closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Picked up a Pepsi

Picked up a Pepsi

I picked up my BLRO this morning and I'm really happy with it. I hadn't even seen one in the flesh before today. The bezel colours are amazing, pictures just don't do it justice. The Jubilee is really comfy to wear.

I was fortunate enough to get it from an AD with no prior purchase history with a short wait time. For those that are struggling to get SS models, keep persevering. My advice is to try and build rapport with the AD, tell them why you want the watch (milestone with a timeline is best) and once you get on the list, visit or call every 3-4 weeks to check in and see how is it going.

https://ibb.co/92jZsfF

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    I picked up my BLRO this morning and I'm really happy with it. I hadn't even seen one in the flesh before today. The bezel colours are amazing, pictures just don't do it justice. The Jubilee is really comfy to wear.

I was fortunate enough to get it from an AD with no prior purchase history with a short wait time. For those that are struggling to get SS models, keep persevering. My advice is to try and build rapport with the AD, tell them why you want the watch (milestone with a timeline is best) and once you get on the list, visit or call every 3-4 weeks to check in and see how is it going.

Congrats! That’s how Rolexes should be sold - to those who appreciates the watches rather than those who spends the most.

I’m sure it’s not just me interested to find out - how long did the wait take?

Craftsman
    That is a bit of a score..nice one

I just dont get why you would join a waiting list for a watch costing thousands before you even see one. Might just be me.

Besides that if your happy with it ...who cares

Craftsman
    I really like that. How long did you wait for? In the last 18 months I feel it’s got much harder to pick up any Rolex sports watch, with the waiting list turning into a list of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by UMBROSUS View Post
    That is a bit of a score..nice one

I just dont get why you would join a waiting list for a watch costing thousands before you even see one. Might just be me.

Besides that if your happy with it ...who cares
    I had seen the PM version and loved it so was really happy when the the SS version was released!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Congrats! That’s how Rolexes should be sold - to those who appreciates the watches rather than those who spends the most.

I’m sure it’s not just me interested to find out - how long did the wait take?
    It took under 3 months. I guess ADs don't even pretend there is a waitlist anymore (that would imply watches are allocated on a first come first serve basis) and instead all have 'expressions of interest'. I understand that ADs will allocate based on spend history / potential future spend, but it is nice to think that some of the watches are allocated to new, genuine customers.

Master
    Well done. Sounds very similar to my experience.
    Nice watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It took under 3 months. I guess ADs don't even pretend there is a waitlist anymore (that would imply watches are allocated on a first come first serve basis) and instead all have 'expressions of interest'. I understand that ADs will allocate based on spend history / potential future spend, but it is nice to think that some of the watches are allocated to new, genuine customers.
    Wow that’s a quick turn round.
    Whereabouts in the country are you?
    I have been two years on a list for a Hulk from AD where I purchased my ND from.

Craftsman
    Happy for you, nice pic too. Looks good and a nice story of it being bought the traditional way.

I’m sure it’ll give you years of service and I hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    Happy for you, nice pic too. Looks good and a nice story of it being bought the traditional way.

I’m sure it’ll give you years of service and I hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks, I can't stop looking at it! I'm hoping other forum members will be able to obtain watches like myself and alanm_3 have recently.

Apprentice

I’d like one for my 50th, it’s still 6 years away so I might be lucky. I’m supposed to be on the list at Preston’s in Guildford where I have some buying history.

Blog Entries

I’m pleased for you it’s a great watch. Have been waiting since they came out and have spent close on 25k at the AD and still waiting!
    (Bought to keep not flip btw)

Picked up a Pepsi

Fantastic! Good to hear such a tale of success. Pretty much how it works at my AD from my own experience. They much prefer to sell to genuine watch enthusiasts and the whole experience is all the better for it.

Edited to add: Great watch BTW! Any on the wrist pics yet?

Edited yet again to add: Doh! Just looked more closely . Very nice indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NCC66; 8th September 2019 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I’m pleased for you it’s a great watch. Have been waiting since they came out and have spent close on 25k at the AD and still waiting!
    (Bought to keep not flip btw)
    I hope you call or visit them often! I seems that because the ADs don’t know what’s coming in, when an allocation arrives they check the list of names and decide who to call so you need them to think of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Fantastic! Good to hear such a tale of success. Pretty much how it works at my AD from my own experience. They much prefer to sell to genuine watch enthusiasts and the whole experience is all the better for it.

Edited to add: Great watch BTW! Any on the wrist pics yet?

Edited yet again to add: Doh! Just looked more closely . Very nice indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Will try and get some more shots next week. One thing I didn’t realise was the difference in the way the Bezel rotates compared to the submariner. It’s a small point but you learn something new every day :)

Blog Entries
    I hope you call or visit them often! I seems that because the ADs don’t know what’s coming in, when an allocation arrives they check the list of names and decide who to call so you need them to think of you.
    Yup do that.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    wow, great result!

Craftsman
    I think personally you got very lucky, but sometimes that’s what happens.
    My AD now has this as a head office piece. Ive had my name down from day 1, after a serious discussion regarding obtaining the watch in April my name has gone forward this month for a Pepsi, so I should know in 2 weeks weather it’s available in this months allocation.

Had it been a blnr I would have had it by now as they are pretty much been 1 a month so far.

Lucky you, I got the text last Thursday and pretty much went straight in to pick it up.

I have spent a lot at that AD and they had promised me one back in April so it was expected, you got very lucky. Enjoy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Coronet king;5195413]I think personally you got very lucky, but sometimes that’s what happens.
    My AD now has this as a head office piece. Ive had my name down from day 1, after a serious discussion regarding obtaining the watch in April my name has gone forward this month for a Pepsi, so I should know in 2 weeks weather it’s available in this months allocation.
    QUOTE]

I put may name down in my local dealer an hour after they were announced, still nothing. I know its only a watch but the current wait times are stupid.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Middo;5195475]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    I think personally you got very lucky, but sometimes that’s what happens.
    QUOTE]

I put may name down in my local dealer an hour after they were announced, still nothing. I know its only a watch but the current wait times are stupid.
    I did exactly that 6th on the list from day 1. They have had 6-7 Pepsi in at Christmas so I waited until April then I was told it’s now a head office decision and we need to put your name forward.

Get yourself down to your AD and ask questions if I was you.

[QUOTE=Coronet king;5195487]
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

I did exactly that 6th on the list from day 1. They have had 6-7 Pepsi in at Christmas so I waited until April then I was told it’s now a head office decision and we need to put your name forward.

Get yourself down to your AD and ask questions if I was you.
    I find most ADs are vague about how many watches they’ve had in. Did they tell you that you were number 6 on the list, then later tell you more than 6 have come in but none for you? That’s is really frustrating but must happen all the time.

Master

Obviously brilliant for you but I find it difficult to believe that the AD didn't have an existing customer who wanted one. If I had spent money with an AD before and found he'd prioritised someone with no previous "relationship", I wouldn't be dealing with them again!

I'm in that big grey zone. I do have a "relationship" with an AD but I've probably not spent anything like as much as other people. My last call was in 2014(!) for an SD4000. I didn't realise at the time but that was because no-one else wanted it!!

That sounds like the sort of “relationship” where you are doing the receiving!

Apprentice
    Seems like you did get very lucky, but i guess the relationship can't be underestimated as surely there wouldv'e been a number of prior customers after one also?

toughest thing i find is not having any idea how close you are to one