closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’ve had one for about 18 months and after an initial burst of enthusiasm I never wear it. It doesn’t do anything my phone doesn’t do, and that’s always with me -
    Your phone has a heart rate monitor on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    I want a very thin slim health / fitness tracker that also does HR but doesn't look like a watch
    If you don't get on with the Alta HR, I went for the Garmin Vivosmart HR, which I found to be slimmer and less intrusive. I can easily wear it with a smart shirt under the cuff. Over a year using it now, and it's always on my "other" wrist if I'm wearing a proper watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post

If you don't get on with the Alta HR, I went for the Garmin Vivosmart HR, which I found to be slimmer and less intrusive. I can easily wear it with a smart shirt under the cuff. Over a year using it now, and it's always on my "other" wrist if I'm wearing a proper watch.
    I don’t want or need a heart rate monitor on my wrist 24/7. I’m afraid imho the Apple Watch falls into the ‘really cool stuff I really have absolutely no need for’ zone. I tried it, didn’t like it, moved on. I have to admit there’s an awful lot of imho cool but pretty pointless tech out there - I’m happy for other people to buy it though- but it’s not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I find it hugely useful - I've got a Cellular one - beacuse it means I don't have to take my phone with me everywhere. Phones these days are so big (I've got an iPhone X) and too valuable to take in your pocket when you're going out for a run or to the gym. I tried those arm band things, bum bags etc, but having the watch just means I'm free of all of that.

Typically I'll jog to the gym from home as a warm up, so I get in from work, get changed, and put the watch on and listen to motivational music via EarPods while I'm running there. Once there I'll switch to a podcast, and I can reply to texts or even play a game to while away the time on the bike or treadmill. The whole time it's keeping track of my activity and heart rate - which is important as I have a high active heart rate. If I hit 190bpm I know to slow it down a bit.

Upon leaving the gym I might need to pick something up for dinner, so I call the wife. Pop into M&S or Tesco to grab whatever, and I pay for it on the watch. On the way home I might want to take a new, longer route to get the step count up, so I can use the maps with audio cues to find the path.

Of course, it's possible to do all of that with other gadgets. If they made such a thing as an iPhone Nano I'd probably have that instead, but for now, the watch is the easiest solution.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post

Have to say a week or so with the Alta HR it's not too bad at all

Doesn't look like I'm wearing two watches which is a plus. Might try it on a different strap tho

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk