closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RMSD will actually cover up to £10k

RMSD will actually cover up to £10k

If you buy the consequential loss premium. Scroll down to the Special Delivery part and then click on 'What is consequential loss and how much does it cost?'

Apologies if this has been posted before. If not, you are welcome :)

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/uk...7vN9Sfdob1bDA8

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If you buy the consequential loss premium. Scroll down to the Special Delivery part and then click on 'What is consequential loss and how much does it cost?'

Was about to post similar they seem to have cranked up cover which is great news for SC

Its pretty cheap too at £9.72 for £10k. That has to be a recent change for the better. Well spotted Ryah.

Isn’t that for something else? If say your signed contract didn’t arrive on time and you incurred fees your end

Grand Master
    Sounds like good news, but are we sure that watches are covered?

I’m a big fan of RMSD, I use it frequently and I’ve never had a problem.

Sometimes folks don’t help themselves though. Just received 4 watches this week, all posted RMSD, only one was packaged and labelled to a standard I would judge to be acceptable. Two had omitted the return address (the backstop in case it can’t be delivered for whatever reason), one had the address scrawled in a barely legible fashion! It surprises my how poorly some folks pack watches, yet others go completely overboard!

If that's correct, then that's welcome, should cover basic Rolex. Just need them to up it to £30-40k to cover the basic Patek models.

Please nobody post a watch over £2500 with the consequential loss insurance as you won't be covered. This has been mentioned many times see thread here https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...surance-change

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Isn’t that for something else? If say your signed contract didn’t arrive on time and you incurred fees your end
    Yup, pretty sure this is not item cover.

Blog Entries
    This has beed covered at length and many times before. Anything over £2500 potentially is not insured AT ALL.

You need to buy your own insurance such as from: https://www.shipinforsure.com/aboutus.php. TZ members can get insurance by referral. For example, cost me $9 to insure a £3000 watch sent by RMSD recently

Martyn.

Master
    That's a shame to read Mr chef.

So is there an option to get third party coverage for non business users? I'm used to meeting up and actually prefer F2F deals but would be good to know.

I've heard of www.shipinforsure.com but they are US based..

EDIT: thanks Martyn! Just saw your reply.

Master
    Consequential loss is something else - insuring against the potential consequences of a loss, not specifically the value of the item posted.

From the Royal Mail website:
    Can I buy consequential loss coverage?
    Sometimes the damage, delay or loss of an item can lead to greater loss than the actual value of the item itself. For such items you can buy our consequential loss cover of up to £10,000. This cover could be a wise choice for important legal documents or tax returns that may result in penalties if lost or not delivered on time. Just ask for consequential loss when you send your item by Special Delivery Guaranteed™. Make your compensation claims through our Customer Services within 14 days of posting. You’ll need to include the receipt for purchase in order to file the claim

Ah ok oops my bad. I genuinely thought this was new coverage. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

The wording there is very misleading. It says: "You can buy consequential loss cover for items that could be costly if lost, damaged or delayed." This incorrectly makes it seem as if this cover might provide compensation for something in and of its own right that is lost, damaged or delayed but that is absolutely NOT what it does.

Consequential loss cover covers you in case the consequences of an item being lost, damaged or delay might cost you money. E.g. If a contract is delayed or lost, or similar. The contract itself is worthless in and of its own right but the consequences of its loss would be costly.

Consequential loss cover is worthless for items that are themselves worth money, such as watches. RMSD's maximum insurance for such items is still £2500.

Also, optional consequential loss cover with RMSD is not new; it's always been there.

Grand Master
    Shame.......I thought it sounded a bit too good, and the wording seemed a bit strange.