closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Singapore hotel recommendations

Banned
    Blog Entries

Singapore hotel recommendations

We have two weeks there in March next year. Wife is looking at the Fullerton Bay Hotel, which receives excellent reviews. Has anyone stayed there? Other recommendations gratefully received. Thanks.

Master

Singapore hotel recommendations

I've visited it but not stayed there (yet - I will be in November), but several colleagues have and they were all happy with it. It's well located and pretty ornate.

EDIT: Sorry, ignore me. I was thinking of the Fullerton, not the Fullerton Bay.
    Last edited by Bondurant; 8th September 2019 at 11:06.

Master
    Pretty close to some nice watch shops as well, as I recall.

Master
    Do not stay at the Grand Park City Hall. It's just been refurbished & the room controls (lights etc) are app based & are dreadful to operate.

Craftsman
    Everything is close to a watch shop (Orchard Road) in Singapore. I've stayed in the Hilton, Swissotel Stamford (request a high floor for the views), the Conrad, the Fairmont and the Marina Bay Sands and some others not worth recommending.

I'd discount the Hilton (wrong end of town) but the others all worth a look.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by broxie View Post
    I'd discount the Hilton (wrong end of town) but the others all worth a look.
    How can you say that? It's very close to some of the attractions...

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton Millenia last time we visited - lovely hotel and staff.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    How can you say that?
    Having lived there for 5 years and visited regularly since? I appreciate it's a personal opinion.

Craftsman
    Fullerton and Fullerton Bay are both really good. Conrad Centennial is not too far away and also nice.

I'd avoid MBS personally, terrible hotel in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got back a few weeks ago - stayed at the Hyatt Andaz, which was decent also stayed at the Swisshotel Stamford which has been recently refurbished also very nice. Both central locations with good amenities.

I stayed at the vagabond which is a ‘boutique’ arty hotel but part of the Marriott group. Had a good stay there but may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
    You have to go and have a cocktail or meal at the Atlas Bar, would be my first port of call if I ever go back

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Mandarin Oriental was a really nice place when I was there a couple of years back for the Singapore F1.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I usually stay with family when I visit but have stayed at various hotels for short periods over the years too.
    The Shanghai-La was good, had a nice pool are too and close to Orchard Road with transport links all over.
    Raffles is my favourite and looking good after the re-vamp. The service there is excellent.
    Marina Bay Sands hotel is crap but staying there is the only way you can get access to the infinity pool at the top.

Another thumbs up for the Mandarin Oriental. It's where I stay when in Singapore and does understated luxury very well.

Spent 5 nights at the St Regis last year. Great location at the top end of Orchid rd so a bit quieter. Close to the botanical gardens. Couldn't fault it to be honest.

Journeyman
    Have stayed in the Ritz Carlton and Mandarin Oriental, enjoyed both.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Stayed at both the Park Royal and Mandarin Oriental this year. Both are nice but I felt Mandarin Oriental was a little bit dated. Nice view of Marina Bay Sands though.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Slum it and go the the links hotel, but be aware they don't allow durian fruit in the rooms.

Craftsman
    Was going to write a new thread but found this one, so to continue if I may, can I ask the following. We will stop over for a few days in April on the way home from Indonesia. What we are looking for is a well located hotel to attractions that has decent comfortable rooms and serves breakfasts included in the rates. We don't need spas, fancy restaurants, gyms, super luxury facilities (and prices!) etc. as we wouldn't wouldn't use them. We really only intend to use a hotel for sleeping, showering and breakfast and then be out during the day. Thanks.

The Mandarin Oriental is lovely, as noted above.

I’m not sure if you have children, but when I took the family last year we stayed at Treetops Exec Residences, here;

http://www.treetops.com.sg

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...Singapore.html

I liked the fact it was all suite, but still very much with a hotel vibe. Nice pool, good breakfast and having a separate living area for the kids to play/watch tv was a god send.

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Was going to write a new thread but found this one, so to continue if I may, can I ask the following. We will stop over for a few days in April on the way home from Indonesia. What we are looking for is a well located hotel to attractions that has decent comfortable rooms and serves breakfasts included in the rates. We don't need spas, fancy restaurants, gyms, super luxury facilities (and prices!) etc. as we wouldn't wouldn't use them. We really only intend to use a hotel for sleeping, showering and breakfast and then be out during the day. Thanks.
    We spent two weeks in the Holiday Inn Atriam, good basic hotel 10 minute walk from metro that will get you everywhere you want, and a great greakfast buffet!

Journeyman
    We watched so many reviews and Plummed for the mandarin oriental, first time to Singapore 23/02/20

YouTube has videos of almost everything seemingly

Journeyman
    Went last year, Mandarin Oriental was great, Ritz Carlton is also a good shout.

Master
    I have stayed at Hotel Grand Pacific three times now. On Victoria road, and very central for walking every where. Last time also did one night in MBS just to be able to say we had stayed there, and to be able to use the rooftop pool!

Craftsman
    Many thanks for all recommendations, plenty to go on there. One thing that surprises me is that some hotels (inc. 5* high price) still charge for internet access; I thought the days of charging guests were long gone!

Master
    Mandarin oriental is my personal preference it’s just lovely, I stayed a fair bit at one point at the orchard hotel with work and that was ok, and a Hilton very close by but both a fair distance from a lot of things, hence I think the mandarin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Many thanks for all recommendations, plenty to go on there. One thing that surprises me is that some hotels (inc. 5* high price) still charge for internet access; I thought the days of charging guests were long gone!
    If you are considering the Mandarin Oriental it is well worth joining the “Friends of MO” on their website. It is free to join, gives you complimentary wi-fi and offers privileges such as daily breakfast, early or late check in/out, room upgrades and spa or dining credit when booking online. (Two can be selected from their list)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    If you are considering the Mandarin Oriental it is well worth joining the “Friends of MO” on their website. It is free to join, gives you complimentary wi-fi and offers privileges such as daily breakfast, early or late check in/out, room upgrades and spa or dining credit when booking online. (Two can be selected from their list)
    Thanks for this will check with the Mrs if we’ve got this sorted!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    Thanks, I just signed up. The offers are available if you book on qualifying rates. Will look into further; but I usually book via my bank on Expedia as they give 4% cash back so may not work

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app