closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yema Superman Heritage thoughts

Yema Superman Heritage thoughts

Anyone own one of these? Thinking of speccing it on brown leather and with mineral crystal for a vintage look but would be interested if any owners here had any observations? Seems like a lot of watch for the money

Master
    looks a lot like the basic Rolex Sub - but not sure I could live with the bezel lock, (looking at it!)
    Last edited by BillN; 15th September 2019 at 16:13.

The current owners of Yema seem to be doing a cracking job of reviving iconic models - along with the Superman there is the Speedgraf (including a limited edition repro of the model worn by Mario Andretti), Yachtingraf, Flygraf, etc. Some are offered in quartz and mechanical versions, which I think is a smart move.

The bezel lock on the Superman is as much a part of its DNA as a cyclops on a Submariner Date or hexagonal screws on a Royal Oak - whether you like 'em or not is matter of personal taste.

The original Superman dates from 1963, and with 300m water resistance would have been a direct competitor for the Submariner and 50 Fathoms for people looking for a real diving watch.
    Last edited by SimonK; 15th September 2019 at 20:30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    The bezel lock on the Superman is as much a part of its DNA as a cyclops on a Submariner Date or hexagonal screws on a Royal Oak - whether you like 'em or not is matter of personal taste.
    I didn't think that the bezel lock was on the original "Superman"

(I think that there is/or was an original Superman for sale on eBay.fr)
    Last edited by BillN; 15th September 2019 at 20:32.

The original Superman did have the patented 'bloque lunette' but these got broken or lost over the years, so often vntage models coming up for sale don't have them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    The original Superman did have the patented 'bloque lunette' but these got broken or lost over the years, so often vntage models coming up for sale don't have them.
    Thanks

Master
    There are quite a few "original" versions for sale on eBay.fr now..........including a Superman GMT ..........used Yema watches are not expensive, quite a range, interesting and maybe worth collecting
    Last edited by BillN; 16th September 2019 at 12:52.