closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Wearing my favourite again

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    704

    Wearing my favourite again

    My D serial LV was bought new by me in 2005 and was my daily wearer for almost a Decade until I bought an LVC.
    I put it back on today after several years and i really do prefer it to the ceramic version.
    Thereís a mark on the insert which I donít remember doing but it doesnít look too bad considering Iím fairly hard on my watches!


  2. #2
    Craftsman JPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    831
    That's a modern classic. Enjoy!

    PS: You're lucky to have it purchased back in the day. Have you looked at the current prices? Crazy.

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    That's a modern classic. Enjoy!

    PS: You're lucky to have it purchased back in the day. Have you looked at the current prices? Crazy.
    Todayís prices are ridiculous, certainly not worth it IMO.

  4. #4
    I agree that the current prices are ridiculous.

    My favorite LV sub, I have a Steinhart Sub in green just to kill the bug.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by barbosas View Post
    I agree that the current prices are ridiculous.

    My favorite LV sub, I have a Steinhart Sub in green just to kill the bug.
    Any green is good!

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,246
    Looks really great.

    I have been looking at LVs for sale recently. What is the significance for the serial number letter?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow(ish)
    Posts
    334
    Much nicer than the LVc.

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Looks really great.

    I have been looking at LVs for sale recently. What is the significance for the serial number letter?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Thereís lots of different serials.
    The first were Y then F for 2003 (the anniversary year.)
    Then thereís engraved rehaut and random serials.
    Thereís 3 ticks and 5 ticks
    Pointed 4 and flat
    Olive and lime inserts
    Font position etc. etc.
    All a load of nonsense really but can mean several thousand pounds more depending on what it is...

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    3,848
    forgive my ignorance but what is going on with the hour hand

  10. #10
    Craftsman ozzyb123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    forgive my ignorance but what is going on with the hour hand
    I think there's a bit of reflection, that's all

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    I think there's a bit of reflection, that's all
    It does look odd but yes only a reflection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information