closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Belfast tourist ideas!

Belfast tourist ideas!

Hi all,

My GF and I have just decided to take a plane to Belfast for a few days.

We arrive about 9 something tonight and stay til Thursday evening.

Any thoughts on what we should do? I've had a look at all the main sights...any of them definitely worth doing/missing out? We like a bit of tourist stuff and a bit of off-the-beaten path too.

Any specially good eateries?

Any important watch viewing spots?! (I won't show her that part of any replies)!

Cheers oh wise ones!

Toby

Watch viewing? Go to the Merchant Hotel in Belfast and see Nico of 'Pride and Pinion'. Where else can you try on a Comex sub and a handful of Pateks?

Some lovely eateries close to the Merchant too.

Some links to start you off:

https://prideandpinion.com/
    https://instagram.com/prideandpinion...=17i7lxm19rmjh

Directions to the Merchant here https://www.themerchanthotel.com/contact-us

Got to visit the old jail. Well worth a guided tour.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    If you have until Thursday do not miss the north coast. Well publicised attractions and all very well worth a visit. IMHO they live up to the hype.
    Have a walk around Belfast, the titanic quarter is very interesting and foc, too many good restaurants to mention in the city, cathedral quarter probably the best selection.
    Best Guinness in Belfast is in the crown close to Europa hotel. The hillside bar in Hillsborough is also worth a visit, lovely forest park and a royal palace also in the village and worth consideration.
    Enjoy your visit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you are into Game Of Thrones, there are some great tours of locations, we did it last year and it was a fun day out, can get the details if you like?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Watch viewing will be at Lunns in Queens Arcade off Royal Avenue. Belfast is a small city and you’ll enjoy the craic...

My MIL passed away Thursday with funeral this Wednesday otherwise I’d have gladly bought you both a pint...

Also try Smithwicks (Blonde or Red) Ale and Hildens craft beers, nice alternative to Guinness which is global.

Enjoy

Rolex boutique at Lunns, Queens Arcade and beside is Lunns main store. They also have a smaller branch at Victoria Square. Selection of used Rolex at McNeilly’s on Lombard Street (2 minute walk from Queens Arcade.

Opposite the front of Belfast City Hall is the Tourist Information Centre with plenty of advice. Loads of nice bars and restaurants around the Cathedral Quarter (Hill Street & Waring Street area).

There are free guided walks twice a day from the front of the City Hall https://www.belfastfreewalkingtour.com

Crown Bar is owned by the National Trust and worth a visit, also nice is the Garrick front bar on the corner of Chichester and Montgomery Streets (2 mins from City Hall).

Master
    i have done all below,

Thompson graving dock,
    Pump house tour
    Former drawing office of harland and wollfe now a hotel
    Crown bar
    Bus without top tour,
    Crumlin road goal
    Titanic visitor center
    Town hall tour (free)
    Stormont (not on a weekend)
    Ulster museam
    Giants Causeway
    Bushmills

Not done but on my list

Gobbins

Eating

Etoile
    Porterhouse
    SOme casual italian place opposite the Madison hotel in the student quarter (scallinis)

Belfast has been a fave weekender for us for a few years its a fabulous city.
    Last edited by MCFastybloke; 16th September 2019 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    If you are into Game Of Thrones, there are some great tours of locations, we did it last year and it was a fun day out, can get the details if you like?
    Thank you but I’m yet to watch GoT. My missus is furious about it cos she’s a massive fan!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Watch viewing will be at Lunns in Queens Arcade off Royal Avenue. Belfast is a small city and you’ll enjoy the craic...

My MIL passed away Thursday with funeral this Wednesday otherwise I’d have gladly bought you both a pint...

Also try Smithwicks (Blonde or Red) Ale and Hildens craft beers, nice alternative to Guinness which is global.

Enjoy
    Ah that’s such a shame. I’m sorry for your loss. Next time!

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    i have done all below,

Thompson graving dock,
    Pump house tour
    Former drawing office of harland and wollfe now a hotel
    Crown bar
    Bus without top tour,
    Crumlin road goal
    Titanic visitor center
    Town hall tour (free)
    Stormont (not on a weekend)
    Ulster museam
    Giants Causeway
    Bushmills

Not done but on my list

Gobbins

Eating

Etoile
    Porterhouse
    SOme casual italian place opposite the Madison hotel in the student quarter (scallinis)

Belfast has been a fave weekender for us for a few years its a fabulous city.
    Cor you are a fan! Thanks for the ideas! We’VE had a great day today doing titanic quarter and an open top bus tour. Tomorrow we head to the north coast then Thursday we’ll do the jail and maybe Stormont before flying home. We WILL be back!

Mount Stewart house and gardens are worth a trip... the real-life setting for the Ribbentrop/appeasement backdrop to The Remains of the Day; inspiration for one of Ian Kershaw's books, and a fairly pleasant place.