closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a modified Seiko on eBay

Master

Buying a modified Seiko on eBay

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought a modified Seiko on eBay? I’ve often seen an interesting looking Seiko mod. However, what do you think?

Master
    I've seen quite a few modded 7002 divers I fancy, but (no offence to you) why would anyone buy one already done?? I think the fun of modding is choosing your own parts and playing around until you get a style you like.

Again I do see the appeal, but for me I'd sooner spend a little extra and custom make my own. There's a gigantic "Sharktooth" bezel you can buy for the 007 diver, I keep promising myself I'm gonna mess around with one of those soon!

Journeyman
    timr and energy are 2 factors to be fair. Got my eye on a few on the bay aswell....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    time and energy are 2 factors to be fair.
    Exactly. Plus some of the modified Seiko watches already look appealing - people have modified them more imaginatively than me!

Master
    In that case have at it. Buy carefully because you're going to take a bath if/when you get bored and sell, but they are a lot of fun for not much money.

It really depends on what modifications you want. I’m making two small changes to mine along the lines of this one so it’s better to buy the parts myself and get it done by someone I trust:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It really depends on what modifications you want. I’m making two small changes to mine along the lines of this one so it’s better to buy the parts myself and get it done by someone I trust:

I’ve never considered this topic, but your picture has intrigued me - what changes will you be making? Not knowing much about the Seiko line I’m hoping I can learn something here. The watch in your picture looks really good.

My changes will be replacing the standard black chapter ring with the brushed steel one in the photo. I’ll also replace the stock bezel insert with a ceramic mil-style model.

That would be fine for me.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I’ve never considered this topic, but your picture has intrigued me - what changes will you be making? Not knowing much about the Seiko line I’m hoping I can learn something here. The watch in your picture looks really good.

Craftsman
    Yep, I bought this a while ago and wear it often.

I’ve been following Seiko mods on Instagram and it’s tempting me too, although I’d probably want someone more competent than me to do the work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk