closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to -Ally-?

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    They are indeed, aren’t they.

I have no idea what race you belong to, my mocking of you is entirely based on your laughable defending of everything Russian.

You are one of the most aggressive and vile racists on the forum, but continue to play the victim, it fits you well (almost trumpesque).
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Sorry but you are also an offender. You have made several references to expats all being boozed up. I know you used it as a dig at me, but it a disgusting form of stereotype and it's high time it was cut out.
    Show me one single quote of me where I suggested that (British) expats are constantly boozed up. Has never happened, you just made that up.

I have said that you should stop making a fool of yourself with your drunken posts, which is based on a combination of analysis of said posts' contents and your own admission (in an abstinence thread!) of being a daily drinker.

Back to the pit please where you belong. Only surface on the public sub forums if you’ve got something nice to say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Show me one single quote of me where I suggested that (British) expats are constantly boozed up. Has never happened, you just made that up.

I have said that you should stop making a fool of yourself with your drunken posts, which is based on a combination of analysis of said posts' contents and your own admission (in an abstinence thread!) of being a daily drinker.
    My name is not Raffe, I don't spend hours going through other peoples post, so sorry sunshine, I am not going to go through all of your stuff. However anyone who reads the BP knows that you do it.

Simple way out is not to ever use the term expat in a derogatory way again.

Talking of stereotypes, whenever I've visited Luxembourg on business I’ve always thought that while it is a beautiful place (especially the old town), it feels a bit sanitised for my liking, not least because every member of the multinational business community I met was unfailingly polite, almost in a Stepford Wives kind of way.

So it’s refreshing to see that there are exceptions.

My name is not Raffe, I don't spend hours going through other peoples post, so sorry sunshine, I am not going to go through all of your stuff. However anyone who reads the BP knows that you do it.

You are a funny man. You decided that I derided expats and that's enough?

Hint: I am an expat myself. You will not find a single instance of me saying anything derogatory about expats at large or British expats.

But by all means, keep living in your own reality. It's probably for the best. And now back to holidays with my daughter.

I prefer the term ‘immigrant’ , obviously not in a derogatory sense.
    I think it’s more befitting of somebody who decides to reside in a country not of their nationality or birth.

Stereo typing is a form of racism.
    No, racial stereotypes are a form of racism. The term expat is not reserved exclusively for English people so calling someone boozed up expats cannot be racist. It relates to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No, racial stereotypes are a form of racism. The term expat is not reserved exclusively for English people so calling someone boozed up expats cannot be racist. It relates to everyone.
    And if someone has never called expats boozed up, that must be racist? Asking for a friend.

Master
    That is 100% correct but over in the BP the term British expat is often used to promote the image of some boozed up British retiree.

That is 100% correct but over in the BP the term British expat is often used to promote the image of some boozed up British retiree.
    In fairness, most of the expats I've met are boozed-up. They live in Spain etc. because the booze there is cheap. Not a criticism, it's their life not mine, and people make their own choices.

In that case the TV show Benidorm is totally racist as the stereotypes of Brits abroad is awful.

Similarly they shouldn't report on European football matches involving British teams as the drunken violence and massive racism of the English fans is very racist towards the Brits.

I'd complain to Ofcom.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    In fairness, most of the expats I've met are boozed-up. They live in Spain etc. because the booze there is cheap. Not a criticism, it's their life not mine, and people make their own choices.
    I rarely see a boozed up ex pat in Spain. What you do see is a lot of them in the bar talking and chatting but they are hardly ever drunk. They are popular with the locals because they spend money and create jobs and never pinch jobs off the locals. Also always well behaved.

They promote a good image of the UK in contrast to drunken touristas who come over for ten days getting paralytic and embarrassing everyone.

The only thing they don't like about us is that we sometimes bedblock their hospitals and they do resent the fact our Spanish is basic.

The biggest dent to our reputation is Brexit. They were surprised when we voted to leave but accepted the decision. However back in the UK it has been one constant squabble between the remoaners and the brexiteers and now they just want shot of us as they don't want us in the EU if only 52% want in as it denotes a lack of committment.

However the expats are still popular. I am typical in that I employ a local gardener and a pool cleaner. I also own two houses which have to be maintained by tradesmen and I bought new furniture for both houses. I am putting more money into the Spanish bank as the Pound is now a glorified piece of toilet paper and I have more money in Spain than the UK.

I am on first name terms with the local mayor and chief of police and we often invite each other to each others homes for a meal. I would say that expats are very popular indeed.

So to claim that British expats are boozed up yobs is indeed racist stereotyping.

What happened to -Ally-?

I’ll probably stop deriding expats when they use for themselves the name they use for every other national living in the UK, ‘immigrants’.
    It will remind them that immigrants are not a threat but a chance for the country. Either because they come loaded and old, or empty handed but with a will to make a life for themselves.
    And scumbags are scumbags, their nationality has nothing to do with it. But then, maybe to some that’s racist towards scumbags.

“Expats” used for Brits retiring in the EU has colonial connotations, and illustrates rather well the arrogance that Petrus (often) mentions.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 8th September 2019 at 17:48.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Hasn't it just! It feels the same as when Burnsey left.
    Yes. I'd forgotten him.... he was very troubled... the forum was too much for him....

Hope he's ok, but he was a bloody idiot.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 8th September 2019 at 18:11.

Also always well behaved.
    Always?

So to claim that British expats are boozed up yobs is indeed racist stereotyping.
    Did someone say they always are?
    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Nomination for post of the week. Well said, Sir.
    At schools we use restorative justice to tackle bullying etc. The idea is, it’s better not to condemn them, instead you explain why there actions are hurtful and try to teach them some empathy. Otherwise, if you only use punishments,it simply makes them angrier. They still think the same but they also believe they’ve been victimised.

I don’t understand why society doesn’t take this approach. There’s so much anger and outrage. If someone says something wrong don’t condemn, explain, they might not know any better.

Don’t get me wrong, Ally knew exactly what he was doing. At best he was a troll who used racism for a reaction. At worst he was a troll who was a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I’ll probably stop deriding expats when they use for themselves the name they use for every other national living in the UK, ‘immigrants’.
    It will remind them that immigrants are not a threat but a chance for the country. Either because they come loaded and old, or empty handed but with a will to make a life for themselves.
    And scumbags are scumbags, their nationality has nothing to do with it. But then, maybe to some that’s racist towards scumbags.

“Expats” used for Brits retiring in the EU has colonial connotations, and illustrates rather well the arrogance that Petrus (often) mentions.
    To be fair, most expats/immigrants have a broadened outlook a million miles from the “they’ve come over here to rape our daughters/steal our jobs” meatheads who pontificate from the home town they’ve never left.

To be fair, most expats/immigrants have a broadened outlook a million miles from the “they’ve come over here to rape our daughters/steal our jobs” meatheads who pontificate from the home town they’ve never left.
    Now here's a point I can agree with.

True for (most of) those who’ve gone abroad to work. My experience of UK retirees in France is more limited but among those I know it’s 50/50
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Sorry but you are also an offender. You have made several references to expats all being boozed up. I know you used it as a dig at me, but it a disgusting form of stereotype and it's high time it was cut out.
    Please show me any instance where I've referenced all expats as being boozed up? I may have made a reference to you being in the ex-pats bar again after one of your verbose late-night outbursts.

Anyway, peace out. I love ex-pats, especially ex-postman pats …

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Yes. I'd forgotten him.... he was very troubled... the forum was too much for him....

Hope he's ok, but he was a bloody idiot.
    Steve is doing good.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

If you continually criticise someone, you just harden attitudes, nothing changes and the problem remains.

Just forget he existed and if he has come back as someone else and is behaving himself then it's a win-win.

Also some of Ally's biggest critics are mild racists in their own right. I have been called a drunken ex pat dozens of time. It is a form of racism to lable thousands of retired Brits in the sun as permantly boozed up. They are, in reality, people who worked hard to get where they are and are nearly always very well behaved. It is no different from calling all the Irish thick, the French smelly or the Scots mean with with their money.

Hypocracy reigns supreme on this issue and conducting an online pillorying of Alley is a symptom of it.
    Nomination for post of the week. Well said, Sir.
    The spelling takes away from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I don't think anyone has said he wasn't.
    I doubt anyone would say that.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    Why? Who said he wasn't?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

If you continually criticise someone, you just harden attitudes, nothing changes and the problem remains.

Just forget he existed and if he has come back as someone else and is behaving himself then it's a win-win.

