closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Craftsman

Tudor Pelagos

My Pelagos and a fine whisky go together well.

Tudor Pelagos by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Master
    Great photo again.

I don't think I have seen a better colour blue on a watch than the Pelagos, and the crystal disappears making it even more striking, nice photo.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    I don't think I have seen a better colour blue on a watch than the Pelagos, and the crystal disappears making it even more striking, nice photo.
    Yip, its not a hard watch to photograph as you say the crystal just seems to disappear. I don't mind a little glare on a crystal as it can work in your favour but the Pelagos just seems to work with a little light on it. Thanks for the comments folks.

Great picture and the blue contrasts really well with that backdrop.

My only question - how much whisky did you spill?

Nice picture👍

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    My Pelagos and a fine whisky go together well.

Tudor Pelagos by Mark Molloy, on Flickr
    I hugely like the Pelagos. Great looking and well made watch with some stonking good features.

If a version were sold that lacked the words ‘Rotor Self Winding’ on the dial, I would buy one the day I found out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

Only a small amount as the whisky is more expensive than the watch.lol

Only a small amount as the whisky is more expensive than the watch.lol
    Blimey, it is as well...

I'm glad I've recently taken a liking to Gentleman Jack.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

Don't worry it was a mock up as it was inexpensive whisky in the bottle and not the £3.5k stuff that came in the bottle.lol

Craftsman
    Stunning photo.
    This is the second stunning photo I have seen of the blue Pelagos (the other photo was yours also) and certainly seems a photogenic watch.
    Personally my favourite and the last one to go for me out off them all.
    But in the past I've seen alot of comments regarding the blue not being that striking, I think it's stunning but every one to their own.
    Last edited by Gee252; 7th September 2019 at 19:01.

Craftsman
    Yip I like the blue on the watch much better than the black dial but each to their own. It’s also so comfy on the wrist, the bracelet just so easy to get a good fit. It’s a watch I could wear a lot but I decided to have it on rotation so only worn it for 1 day so far.

Journeyman
    Great pictures and great watch. I've got the same blue Pelagos, definitely prefer the blue to the standard black and depending on the light the blue can either be a very bright striking blue or a darker more subdued shade. I think it's a lot of watch for the money, the problem I have is that I've got an itch to flip it and get a Pelagos LHD which I think might be slightly more versatile.

Craftsman

Cheers

Thanks for all the comments folks, much appreciated.

Craftsman
    Keep looking at these... love the blue.. striking!

Craftsman
    Lovely photo, lovely whisky, lovely watch but if I had to choose it'd be the black face

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    If a version were sold that lacked the words ‘Rotor Self Winding’ on the dial, I would buy one the day I found out.
    Yes, it would look even better without a small essay written on the dial. Why do some manufacturers insist on writing so much on watch dials?

Craftsman
    I thought the writing would have bothered me but it just seems to be less of an issue when you wear it.

Master
    Wish I went blue and not black; had a blue watch & bezel at the time so went for the black one....then sold the blue Helson a while after.

Really pops in those pics!

Craftsman
    Top picture and top watch.

Thanks for sharing.

It makes me wonder why i sold mine.

Master
    I'm saving for one of these. If anybody spots a deal/offer please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Same!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Seldom any good deals to be had on a Pelegos, I was struggling to get 5% until this was pictured in an AD window and the pic put on here with around £1k off the price and was brand new so I couldn’t resist.

If you are happy to use a grey dealer then these are pretty easy to get in the £2700-2800 mark.

Official Watches and Your Luxury Time pop to mind...

Craftsman
    Seldom any good deals to be had on a Pelegos, I was struggling to get 5% until this was pictured in an AD window and the pic put on here with around £1k off the price and was brand new so I couldn’t resist.
    Are you saying there was a new one sold/available to sell for £2.2k?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    If you are happy to use a grey dealer then these are pretty easy to get in the £2700-2800 mark.

Official Watches and Your Luxury Time pop to mind...
    Are these prices for used ones or unworn/minty ones?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post

Are these prices for used ones or unworn/minty ones?
    Brand new and un-worn. The only downside is tbe warranty card will be dated a week or so earlier than you get the watch (from when the AD sent it to the grey dealer).

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=cheesycake7;5196799]Are you saying there was a new one sold/available to sell for £2.2k?

Yip, that’s what I got mine for brand new and from a UK authorised dealer. I had been thinking about one for a while but other watches got in the way. A user on here posted an image of it for sale and I bought as soon as the shop opened up again in the morning. I think it was £2250

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=markyboy.1967;5196845]

Yip, that’s what I got mine for brand new and from a UK authorised dealer. I had been thinking about one for a while but other watches got in the way. A user on here posted an image of it for sale and I bought as soon as the shop opened up again in the morning. I think it was £2250
    Oh nice. I’m guessing it’s not the WoS group? As have not heard them giving such discounts.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=cheesycake7;5196858]

Oh nice. I’m guessing it’s not the WoS group? As have not heard them giving such discounts.
    No it was a Rox Diamonds and Thrills store who put it in the window with a large discount.

Master
    Yes marky you got a great deal. I saw the heads up post myself and would have been interested/racing you if I'd had a Rox in London!

I thought I could get 10.5% off using top cash back and Beaver brooks, but then realised the watch is on the website but listed as 'in store only'.

