closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 376

Thread: Is this what you've been waiting for?

  1. #151
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    42
    Really great to see the sub hour open time and demand Eddie.
    As others have said - health first, watches second.
    However, if I can tease a little, glad to see you are learning from the steel sport Rolex supply and demand model :-)

  2. #152
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,557
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's going to take me 3 weeks to ship all the orders so please be patient. Orders shipped in the order they were received.

    Eddie
    Well, my order went through at 14.04, so I reckon that's good news for me in terms of shipping! This will be a birthday present for me, and I've got 10 days to my birthday so I'd think a good shout of getting it by then.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  3. #153
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    31,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Expedition dial is described as pale cream in the detail
    If I remember correctly, Eddie at some point said that it will be the same colour as the PRS-29AM. That is described as..."semi-matte vintage white".

  4. #154
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Well, my order went through at 14.04, so I reckon that's good news for me in terms of shipping! This will be a birthday present for me, and I've got 10 days to my birthday so I'd think a good shout of getting it by then.
    I was refreshing back and forth frantically from 13:52pm. I managed to get straight into the shop when it opened bang on 14:00pm.

    But due to my bank being such a pain, my order didn't go though until 14:10pm.

    I've worked out that Eddie was recieving around 4 orders a minute, so my order would be around order number 40.





    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by senraw; 6th October 2019 at 21:35.

  5. #155
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    San Francisco, CA USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's going to take me 3 weeks to ship all the orders so please be patient. Orders shipped in the order they were received.

    Eddie
    No rush, congrats on the successful launch!

  6. #156
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,500
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    I was refreshing back and forth frantically from 13:52pm. I managed to get straight into the shop when it opened bang on 14:00pm.

    But due to my bank being such a pain, my order didn't go though until 14:10pm.

    I've worked out that Eddie was recieving around 4 orders a minute, so my order would be around order number 40.





    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    It averaged 4 orders a minute but it was 86 orders in the first 5 minutes.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  7. #157
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    20,580
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It averaged 4 orders a minute but it was 86 orders in the first 5 minutes.

    Eddie
    Had my order confirmed yesterday, have you now sold out of the first batch (just curious).
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  8. #158
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,500
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Had my order confirmed yesterday, have you now sold out of the first batch (just curious).
    No.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  9. #159
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    20,580
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    No.

    Eddie
    Brief but to the point
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  10. #160
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It averaged 4 orders a minute but it was 86 orders in the first 5 minutes.

    Eddie
    Wowsers.. That's incredible!

    Take it easy Eddie.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

  11. #161
    Oooh I've got a dispatched email awesome

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  12. #162
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Oooh I've got a dispatched email awesome

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    You lucky lucky soul.

    Hopefully I won't have to wait too long! :)

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

  13. #163
    I've been testing this model out for Eddie and I can honestly say this is the best TF watch ever.

    I've hardly worn anything for the last two months.

    It's been swimming, fishing, motorbiking and more.

    It's been worn with suits, t-shirts, jumpers and nothing at all.

    It looks best (imho) on a brown perlon but it works on pretty much anything.

    I know two people who have bought one after seeing mine ("mine"? Yeah, about that: Eddie, it might need a more extended test, not sure about it long-term, etc etc. Hahahah.)

    You know what to do. ;-)

    Unless you don't like a perfectly-proportioned, legible, robust, accurate, versatile, tasteful, timeless classic. In which case, this isn't for you.

  14. #164
    Well, mine has just arrived.....more to follow

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  15. #165
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Well, mine has just arrived.....more to follow

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Nice!

  16. #166
    Any real life pics ?

  17. #167
    I know two people who have bought one after seeing mine

    I've not bought one yet, I was busy Sunday but your pictures and enthusiasm for it has made it go from that's quite nice to I think I want need one.

    Thanks....I think!


    Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it in the 'wild'

  18. #168
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    166
    Well I've got to say Eddie you have certainly knocked it out of the park this time.
    Unbelievable.
    Thanks.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

  19. #169
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    EAST MIDLANDS
    Posts
    395
    WOW,that just looks everything i hoped it would be.You must be delighted with it.My order went through at about 7 minutes past 2 on Sunday so i guess Eddie will get to mine late this week according to the large number of orders he got.

  20. #170
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    swansea uk
    Posts
    431
    very nice, not too flash and size looks good to me

  21. #171
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by silver centurian View Post
    WOW,that just looks everything i hoped it would be.You must be delighted with it.My order went through at about 7 minutes past 2 on Sunday so i guess Eddie will get to mine late this week according to the large number of orders he got.
    It really is as great a looking timepiece on the wrist as it was in all of the pre-sale pictures. The rivets on the bracelet add a subtle extra dimension to it and the clasp is the perfect size for the overall look, though my wrist may need a trim to appreciate it fully. The crown functioned smoothly and the second hand is quite mesmerising against the light background.

