closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Waiting time for Rolex 39mm OP 114300 white?

Waiting time for Rolex 39mm OP 114300 white?

Thinking of getting one but I am assuming I will have to approach an AD.Whats the availability like? Any real world experiences? I know they appear in window displays but with the current shenanigans with steel sports rolex thought I would canvas opinion.Thx.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Just make some calls. I wouldn’t expect you to have issues with that model. Where are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Just make some calls. I wouldn’t expect you to have issues with that model. Where are you based?

Going to talk to AD's soon,just wanted people's real world experiences?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I can try asking my AD when I pop in later today - but didn’t think this piece was hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Going to talk to AD's soon,just wanted people's real world experiences?

Just pointing out there shouldn’t be a wait. One of your questions was ‘what’s availability like’.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I can try asking my AD when I pop in later today - but didn’t think this piece was hard to find?
    Thanks,I'd appreciate that very much.I have seen them in the windows...last AD I spoke to said they have only seen 2 this year.

I think you may be disappointed; from what I’ve heard, the black or white ones are like gold dust whilst the older colours are readily available (rhodium, grape, blue?)

Master
    Wait lists and availability are all a bit pot luck I think. It would pay to actually visit some ADs as they get loads of phone calls every day. I have seen OPs of all colours in windows over last few weeks.

Some ADs, like the one I use, don’t have waiting lists and just put watches in the window.

I've spoken with a couple of AD's regarding the black dial (I eventually got mine from SC), however both Black and White dials have been really popular. Earlier in the year I saw both in displays in York and London but not any more.

In August an independent AD said they didn't expect any more before April. A chain AD (Frazer Hart) said they didn't have any group stock and expected a 6 month wait, but they don't know what they'll receive in each delivery so it's worth putting your name on a list and keep asking around.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post

The same day if you make a few calls.

Craftsman
    I've been on a 'list' for one for a white dialed one for 4 weeks now with no word in the NE, and 10 weeks with an AD in Scotland - again, with no word.

They are more popular than many people think - the SS shortage is just trickling further down the line and is being impacted by people who just want a rolex, any rolex.

Happy to wait and tbf I've no purchase history with either so I guess I'll never get the call ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I've been on a 'list' for one for a white dialed one for 4 weeks now with no word in the NE, and 10 weeks with an AD in Scotland - again, with no word.

They are more popular than many people think - the SS shortage is just trickling further down the line and is being impacted by people who just want a rolex, any rolex.

Happy to wait and tbf I've no purchase history with either so I guess I'll never get the call ;)
    I am sure if you rang around you would have one on the wrist the same day. I purchased a black one not long ago after phoning several AD's around London by the end of the day I had located two.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I am sure if you rang around you would have one on the wrist the same day. I purchased a black one not long ago after phoning several AD's around London by the end of the day I had located two.
    Goldsmiths in Newcastle did have a black one for sale in the window, but it was white I am after. I'm sure you're right however!

I'll be down in London in October so may well be worth phoning ahead to see if any retailers have them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think you may be disappointed; from what I’ve heard, the black or white ones are like gold dust whilst the older colours are readily available (rhodium, grape, blue?)
    I was in WoS in the Royal Exchange and this is pretty much what they said to me. They had the grape for me to try on but said I would be waiting for Black or White.

I was quite surpised by how big the 39mm wears. It's much larger than I expected.
    Last edited by eagletower; 11th September 2019 at 13:28.

Craftsman
    Spoke to my AD and they’ve said the white/blue/black pieces are rarer but no ‘waiting lists’ and they do display them. They had a Rhodium/Red Grape one when I walked in.

If I had to gauge, it sounded like it won’t take more than 1-2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post

I was quote surpised by how big the 39mm wears. It's much larger than I expected.
    Yes, it wears the same as an oldskool sub.

I waited three days for "them to send one up from London", but that was over two years ago. Discounted, too. The dial is stunning. In a lot of ways, it's my favourite Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Goldsmiths in Newcastle did have a black one for sale in the window, but it was white I am after. I'm sure you're right however!

I'll be down in London in October so may well be worth phoning ahead to see if any retailers have them in stock.

where are you based?

OK, so I went into the local AD and they've taken my details.Expect 9 month wait I am told.Lovely lady I spoke to and a coffee too.Hope she was being conservative with the timescale.Thanks so far for the comments.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    OK, so I went into the local AD and they've taken my details.Expect 9 month wait I am told.Lovely lady I spoke to and a coffee too.Hope she was being conservative with the timescale.Thanks so far for the comments.

Based on the chat I had at my AD I was given the impression that it wouldn’t take that long - do you want me to try expressing an interest?

Master
    I’ve seen one or two in AD windows, keep an eye out on the ‘Rolex window’ thread if you’re prepared to travel a little. Shouldn’t take too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Yes, it wears the same as an oldskool sub.
    In my opinion it wears larger than a 5 digit submariner due to the bezel.

My local AD has the black dial of this and also the Explorer in at present. I’m trying both on this Friday, before they notify the intended owners that they’re available. Got my name on the list for both and will just have to see which lands first - AD reckons about Feb for the OP39. I assumed they’d be easier to get but seems they are pretty popular.

Thanks everyone for the comments.Thinking longterm I want to develop a relationship with the local AD. That way I can get the more desirable watches hopefully although I've been burn't in the past and don't take anything for granted.I'm not in a rush so we will see what happens..hate playing the game but the lass was great at the dealership and time will tell.Wish me luck!