TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: sensibly sized field watch recommendations please

Hybrid View

Journeyman
    Once ı had timex expedition paid 39 us
    Than ı realised field watches not for me
    I suggest that buy not expensive first time

sensibly sized field watch recommendations please

I’m a big fan of the 38mm Hamilton Field Mechanical. I have the brown dial. It’s not very brown though. It’s more like what you’ll have if you mixed brown and grey. It’s a bit of a chameleon as well looking anywhere from black to pretty brown depending on the light and angle. I’ve got a bunch of black watches, so that was an easy call. I wanted and got the ETA movement though.
    I’ll find a couple photos.
    The reflection issue is real, but I’ve worn it extensively over the last month and it’s not a problem seeing the time. Probably for 2 main reasons. 1) I still have very good vision and 2) number one allows me to glance quickly at the time with a flick of the wrist, so I don’t pull it up perpendicular to my body and reflect the bright lights/sun/sky above back up into my eyes. It does make it a little tricky to photograph in the real world though. I attached a photo for you showing a sky reflection. It’s definitely a reflection, but you can still see the time. It’s not blinding you. Lol.
    I like it, and it’s fit for purpose. I actually think I’ll get a white dial as well. Cheap(ish) fun!
    Cheers and good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by Dr.Brian; 14th September 2019 at 00:10.

I think about 2-3 weeks ago I was looking at these two: