closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fusee wall clock question

Apprentice

Fusee wall clock question

Hi,

Not a watch, but a wall clock, problem but I need to ask somewhere. I have a fusee mechanism wall clock. Ran beautifully for many years then ground to a halt as needed servicing. Service options in the very West Country are limited. Took it to a local jeweller who sent it away. Significant amount of money later it was ready. The problem I have is simple. If I can get it running then it runs fine for a week. However on winding it up ( gently and it is in beat ) it stops. Multiple attempts to restart it by gently pushing the pendulum ( either just a little bit or more ) generally will not get it to run for more than just a few minutes.

Any suggestions as to how I tackle this problem would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

F

Back to the jewelers you took it to would be my first "port of call".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWy1EpUIqCY. ... scroll forward to 1.48 to see how the pendulum / crutch should be attached / adjusted ... And check that the clock is hanging level and at 90º to the floor ... a spirit level helps.
    Last edited by sundial; 29th June 2021 at 14:06.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Craftsman
    As said before being level makes a huge difference, a few mm out of true and mine stops. Has it run for an extended period since back from repair, if not I would take it back. Cheers, john B4