closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got the call 2 - with a bit of a story

Got the call 2 - with a bit of a story

I’d been thinking of cutting down my collection for some time and getting a Sub so I started making the calls at the beginning of the year to get on lists.
    First call was to the AD where I bought a 14060 from some years back and I got a snotty young guy who was probably fed up getting calls about Rolex sports but decided to give me a bit of attitude and was very condescending to say the least.
    So I thought “you’re not getting my business” made calls to other dealers and used the first AD’s web site to provide some feedback on my experience.
    A week later I got a call from the manager who apologised and offered me the next one in. Eight months later, still no call so phoned up only for the manager to admit he’d given the next one in to someone else!
    Bad story turned good and got the call today to collect a nice new Sub ND, with the AD almost forgetting to keep the warranty card.
    If I hadn’t sent that feedback I’d probably still be waiting.

Pictures or it’s all a load of codswallop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Congratulations..... No pic=no watch

Do elaborate on the card story?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

They had a new assistant manager and it was her first Rolex sale. She took my money, got the box, did the receipt and sorted out the bracelet resize. Getting close to the end her colleague came over and said “you need to keep the warranty card”.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    They had a new assistant manager and it was her first Rolex sale. She took my money, got the box, did the receipt and sorted out the bracelet resize. Getting close to the end her colleague came over and said “you need to keep the warranty card”.
    Some people just can't mind their own business!

Its a brilliant watch. Have fun and enjoy it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Did she break your wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Did she break your wrist?
    Lol.

You need to learn the ‘fist clench’ technique for shots.

Lovely. Enjoy it immensely!

Craftsman
    Excellent. Enjoy.

Maybe you could recommend this route to purchase over on TRF.

Journeyman
    Congrats Sevvy, lovely watch ain’t it!

Got mine in August, same model and think it is a great watch.

Enjoy....

Richy

Apprentice
    Where are they keeping the warranty cards?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Master
    Good outcome and great watch

Grand Master
    I’m unlikely to find myself in this situation, but I’d be tempted to ask to see the warranty card......then grab it and say ‘thank you’ as I leave the shop.

Paying Rolex prices is bad enough, but not getting the warranty card is wrong.

As stories go it's entertaining, but in truth 'so what' just another Rolex saga told so the Rolex desperado's can live in hope.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    As stories go it's entertaining, but in truth 'so what' just another Rolex saga told so the Rolex desperado's can live in hope.
    The same boring story over and over again untill you want to scream.

man wants watch,man jumps through hoops,man gets watch,man posts he’s bought a watch.

I am going to buy one put it on eBay for as much cash as I can get,to pay me back for this constant stream of dullness.

I like watches,I don’t like investment baubles.

Craftsman
    Congrats on your new watch. A stunner.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Owl1
    Well done OP ..got to love a ND sub , I plan on getting one myself in the near future ,I won't bother posting about it though as there may be negative comments from the' Dry gulp envious Green Brigade '

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I agree with you to a point. I think it’s ridiculous what you have to do and agree to just to buy a sports Rolex these days. That said I’m no Rolex desperado (if I was still sitting here 18 months later having had no call that wouldn’t bother me) but a Sub ND ticks all my boxes as an ideal watch so why settle for something else and, as I refuse to pay over RRP for a watch, you do what’s necessary.
    Last edited by sevvy; 11th September 2019 at 07:16.

Congrats OP, it is a lovely watch.
    As long as you are happy, ignore the noise and the hand wringing.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Congrats. Lovely watch! Maybe I should complain see if I get similar outcome haha

Master
    Congrats on your new Rolex OP, enjoy it. Ignore the nonsense comments.

I agree with you to a point. I think it’s ridiculous what you have to do and agree to just to buy a sports Rolex these days. That said I’m no Rolex desperado (if I was still sitting here 18 months later having had no call that wouldn’t bother me) but a Sub ND ticks all my boxes as an ideal watch so why settle for something else and, as I refuse to pay over RRP for a watch, you do what’s necessary.
    At the end of the day we earn our money and spend it as we wish, enjoy the experience.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Is this like the Die Hard films? Can’t wait for GTC3.

Nice watch btw, I have the older version and lack of date does balance the look of the watch.
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 11th September 2019 at 08:16.

Craftsman
    Congratulations, irrespective of price or wait it is a very lovely watch to wear and own.

Please do enjoy the watch!

Try and ignore the miserable commentators who, in truth, should exercise some restraint and simply not post on topics such as this to try and bring others down. It's very tiring to read.

I got my SD43 by emailing HQ about the fact that I had been promised and perhaps my prior (though 4 years back) heavy buying history may have been overlooked

Was given the watch and card etc

The n got the call weekend for a tudor that's gone to a good member on here

Its a right game getting anything decent - but if you don't wish to play - don't - its a very dull game

That watch is lovely BTW

Craftsman
    I’m sorry you had a faff to get the watch, but it is a cracker. I hope you enjoy it.

Don’t for a moment be dragged down by the guild of miserable old men who lift their beaks from yesterday's copy of the daily mail only ejaculate their scornful bitterness on the happiness of others in the hope they won’t be alone in their despair at life.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Congratulations, irrespective of price or wait it is a very lovely watch to wear and own.

Please do enjoy the watch!

