closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: TWR watch repairs (Sinn Servicing)?

  1. #1

    TWR watch repairs (Sinn Servicing)?

    Has anyone had any experience of TWR watch repairs? www.twrwatchrepairs.co.uk My Sinn is overdue for a service.
    Last edited by morgan; 11th September 2019 at 19:51.

  2. #2
    Journeyman Curtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Petersfield UK
    Posts
    58
    I would deal directly with Sinn Germany and send it to them for servicing.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

  3. #3
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I would deal directly with Sinn Germany and send it to them for servicing.
    Aren't they notoriously slow?

    I now have 3 Sinns (All with AR), but I dread the day I need to send one back or, at least, wonder how long it will be before I see it again!

    M
    Last edited by snowman; 12th September 2019 at 12:21.

  4. #4
    They (Sinn) say itís up to 120 days at the moment, my UX needs a once over, so I had to buy a U2 to keep me going while itís away.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    987

    I'd ask Neil at Chronomaster to arrange the servicing.

    As an authorised dealer, he can order any parts from Sinn but also get the watch serviced in the UK. The best of both worlds. My experience of Chronomaster servicing my watch was very positive indeed.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I'd ask Neil at Chronomaster to arrange the servicing.

    As an authorised dealer, he can order any parts from Sinn but also get the watch serviced in the UK. The best of both worlds. My experience of Chronomaster servicing my watch was very positive indeed.
    It depends what watch it is, anything oil filled or AR has to go back to Sinn

  7. #7
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    It depends what watch it is, anything oil filled or AR has to go back to Sinn
    I have the EZM2 which is oil filled, I heard it could be a long time for a battery/oil change but 120 days is ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Master Gavbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,371
    Worth the wait in my opinion. Why risk it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I have the EZM2 which is oil filled, I heard it could be a long time for a battery/oil change but 120 days is ridiculous.
    Mine is off next week, Iíll keep you posted.

  10. #10
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I would deal directly with Sinn Germany and send it to them for servicing.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Its not compulsory to return whatever brand back to the maker,or assume they'll be any better than anyone else capable of servicing the watch.

    So why do you say send it back to Sinn as opposed to an independant?.

    I agree some will have to.


  11. #11
    Thanks to everyone for replying. I guess someone has to dip there toe into the water to find out, guess that's me then. I'll report back as we go along.

  12. #12
    Journeyman Curtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Petersfield UK
    Posts
    58
    Because many Sinn watches have unique parts/technology and only Sinn or a Sinn approved ADs have assess to the tooling/parts to carry out a service.
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Its not compulsory to return whatever brand back to the maker,or assume they'll be any better than anyone else capable of servicing the watch.

    So why do you say send it back to Sinn as opposed to an independant?.

    I agree some will have to.
    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #13
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Because many Sinn watches have unique parts/technology and only Sinn or a Sinn approved ADs have assess to the tooling/parts to carry out a service.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    But not all Sinn have to go back to them.Yes as I said some do........but those that don't can be sorted by an independant.

    Ive never sent a watch to its maker,always used an independant watch repairer.

    Id rather save than loose my money,that's what a true Yorkshireman does.


  14. #14
    Journeyman Curtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Petersfield UK
    Posts
    58
    Trying to determine which Sinn watches do or don't need to be serviced by Sinn is not an easy task and most people couldn't be bothered. If your aim is just to save money, then maybe it's time to move away from premium watches altogether

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

  15. #15
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Trying to determine which Sinn watches do or don't need to be serviced by Sinn is not an easy task and most people couldn't be bothered. If your aim is just to save money, then maybe it's time to move away from premium watches altogether

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Not easy to move away from premium watches when that's what most of mine are.

    I have the U1,that's doesn't and wouldn't be sent to Sinn.

    And that in a nutshell is what I was saying.......They don't have to go back to Sinn,as don't other brands.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 16th September 2019 at 14:27.


  16. #16
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    17
    My 103 Ti AR took 2 months and it came back in a nice Sinn carry case. I always use Sinn in Germany now. A bit slow (and pricey) but confident it'll be done well.

    I did once cheap out and sent the Sinn to an independent and the chrono hand fell after a day! I guess paying £70 for a full service on a 7750 you should expect something to happen!

    By the way they now come back with a little clear bag with all the parts they replaced. A bit like Omega do.

  17. #17
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassette View Post
    My 103 Ti AR took 2 months and it came back in a nice Sinn carry case. I always use Sinn in Germany now. A bit slow (and pricey) but confident it'll be done well.

    I did once cheap out and sent the Sinn to an independent and the chrono hand fell after a day! I guess paying £70 for a full service on a 7750 you should expect something to happen!

    By the way they now come back with a little clear bag with all the parts they replaced. A bit like Omega do.
    If a recent service then alarm bells would certainly sound at £70!!.

    And let me just stress,when I say "independant" I mean someone we know and trust via the forum.

    There's saving money,and there's wasting money.


  18. #18
    Journeyman Curtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Petersfield UK
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Not easy to move away from premium watches when that's what most of mine are.

    I have the U1,that's doesn't and wouldn't be sent to Sinn.

    And that in a nutshell is what I was saying.......They don't have to go back to Sinn,as don't other brands.
    Sorry but I disagree particularly with the oil filled models.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •