closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 30 vehicles seized by Peterborough police this week … No. 29 is a recovery truck

30 vehicles seized by Peterborough police this week … No. 29 is a recovery truck

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Blog Entries
    Good stuff. Get them off the road.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I live exist in Peterborough and it's very refreshing to see these f**kwits being taken off the road and publicly advertised.

The local police use some hilarious hastags on their FB posts #benaughtygetcaughty being my favourite

And then you get the story of a Ptown taxi driver this week doing 70 in a 40 limit, racking up 12 points on his licence and being allowed to keep his licence, and therefore job, because "he's sorry"
    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...ence-1-9067470
    Last edited by amnesia; 12th September 2019 at 13:34.

Master
    I wish they’d start removing these modified 4 stroke mopeds off the road! I’ve never heard a more hideous noise from a bike than these 4 stroke peds with a straight through exhaust!

When I stay at my GF’s there’s a kid with one who pulls out a junction (at 4:30am) onto her road and canes the hell out of it past the house and it’s unbelievably loud. She lives on a street with terrace houses lining either side and the noise is crazy.

There’s also a car of unknown description that I can hear from my house on a bypass from miles away until it passes probably 1/4 mile from where I am with the loudest ‘pop and bang’ map you could believe! Every night between 11pm and 12 they can be heard. I’ve heard my share of these popping and banging mapped cars but this one is bananas, literally like gun shots. Funny thing was I bumped into a neighbour (who lives in the next street) at the supermarket the other day and we were chatting about work & usual stuff and he just came out with it “have you heard that car banging at around midnight!”

I know I were all young once but some of this stuff these days is just obnoxiously loud.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I wish they’d start removing these modified 4 stroke mopeds off the road! I’ve never heard a more hideous noise from a bike than these 4 stroke peds with a straight through exhaust!

When I stay at my GF’s there’s a kid with one who pulls out a junction (at 4:30am) onto her road and canes the hell out of it past the house and it’s unbelievably loud. She lives on a street with terrace houses lining either side and the noise is crazy.

There’s also a car of unknown description that I can hear from my house on a bypass from miles away until it passes probably 1/4 mile from where I am with the loudest ‘pop and bang’ map you could believe! Every night between 11pm and 12 they can be heard. I’ve heard my share of these popping and banging mapped cars but this one is bananas, literally like gun shots. Funny thing was I bumped into a neighbour (who lives in the next street) at the supermarket the other day and we were chatting about work & usual stuff and he just came out with it “have you heard that car banging at around midnight!”

I know I were all young once but some of this stuff these days is just obnoxiously loud.
    I thought my Harley was loud until my neighbour starts up his Audi 'sports car'!

Its the usual reason - no effective policing of the roads.

I has to drive into Reading today (well someone has to) and whilst waiting at traffic lights on the one way system near the Oracle shopping centre a youf on a very loud scooter pulled up alongside. When the lights turned green he pulled a wheelie, nearly falling off, and sped away. The noise was deafening. Waiting behind me was a police car and the two occupants did not react at all to this, just carried on looking suitable bored.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I live exist in Peterborough and it's very refreshing to see these f**kwits being taken off the road and publicly advertised.

The local police use some hilarious hastags on their FB posts #benaughtygetcaughty being my favourite

And then you get the story of a Ptown taxi driver this week doing 70 in a 40 limit, racking up 12 points on his licence and being allowed to keep his licence, and therefore job, because "he's sorry"
    https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...ence-1-9067470

Scandalous … he should be treated in the same way as other offenders.

Say no more

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I thought my Harley was loud until my neighbour starts up his Audi 'sports car'!
    A lot of modern sports cars have this ‘loud start’ mode. My GF’s old neighbour had a Merc C63 AMG and used to get up for work early, it’d jump you awake when it fired up from cold. Then it’d settle to a much quieter idle after the initial few seconds.

Mind you, Harley’s aren’t much better! They could do with banning too (only kidding)

The kid who I mentioned above, his Dad/brother (it lives at the same house) has a Harley. Again, he feels the need to wring the neck of it from the junction waking everyone within a mile. I feel sorry for the bike’s engine from cold, sadly neither seem to have blown up. At least the Harley sounds half decent compared to the moped.

I’ve often wondered how Harley’s are legal when sports bikes have been silenced to death for years, yet Harley’s are allowed to be one of the loudest things on the road.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    A lot of modern sports cars have this ‘loud start’ mode. My GF’s old neighbour had a Merc C63 AMG and used to get up for work early, it’d jump you awake when it fired up from cold. Then it’d settle to a much quieter idle after the initial few seconds.

Mind you, Harley’s aren’t much better! They could do with banning too (only kidding)

The kid who I mentioned above, his Dad/brother (it lives at the same house) has a Harley. Again, he feels the need to wring the neck of it from the junction waking everyone within a mile. I feel sorry for the bike’s engine from cold, sadly neither seem to have blown up. At least the Harley sounds half decent compared to the moped.

I’ve often wondered how Harley’s are legal when sports bikes have been silenced to death for years, yet Harley’s are allowed to be one of the loudest things on the road.
    I get an advisory every year. Says. "Exhaust noisy (7.1.2)" but it still passes! I think it's expected that they will be noisy. If Audi can make a car as noisy as my neighbours I'm not going to worry.

Master
    Not sure if most (or any ) Harleys leave the dealer with standard road pipes, prick that lived next door for a while would at 6.30 am, start his in the garage and let it idle for a few minutes, until he was ready to leave for work, when I suggested that he shove it out the garage past the gable end then start it and leave, he looked blank, he thought all bikes needed to warm up before moving, I told him his bike had a dry clutch but still blank looks. Just one of his many quirks! thankfully he has moved away.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Not sure if most (or any ) Harleys leave the dealer with standard road pipes,
    Quite.
    Standard they comply and are quiet enough.
    For the rest the UK MoT is by far the most .... ´flexible´ of the EU.
    Over here every single motorcycle is checked religeously on having the homologation nmbers on the exhaust and áll are sound checked.

The loud things on the road here are the DaVici ´muffled´ large capacity scooters. WAY louder than Harleys because of the cvt and better handling. All swap the OEM exhaust for periodic inspection.
    They make me smile; it´s only for a moment as they pass by fast enough. Sure it sometimes startles me but that is foremostly me being an old fart. Same thing kids on loud mopeds; it´s kids having fun and good for them! Yes, it can be annoying but ... yep foremostly being old fart.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 12th September 2019 at 18:57.

30 vehicles seized by Peterborough police this week … No. 29 is a recovery truck

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Its the usual reason - no effective policing of the roads.

I has to drive into Reading today (well someone has to) and whilst waiting at traffic lights on the one way system near the Oracle shopping centre a youf on a very loud scooter pulled up alongside. When the lights turned green he pulled a wheelie, nearly falling off, and sped away. The noise was deafening. Waiting behind me was a police car and the two occupants did not react at all to this, just carried on looking suitable bored.
    I had an almost identical encounter on the roundabout in Avonmouth. The only problem was as he went to take off his front wheel was on such an angle that he went sideways and did fall off. Naturally I tooted and "waved" at him with an up and down hand gesture. I could see he was consumed with rage but he couldn't follow me as he had L plates on and I was headed for the Motorway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Quite.
    Standard they comply and are quiet enough.
    For the rest the UK MoT is by far the most .... ´flexible´ of the EU.
    Over here every single motorcycle is checked religeously on having the homologation nmbers on the exhaust and áll are sound checked.

The loud things on the road here are the DaVici ´muffled´ large capacity scooters. WAY louder than Harleys because of the cvt and better handling. All swap the OEM exhaust for periodic inspection.
    They make me smile; it´s only for a moment as they pass by fast enough. Sure it sometimes startles me but that is foremostly me being an old fart. Same thing kids on loud mopeds; it´s kids having fun and good for them! Yes, it can be annoying but ... yep foremostly being old fart.
    Surreal.

Nice to know the EU is keeping everything 'standard'! Anything like LeoVince exhausts?

Master
    The taxi office I work out of has an Indian takeaway next door to it and one of their delivery drivers has a lhd Polish registered car. I’ve often wondered if it’s being legally or illegally used to deliver food. Is it insured in Poland or the UK? If Poland, can he legally use it for reward in the UK being that it’s permanently here and not being driven here as a visitor? If it’s insured in the UK, how can it still have the Polish plates?