Also some of Ally's biggest critics are mild racists in their own right. I have been called a drunken ex pat dozens of time. It is a form of racism to lable thousands of retired Brits in the sun as permantly boozed up. They are, in reality, people who worked hard to get where they are and are nearly always very well behaved. It is no different from calling all the Irish thick, the French smelly or the Scots mean with with their money.

Hypocracy reigns supreme on this issue and conducting an online pillorying of Alley is a symptom of it.
    Interesting as I have always thought of the term expat to be someone who lives and works abroad something I did for several years, never really thought of it as an exclusive term for someone who has retired and moved abroad.

Why? Who said he wasn't?
    Already forgot about the Londonistan thread?

Blog Entries
    Already forgot about the Londonistan thread?
    I was referring to this thread. I suppose you'll cherrypick something though. In your usual way.

I was referring to this thread. I suppose you'll cherrypick something though. In your usual way.
    I think that thread was pretty telling, not much need for cherry picking.

Blog Entries
    I think that thread was pretty telling, not much need for cherry picking.
    So I never said it then!

I don't think anyone has said he wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    Why? Who said he wasn't?
    You seem to be going around in circles.

I said that I doubt anyone would say he wasn't racist.

R

So I never said it then!
    Do you even know what you're talking about now?

Blog Entries
    You seem to be going around in circles.

I said that I doubt anyone would say he wasn't racist.

R
    I misunderstood your post then. I thought you were saying you doubted anyone would say 'I don't think anyone has said that'

I had a PM from him a few months ago, he sold all his watches and put the money into a yoga retreat on the Isle of Arran and now works part time for a charity offering legal advice and sending food parcels to refugees in detention centres.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I had a PM from him a few months ago, he sold all his watches and put the money into a yoga retreat on the Isle of Arran and now works part time for a charity offering legal advice and sending food parcels to refugees in detention centres.
    I'm assuming that's tongue-in-cheek?

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I'm assuming that's tongue-in-cheek?
    True story.

You can read it all here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...10-Londonistan

Owl1
    Is Ally your ex boy friend Raffe and did you have a bitter fall out ? I only ask because you openly try to expose him and you know the size of his penis .

Blog Entries
    Oh dear. 😂

I expose him because he is a fraud and tries to circumvent a forum ban using a fake identity.

What's your interest, are you dual identity yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Is Ally your ex boy friend Raffe and did you have a bitter fall out ? I only ask because you openly try to expose him and you know the size of his penis .
    If he left via self exile due to embarrassment from very unformlike behaviour on the GMT he sold, then let him back in under his witsec name and all is well.

If he left via a ban I'm sure Eddie will have decided if it is a timed ban or lifetime ban and if the time is not up or it is a lifetime ban then he can keep on being exposed.

However, imagine buying something from Benji without seeing the h+v for Ally...

Owl1
    I expose him because he is a fraud and tries to circumvent a forum ban using a fake identity.

What's your interest, are you dual identity yourself?
    I was accused by yourself of being Ally too not so long ago . I do not know Ally or ever read any of his posts but you seem to have an agenda, which is strange ( hence why I asked if you were lovers ). No offence intended . I will move on and comment on this matter no further .
    Last edited by Owl1; 11th September 2019 at 09:16.

Owl1
    If he left via self exile due to embarrassment from very unformlike behaviour on the GMT he sold, then let him back in under his witsec name and all is well.

If he left via a ban I'm sure Eddie will have decided if it is a timed ban or lifetime ban and if the time is not up or it is a lifetime ban then he can keep on being exposed.

However, imagine buying something from Benji without seeing the h+v for Ally...
    I didn't know.. like I said I will leave it alone

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I called my first wife one once...Turns out she was one浪浪

Did she weigh the same as a duck ??

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    The artist formally known as Ally isn’t here anymore. So don’t get worked up.

Call me ‘sentimental’ but I miss VolvomanUK. He was genuinely great company at the McrGTGs...
    Looks like you were wrong about him not being here anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Looks like you were wrong about him not being here anymore...
    No I wasn’t. Re-read what I wrote.

The artist formally known as Ally isn’t here anymore.
    How do you know that?

R

How do you know that?

R
    I think you are Ally.

Yes, yes you were wrong. You posted "the artist formally (you probably meant formerly) known as Ally isn't here anymore.", when he patently is here posting under another identity.
    Or more than one...

Yep, you got me on the typo!

‘Artist’ as in act. Think Ziggy Stardust.