closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: HDR Software?

HDR Software?

Trying combining landscape shots into HDR images but not having much joy with Lightroom so looking at other software.
    Leading contenders seem to be Photomatix and Aurora HDR. Anyone any experience with either (or preferably both)?

I used Photomatix Pro for some time (I kind of outgrew the whole HDR thing after a while), and found it easy to use with a very intuitive user interface. I'd certainly recommend it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I used Photomatix Pro for some time (I kind of outgrew the whole HDR thing after a while), and found it easy to use with a very intuitive user interface. I'd certainly recommend it.
    I used this too but it usually produced some extreme results that most people said were over-processed, so I don’t use it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I used this too but it usually produced some extreme results that most people said were over-processed, so I don’t use it any more.
    All manually adjustable - the auto settings can often be a little too unrefined.

Master
    Indeed but people were still commenting on the fact the results were “unrealistic”.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks, think I'll go with Photomatix - slightly cheaper and I've tried the free trial which seems to accomplish what I want. (Though, IMO, the interface is not as intuitive as it could be as there seems to be several ways to choose the same effect - maybe that's a deliberate design choice!). On the flip-side, the latest version of Auora probably gets better reviews and has more features (though possibly at the expense of complexity).

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Agree some effects can look garish but don't think they have to.