closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Contact wait out

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    2,049

    Contact wait out

    Who else did this thereís 300,000 of us?
    1978 is the year I first went,though I never actually patrolled on foot.
    From what I am learning some of you went through hell,so many stories untold and history is being re written against us.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    ... history is being re written against us.
    What do you mean?

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    A real soldier never tells of what he / she did in the province. Unless that person is a WALT.

  4. #4
    Craftsman Templogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shetland
    Posts
    631
    Ex Sneaky Beaky Maddog?

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    A real soldier never tells of what he / she did in the province. Unless that person is a WALT.
    Wrong, unless I know 16,000 or more of them anyone bragging would be given short shrift.

    I didnít do anything glamorous but I did my bit.

  6. #6
    Master Lampoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lincs. The bit with hills.
    Posts
    4,576
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    A real soldier never tells of what he / she did in the province. Unless that person is a WALT.
    Damn right. That's also why I'll never reveal my role on the balcony of the Iranian embassy.

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Wrong, unless I know 16,000 or more of them anyone bragging would be given short shrift.

    I didnít do anything glamorous but I did my bit.

    I never talk about my days in NI, but I did my bit.

    I think brag is the wrong word to use. People remember what they did.

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Ex Sneaky Beaky Maddog?
    No.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Why did this topic ever come to light. Was the OP that fed up.

  10. #10
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    35,564
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I never talk about my days in NI, but I did my bit.

    I think brag is the wrong word to use. People remember what they did.
    Why would anybody want to discuss anything related to this on a public forum?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  11. #11
    Master stoneyloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Stoney by the Sea!
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Why did this topic ever come to light. Was the OP that fed up.
    That's exactly what I thought...

    Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    35,564
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    That's exactly what I thought...
    Ditchdigger/Soapy has form for it.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  13. #13
    Grand Master SimonK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    17,676
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    A real soldier never tells of what he / she did in the province. Unless that person is a WALT.
    Steven Mitchell, CBE, DCM, MM was pretty explicit about what he did in his book Seven Troop; a person about as far from being a Walt as possible, I'd say.

  14. #14
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    2,695
    The OP doesnít even know the colour of the boathouse at Hereford...........

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Steven Mitchell, CBE, DCM, MM was pretty explicit about what he did in his book Seven Troop; a person about as far from being a Walt as possible, I'd say.
    I had the honour of meeting Steven, aka Andy McNab many years ago. I thought he was a very nice guy. He was doing a Q and A at Strike Command ( now Air Command ).

    He even signed a couple of his books , IA and B20 for me.

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The OP doesnít even know the colour of the boathouse at Hereford...........
    By him starting a thread like this, I don't think he even know's what day of the week it is.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I had the honour of meeting Steven, aka Andy McNab many years ago. I thought he was a very nice guy. He was doing a Q and A at Strike Command ( now Air Command ).

    He even signed a couple of his books , IA and B20 for me.
    All his books are fiction,if you served you should be aware of whatís happening and lending your support.

    Dismissing whatís happening to your mates and what they are going through is bad form.



  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    All his books are fiction,if you served you should be aware of whatís happening and lending your support.

    Dismissing whatís happening to your mates and what they are going through is bad form.


    I think most of us are fully aware of what is happening,but let the courts do there job. Nothing we can do on here.

  19. #19
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    35,564
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I think most of us are fully aware of what is happening,but let the courts do there job. Nothing we can do on here.
    I agree John, G&D is not really the place either.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I think most of us are fully aware of what is happening,but let the courts do there job. Nothing we can do on here.
    A statement like that tells me all I need to know,letís go back to talking about waiting lists and Rolex.

    It doesnít bother me.

  21. #21
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    A statement like that tells me all I need to know,letís go back to talking about waiting lists and Rolex.

    It doesnít bother me.
    I don't understand your reasoning behind all of this. It obviously does bother you as you keep responding.

    What these comments tell you.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    All his books are fiction,if you served you should be aware of whatís happening and lending your support.

    Dismissing whatís happening to your mates and what they are going through is bad form.
    Are you claiming some sort of immunity from prosecution for (alleged) crimes committed by British servicemen on active duty in NI? If so, why?

  23. #23
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sussex uk
    Posts
    14,370
    Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ' EXEMPLO DUCEMUS '
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    All his books are fiction,if you served you should be aware of whatís happening and lending your support.

    Dismissing whatís happening to your mates and what they are going through is bad form.



    I have a copy of ' Seven Troop '. If you had the time to read it them you will know that not all of Mr McNabs books are fiction. I think that your alittle bit deluded.

    Is there really something that you should be telling us. Hence this post. Do you have something to get off your chest.

    These servicemen who are being witch hunted were very young at the time of the incidents that they were caught up in and therefore did not get any backing from there officers. They carried out orders given to them as well you should now and the ghosts of years back have come back to haunt them unfortunately.

  25. #25
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The OP doesnít even know the colour of the boathouse at Hereford...........
    Nice reference and a great film, massively underrated I always thought!

  26. #26
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Bath,UK
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Damn right. That's also why I'll never reveal my role on the balcony of the Iranian embassy.
    You are Kate Adie and I claim my £5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •