closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for an engraver

Looking for an engraver

I was hoping for some recommendations (preferably in London) for a skilled engraver to engrave the back of my Daytona. I know it will affect value (this one is a keeper, I have had it since 2008, I call it my 'Lehman' watch), but I want to mark a big occasion. The engraving will be nothing fancy, some text and date.

Thanks in advance.

I got the case back of my Submariner engraved through WoS on Old Bond Street. Unfortunately I'm not sure which engraver they used, but it came out well. You could give them a call? It was laser engraved rather than hand engraved (difference between 100s and 1000s!).

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I was hoping for some recommendations (preferably in London) for a skilled engraver to engrave the back of my Daytona. I know it will affect value (this one is a keeper, I have had it since 2008, I call it my 'Lehman' watch), but I want to mark a big occasion. The engraving will be nothing fancy, some text and date.

Thanks in advance.
    If you just want some text, surely you are better to get machine engraving done? More reliable as skill is reduced to setup and alignment.

Master
    Rolex recommended Rob Giddings, just off Piccadilly. He did a great job on my DJ41.

I can recommend somebody but he's in Norway.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Grand Master
    I have had my ring done (oh er matron) with laser engraving and also done a few casebacks the same way and think that it is the least destructive and easiest to remove whilst not degrading over time. Have a chap in Hatton if required.
    RIAC

Blog Entries

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Rolex recommended Rob Giddings, just off Piccadilly. He did a great job on my DJ41.
    I can thoroughly recommend him. Near Asprey if I remember correctly. He did a superb caseback engraving for me and does a lot for the military and various trophies etc.