Try and ignore the miserable commentators who, in truth, should exercise some restraint and simply not post on topics such as this to try and bring others down. It's very tiring to read.
    I admit to being miserable, but I fail to see why every Rolex bought has to be announced in a separate thread are they above the rest of us?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...coming+watches

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I admit to being miserable, but I fail to see why every Rolex bought has to be announced in a separate thread are they above the rest of us?

This is a watch forum, why can't people just share their enjoyment of owning a new watch? Don't think the fact it's a Rolex has anything to do with it, people announce new watches from all sorts of brands.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    This is a watch forum, why can't people just share their enjoyment of owning a new watch? Don't think the fact it's a Rolex has anything to do with it, people announce new watches from all sorts of brands.
    I think his point (which a valid one) is why don’t people use the appropriate and already established new arrival thread. If everyone did a separate Friday thread it could get quite cluttered

I’m not for or against I hasten to add!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    I think his point (which a valid one) is why don’t people use the appropriate and already established new arrival thread. If everyone did a separate Friday thread it could get quite cluttered

I’m not for or against I hasten to add!

It's fully appropriate for anyone to post a separate thread on a new arrival, it's been the same since day 1. There is no rule that states all new arrivals have to be in the new arrivals threads. There are currently 4 other new arrival threads on the 1st page of this forum, go tell them the news.
    Last edited by ~dadam02~; 11th September 2019 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    It's fully appropriate for anyone to post a separate thread on a new arrival, it's been the same since day 1. There is no rule that states all new arrivals have to be in the new arrivals threads. There are currently 4 other new arrival threads on the 1st page of this forum, go tell them the news.
    Wow, I was just re-illustrating his point, which you clearly didn’t seem to grasp and obviously still don’t. I couldn’t care less whether it’s in a separate thread or in the new arrival one. Another point I made clear that you failed to get.

Jeez, what a malarkey. My thread was more centred around the story about how I came to acquire the watch from the dealer who originally fobbed me off with attitude. It could have been any brand but it so happened to be a Rolex.

Craftsman

If you fail to see why people on a watch forum would post about buying new watches, it may be that you’ve critically misunderstood the core function of a forum dedicated to talking about watches.

The guy’s happy he got his watch. There’s a side order of some poor service that came good in the end. It’s not curing cancer is it? Hardly taxing to the marginally capable adult.
    Last edited by PSTW; 12th September 2019 at 07:47.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I’m sorry you had a faff to get the watch, but it is a cracker. I hope you enjoy it.

Don’t for a moment be dragged down by the guild of miserable old men who lift their beaks from yesterday's copy of the daily mail only ejaculate their scornful bitterness on the happiness of others in the hope they won’t be alone in their despair at life.
    May i just say that was brilliant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could have been any brand but it so happened to be a Rolex.
    Errm NO, no other brand puts these clauses in place from what I understand.

Owl1
    Jeez, what a malarkey. My thread was more centred around the story about how I came to acquire the watch from the dealer who originally fobbed me off with attitude. It could have been any brand but it so happened to be a Rolex.
    Is social media sending people slowly insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Sc-texas View Post

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    UK certainly are....it hasn’t caught up with you guys yet but now UK group Watches of Switzerland own Mayors in the USA I’m sure it’ll catch on lol

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc-texas View Post
    In their safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    In their safe.
    Last edited by MDSWATCH; 18th September 2022 at 19:35.

Militant!

Banned

Haha best comment, so true.

Gorgeous watch. Might go for a blnr and play this silly game. But hate the SHOP ASSISTANTS that sell them.

There's a snotty looking Goldsmiths Rolex boutique at the Trafford centre. One of the SHOP ASSISTANTS was staring at me when I was window shopping (was still opening up, door shutters down) as if to say 'I know you're scoping out the place to rob me' hahaha. What a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassette View Post

Gorgeous watch. Might go for a blnr and play this silly game. But hate the SHOP ASSISTANTS that sell them.

There's a snotty looking Goldsmiths Rolex boutique at the Trafford centre. One of the SHOP ASSISTANTS was staring at me when I was window shopping (was still opening up, door shutters down) as if to say 'I know you're scoping out the place to rob me' hahaha. What a moron.
    You didn’t have a hoodie with hood up on or something did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kassette View Post

My wife was once looking in an AD window. The ‘door stander’ subsequently locked the door right in front of her. Haha.

Last time (and only time actually) I was in Harrods watch room I was closely shadowed by 2 or 3 security guards. Thought it was strange as I was on my own and deep inside a department store. But hey ho, guess it’s better to be overly cautious than lax.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    I bought my No Date last October.

When I was passing the AD recently, I asked if I could get my warranty card back a bit earlier.
    But they were having none of it!
    Good on you perhaps if more did they might change their minds.
    I would call everyday until they got fed up and give you what you bought.

Apprentice

meow

Good on you perhaps if more did they might change their minds.
    I would call everyday until they got fed up and give you what you bought.
    I'm not that bothered if I get it earlier or not.
    The watch isn't going anywhere.
    I just happened to be passing the AD and thought I would ask.

I suppose the idea of retaining the warranty cards was to stop the watches ending up on the grey market.
    They've been doing it for a while now, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by MDSWATCH; 14th September 2019 at 08:26.