closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sensibly sized field watch recommendations please

sensibly sized field watch recommendations please

I’m a big fan of the 38mm Hamilton Field Mechanical. I have the brown dial. It’s not very brown though. It’s more like what you’ll have if you mixed brown and grey. It’s a bit of a chameleon as well looking anywhere from black to pretty brown depending on the light and angle. I’ve got a bunch of black watches, so that was an easy call. I wanted and got the ETA movement though.
    I’ll find a couple photos.
    The reflection issue is real, but I’ve worn it extensively over the last month and it’s not a problem seeing the time. Probably for 2 main reasons. 1) I still have very good vision and 2) number one allows me to glance quickly at the time with a flick of the wrist, so I don’t pull it up perpendicular to my body and reflect the bright lights/sun/sky above back up into my eyes. It does make it a little tricky to photograph in the real world though. I attached a photo for you showing a sky reflection. It’s definitely a reflection, but you can still see the time. It’s not blinding you. Lol.
    I like it, and it’s fit for purpose. I actually think I’ll get a white dial as well. Cheap(ish) fun!
    Cheers and good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by Dr.Brian; 14th September 2019 at 00:10.

I think about 2-3 weeks ago I was looking at these two:

I would also recommend the MKii Cruxible
    Fantastic little watch and well worth the effort needed to get one as is the Hawkinge by MKii.
    For your money you could also get an original Hamilton Mil-w-46374.

CWC have one of the 1970's W10 reissues in their special ex display section at the moment. For £425(although normal price is only £450 which is also in stock) I think it's a really good value watch with ETA 2824 movement. Especially when you compare it to the recent Hamilton reissue of their 70's W10 which has a retail of 745Euro from memory. Similar size to the G10.

upload my photos
    Last edited by Tetlee; 14th September 2019 at 20:32.

Cheap 'n' cheerful Seiko mod?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk