closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor P01 release delays?

Tudor P01 release delays?

The one watch I am desparate to try on! I went to all the tudor places in Hong Kong as tudor is pretty well represented there and no one seemed to know when the watch was due. I thought end of july. I am wondering if the negative Basel reaction coupled with production problems has delayed release? Or is it another watch that never was?

Craftsman
    Perhaps it really was a joke ?

Craftsman
    My local ad said they were expecting them in october

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    ADs should have demonstration models available to try on? I tried one on in my AD in July. Have to say they look better in the flesh then they do in the pics. I actually quite liked it.

Oh wow, I will keep waiting
    Good to know they are being released. I will keep an eye out

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that an oyster bracelet could be altered to fit it, then it would look perfect

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive been waiting to see these as I quite like the odd/different design.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    ADs should have demonstration models available to try on? I tried one on in my AD in July. Have to say they look better in the flesh then they do in the pics. I actually quite liked it.
    I thought it was absolutely awful at the time - I have to admit I actually don't mind it now. Though I haven't seen one in the metal. I think it was just disappointment that it wasn't the sub everyone thought it was going to be (even though I wasn't particularly interested in a sub anyway!).

Craftsman
    Pretty certain that either Goldsmiths or Watches of Switzerland in Birmingham had one in a window display the other day.

I am gonna keep a look out, although the back bay steel looks a bit like it from a distance

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    Perhaps it really was a joke ?
    If only!

This ugly watch just won an award at GPHG!!!! - Hands-On with the Tudor Black Bay P01 (Nov 13, 2019)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch0d4G3SF5g

The original looked so much meaner... with those double holes on the lugs and the really thick domed acrylic. About as prototype as it gets.

Yes the original has a more chunky look and the dial and bezel looks less spaced out. However I still want to see it in the flesh

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If anybody sees one of these in store anywhere on their travels please let me know as I would like one of these.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

This ugly watch just won an award at GPHG!!!! - Hands-On with the Tudor Black Bay P01 (Nov 13, 2019)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch0d4G3SF5g

The original looked so much meaner... with those double holes on the lugs and the really thick domed acrylic. About as prototype as it gets.
    So the reason why I think it won this abomination won a GPHG prize - the Ming watch which was a main competitor won one of the main prizes - 'Revelation' and a watch cannot win 2 awards at GPHG - a fact not well publicised. At a guess Ming topped of the 'Challenge' category as well but because of this silly rule, whoever came second in the voting takes the prize.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    If anybody sees one of these in store anywhere on their travels please let me know as I would like one of these.
    Not very helpful but they had one in Siam Paragon mall in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and even offered me a discount on it.

I picked up mine from Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre last Monday, it was the first one they had received and I got it as I put my name down the day after Baselworld on a whim. I was pretty much sold on the watch as soon as I tried it on but the lugs are looooong!

Someone has posted on TRF that there is a waiting list of 200+ at Harrods which I have no reason to challenge but nevertheless find incredible even thought the win in the "Challenge" category this year at GPHG will have raised the profile of this piece. It is not going to appeal to everyone that's for sure but in my watch box full of divers it is a breath of fresh air and fun to wear as well as being strangely comfortable.

Quick wrist pic.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Sorry Ben, saw it at Schiphol airport. Very distinctive, the crown position especially. It was €3082, for reference.

Craftsman
    I love the dial and even the faux puffy lume. Fingers crossed that dial makes it into a Sub next year ;)

I was initially horrified by it but I have to say the more videos I see the more I think it's not as terrible as it initially looked.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I love the dial and even the faux puffy lume. Fingers crossed that dial makes it into a Sub next year ;)

I was initially horrified by it but I have to say the more videos I see the more I think it's not as terrible as it initially looked.
    The best thing about the dial is the absence of jumbo white gold framed lume plot surrounds and no faux patina!

If they put this dial in a 58 cased Black Bay next year it will be about as hot as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    The best thing about the dial is the absence of jumbo white gold framed lume plot surrounds and no faux patina!

You are absolutely right there.

I know of one more available if anyone is interested?

Master
    I’d love to see one in the flesh Jon. Is it local, in the Midlands?

Craftsman
    Starting to like these..gods knows why !

Master
    I made a trip to an AD a couple of weeks ago thinking they would probably have one in stock judging by the general reaction to them. However, they haven’t had one yet which I thought was strange considering it was showcased so long ago. I am really intrigued by it, just hope it looks as good in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I’d love to see one in the flesh Jon. Is it local, in the Midlands?
    Yes mate.

This one is a slow burner.

A tool watch with a very pure vintage inspired dial, no silly aged patina, a stunning build quality and a genuine heritage.

Now mounted on a tropic using the stock deployant