closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International Locations You Trust to Wear a Desirable Watch

London, Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Aldershot - All places I'd be careful about 'flashing' a 'desirable' watch, but I don't have any, so it's not really an issue!

M

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    by gangs from eastern Europe,
    Mostly locals (bicultural as the PC word is nowadays)

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I still feel that if you can’t wear a watch for fear of crime, no point in having it. These watches are just luxury toys.....life wouldn’t be significantly changed if you didn’t have them.

Anyone who’s suffered a major illness will confirm the truth of this.
    Just look at the focus on 'residuals' in many of the threads here, where people purport to be watch enthusiasts and you'll see that many are actually wearing a chunk of their investment portfolios on their wrists.

Looked at that way, I guess it's more of an issue - A bit like carrying £10K in your wallet

M

PS It's pretty unusual for me to have much more than £10 in my wallet!

I still feel that if you can’t wear a watch for fear of crime, no point in having it. These watches are just luxury toys.....life wouldn’t be significantly changed if you didn’t have them.

I dont agree, you can have expensive toys but just because you dont want to attract the wrong attention does not mean you have to sell them, so would you happily wear your most expensive watch anywhere in the world? if you felt unsafe doing that you would sell it? Is it not easier to not wear the watch and enjoy it once home.

I agree about the illness part though, they are just watches and health is much more important.

So you'd be quite relaxed wearing your DayDate with a T-shirt in central London?

Master
    Thanks to a forum member's recommendation, I've added my GMTc on my home insurance for an additional £25 a year for worldwide coverage and accidental damage too. Gives me peace of mind, but I'd still be weary of wearing the watch in dodgy places.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Iceland was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Iceland was fine.
    You covered the watch with a prawn ring, right?

Blog Entries
    Was in the International hub known as Symondsbury last week. Wore some nice watches in the pub and never felt threatened at all.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    So you'd be quite relaxed wearing your DayDate with a T-shirt in central London?
    Absolutely no issue and plenty of luxury watches on view in central London. Day date in Peckham Rye at 2am is a different matter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Thanks to a forum member's recommendation, I've added my GMTc on my home insurance for an additional £25 a year for worldwide coverage and accidental damage too. Gives me peace of mind, but I'd still be weary of wearing the watch in dodgy places.
    That’s a result! Sounds very cheap!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Don’t wear T-shirts, but I’ve worn expensive watches in London much of my adult life. Never any problems. But I don’t walk down Coldharbour Lane alone at night. Common sense really.

Always found the Isle of Skye a safe place to wear a decent watch.

Craftsman
    I think its probably been mentioned previously. I just returned from dubai last week and the amount of folks with RM was unbelievable. I have never seen one in London but saw more in 1 day in dubai.

My wife's relative had his watch taken(in a cunning way) from his wrist in Barcelona in July. Him and his brother gave chase and out of nowhere 10 guys appeared. At that point it was safer to run in the opposite direction!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk