closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Worcestershire- Places to Live

Worcestershire- Places to Live

Hi,

So it looks like we will be moving to Worcestershire, and needing to be within about 30 mins from the hospital in Worcester.

We are looking for village suggestions, preferably smallish, but maybe a Gastropub and a Shop in an ideal world.

Does anyone know the area, and have any suggestions?

Jon

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wellend is nice, probably max distance for you, the Inn at Welland has served me up some nice meals. There are various areas with Malvern such as Malvern Wells which are nice and have plenty of good eateries nearby.

The journey to the hospital is a nightmare at the moment and will be until phase 4 of the major roadworks is finished ( dual carriage way being added from Powick roundabout to M5 J7). This will affect almost any journey where you are travelling from west of the M5 and it isn’t quicker to use the M5 from J5 or J8 to reach J7 or J6 which are a short distance from the hospital.

Worcstershire is a nice place to live, I moved here from SE Kent in 2012 and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Wellend is nice, probably max distance for you, the Inn at Welland has served me up some nice meals. There are various areas with Malvern such as Malvern Wells which are nice and have plenty of good eateries nearby.

The journey to the hospital is a nightmare at the moment and will be until phase 4 of the major roadworks is finished ( dual carriage way being added from Powick roundabout to M5 J7). This will affect almost any journey where you are travelling from west of the M5 and it isn’t quicker to use the M5 from J5 or J8 to reach J7 or J6 which are a short distance from the hospital.

Worcstershire is a nice place to live, I moved here from SE Kent in 2012 and love it.
    Thanks for that... did a bit of a google and it seems that although the start date for those roadworks was published... there seems to be little on when it ends :-)

We are going down in a few weeks on a recee and will include Wellend on the list of places to have a quick look at. Malvern Wells I had already identified, although maybe a bit more obvious.

I don't know if it's a nice place or not, but I always thought Wyre Piddle would be a good address to have on my stationery.

Master
    I hear some places there can be quite saucy so watch out.

I’ll get my coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a number of nice villages of varying sizes to be found in the rough triangle made by the A44 down to Evesham on the east and the M5 down to the M50 on the west. Being to the east should keep you reasonably clear of the road works mentioned by phil as well as giving you access to the railway line to London, if that is of any interest. Plenty of decent food pubs surrounded by picturesque and accessible countryside.

My suggestion would be to take a couple of days out touring the area if possible to get a feel for it. I live in a village to the south of Worcester and my son and his family live close to the hospital, about 15/20 minutes away. Feel free to PM me if you would like a chat or more specific information.

Check out Inkberrow.

Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    Hi,

So it looks like we will be moving to Worcestershire, and needing to be within about 30 mins from the hospital in Worcester.

We are looking for village suggestions, preferably smallish, but maybe a Gastropub and a Shop in an ideal world.

Does anyone know the area, and have any suggestions?

Jon
    Hope you are well Jon?

Can't help with the question though!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman
    Pershore, inkberrow and Crowle are very nice places on the correct side of Worcester...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    Pershore, inkberrow and Crowle are very nice places on the correct side of Worcester...
    Indeed, with Inkberrow providing the model for The Archers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkberrow

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I will take a good luck. I will almost certainly take up the offer of a call about the area and will contact you later in the week.

Regards

Jon