    Delighted I certainly am.

  22. #172
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    very nice, not too flash and size looks good to me
    Size of head is perfect for my skinny wrists, I had to take four links out of the bracelet though.

  23. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Any real life pics ?
    Gonna post mine tomorrow, have got rather an expensive Worn and Wound Model 2 premium leather strap to mount it on

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  24. #174
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,557
    That's looking pretty good.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Gonna post mine tomorrow, have got rather an expensive Worn and Wound Model 2 premium leather strap to mount it on

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Thanks !

  26. #176
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1,866
    That looks fantastic, I got my order in very early but will have to wait three weeks before I get home and try it out, bleeding work always gets in the way...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  27. #177
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    Size of head is perfect for my skinny wrists, I had to take four links out of the bracelet though.
    Looks great! How much of a hassle was it to re-size the bracelet?

  28. #178
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    Looks great! How much of a hassle was it to re-size the bracelet?
    No problem at all with the right screwdriver and the magnifying glasses . Just a threaded screw, 5 minute job really.

  29. #179
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    251
    That still looks blooming perfect! Nice to hear such positive comments too. I like riveted bracelets, real or not, so itís good to know they look subtlety good in real life.

    I really, really must make sure Iím not at any family do/shopping (except for watches)/walking the dog/or in-fact, anything at all, when the shop reopens!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  30. #180
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,500
    Shipping may have to slow down for a few days, it looks like I came back to work too early. Woke up this morning with backache and a killer sore throat.

    I managed to ship to normal levels for 2 days but it was too much, better to slow down than put myself out of action altogether.

    Apologies for the delay.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  31. #181
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,557
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Shipping may have to slow down for a few days, it looks like I came back to work too early. Woke up this morning with backache and a killer sore throat.

    I managed to ship to normal levels for 2 days but it was too much, better to slow down than put myself out of action altogether.

    Apologies for the delay.

    Eddie
    Yep, slow down. Health first, always. Hope you feel better soon.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  32. #182
    Apprentice linus.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Bremen, Germany
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Shipping may have to slow down for a few days...
    No problem. Health first. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

  33. #183
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tweed Heads, Australia
    Posts
    87
    No rush Eddie!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #184
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    4,953
    Best to rest and take it easy Eddie.

    Hope you feel much better soon.



    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

  35. #185
    Quick snaps, on Model 2 Worn and Wound

    All the best Eddie, thanks for shipping such a great watch so quickly when clearly not well

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  36. #186
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Quick snaps, on Model 2 Worn and Wound

    All the best Eddie, thanks for shipping such a great watch so quickly when clearly not well

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Certainly looks great on that strap too. Great pictures.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

  37. #187
    Suits a brown strap

  38. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    Certainly looks great on that strap too. Great pictures.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Cheers, 100 quid that strap inc import taxes, I took a guess the watch would compliment it and was right, this has extended lugs so fills the lug gap to the case ( a pet hate of mine )

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  39. #189
    Grand Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Masham-Beverley borders
    Posts
    10,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Everything about this looks great

  40. #190
    This and the white Everest look outstanding. I was only going to buy the black Everest as I already have a white dial Seiko SARB but Iím tempted by a white dial TF watch too. The white Everest on a strap could be quite dressy I think, not as much as the SARB but I want something a tad more casual.

  41. #191
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,557
    That tan strap on the Expedition looks superb.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  42. #192
    Couple more

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  43. #193
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Colchester uk
    Posts
    4
    Received my conformation of despatch today so looking forward to receiving mine tomorrow 😀

  44. #194
    The 16 mm taper is lovely on the bracelet and unlike the studs, but for for me it's made for leather

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  45. #195
    1s lost in 12hrs, excellent

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  46. #196
    1s lost during wear yesterday, 1s gained overnight crown up

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  47. #197
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    189
    Looks superb on the leather strap.

    Had a feeling that these white dials were going to end up in the "both" category rather than "either/or" ... Damn ... :-)

  48. #198
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    267
    For those who have taken delivery... any qualms with the size of the rivets on the bracelet? Do they protrude as much as images suggest? Might they catch on things?

    Thanks!

  49. #199
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by csinclair85 View Post
    For those who have taken delivery... any qualms with the size of the rivets on the bracelet? Do they protrude as much as images suggest? Might they catch on things?

    Thanks!
    They are fine, I cannot think of anything that they could possibly catch on.
    My arm is a forest yet no hair has been tugged yet.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

  50. #200
    Not trying to massage the Boss's ego but I think its utterly fantastic that given Eddie's health issues He's delivered 2 new outstanding timepieces quickly very impressed by the Expedition particularly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information