£2700 ish from a grey dealer seems a decent deal. Lose a week or two of warranty to save a few hundred. Thanks for the tip.

Master
    I just looked and official watches look to be pre owned but they list a blue pelagos 2019 at £2695. Your luxury watch sell new, no watches in stock, enquire for a price. Looks like they source as needed.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I just looked and official watches look to be pre owned but they list a blue pelagos 2019 at £2695. Your luxury watch sell new, no watches in stock, enquire for a price. Looks like they source as needed.
    The Pelagos is unworn 2019 - we cant call it new because we're the first purchaser, not the customer, so use "unworn" as a descriptor.
    Its in our stock so the lead time is a couple of days to bring it into store from holding.

OW holds both physical stock (referenced as OW) and Available To Order (ATO) stock. The ATO stuff has a lead time of 2-8 weeks depending on what piece it is.
    ATO stuff is all "unworn" but we can also get used stuff in if its available and what people want.

Not pushing a sale, just explaining how the stock and order stuff works.

Master
    Ahh thank you verv, that sounds very honest of you

Craftsman
    Surprised at how much cheaper greys can get the Pelagos - presume apart from the BB58/GMT, similar discounts can be obtained for other watches in the Tudor range?

ADs need to start giving discounts :(

Surprised at how much cheaper greys can get the Pelagos - presume apart from the BB58/GMT, similar discounts can be obtained for other watches in the Tudor range?

ADs need to start giving discounts :(
    I think the AD network tend to look at the wait list on a couple of models and the Rolex link and come to a max 5% discount.

The fact of the matter is they don't command the investment attention and resale residuals to get away with the RRP only pricing of a Rolex.

I often have ADs tell me 'it's impossible for anyone to give that discount...' until my watch arrives via a grey, for said discount. Obviously the grey is buying from an AD, and even with the discount both the AD and grey dealer are making money still.

Craftsman
    I think the AD network tend to look at the wait list on a couple of models and the Rolex link and come to a max 5% discount.

The fact of the matter is they don't command the investment attention and resale residuals to get away with the RRP only pricing of a Rolex.

I often have ADs tell me 'it's impossible for anyone to give that discount...' until my watch arrives via a grey, for said discount. Obviously the grey is buying from an AD, and even with the discount both the AD and grey dealer are making money still.
    Yeah why is why I think esp for returning customers who wants to build up a purchase history, ADs need to factor in what greys can offer and do their best to keep these customers, rather than try an adopt a similar ‘no-discount’ policy to Rolex.

I’ve got turned down asking for discounts on Tudor too.

Are there any warranty issues when buying from a grey website? If there is an issue with the watch, what is the process? Can it be taken to any Tudor AD?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Are there any warranty issues when buying from a grey website? If there is an issue with the watch, what is the process? Can it be taken to any Tudor AD?
    None at all, all of my current watches are purchased from grey dealers - I mush have saved over 10k so far...

The grey dealer forms a business and trusting relationship with an AD of each brand. And it goes like this:
    1. You buy watch from grey dealer
    2. Grey dealer orders it from AD
    3. AD sells the watch at if it was a retail sale, activates the warranty as normal etc, but does not register it if that brand registers. (At a large discount of course)
    4. AD sends watch to grey dealer.
    5. Grey dealer sends to you.

In effect it's no different to buying a 2nd hand watch with warranty of off sales corner.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    I've bought from grey dealers in the past and I actually had to use the warranty to get some repairs done. All worked out just fine, the only difference is that the warranty start date can a bit before the purchase date in cases where it's already been activated when the watch got to the grey dealer but apart from that I've never had any problems whatsoever.

Craftsman
    None at all, all of my current watches are purchased from grey dealers - I mush have saved over 10k so far...

The grey dealer forms a business and trusting relationship with an AD of each brand. And it goes like this:
    1. You buy watch from grey dealer
    2. Grey dealer orders it from AD
    3. AD sells the watch at if it was a retail sale, activates the warranty as normal etc, but does not register it if that brand registers. (At a large discount of course)
    4. AD sends watch to grey dealer.
    5. Grey dealer sends to you.

In effect it's no different to buying a 2nd hand watch with warranty of off sales corner.
    Don’t quite understand step 3 - sells the watch as if it was a retail sale, but at a large discount. How does the AD apply that discount?

Don’t quite understand step 3 - sells the watch as if it was a retail sale, but at a large discount. How does the AD apply that discount?
    An AD really died have the power to sell goods for whatever they want to - a Rolex for £1 if they want to.

They may have a contract with the manufacturer not to, but if you put a NDA in place with the grey dealer this is protected from.

Obviously this is only possible by store/ company managment, not a goldsmiths post time sales person. Provided they ate still selling above their dealer purchase price and they trust the grey then all is good.

Master
    Woop Woop! I'm in the Blue, with a Pelagos too. Thanks to Shalako and Sales Corner. Its really very very nice on the wrist!

Journeyman
    I've gone the other way. Sold my blue Pelagos last week and just picked up a used LHD. Fantastic watches. Really pleased with the LHD

Master
    So do you wear the LHD on your right wrist and are you a lefty? Or is it just the creamed lume and roulette data wheel you like?

Journeyman
    I wear it on my left wrist and would have preferred a standard crown on the right. It is the creamed lume, red line and roulette date wheel that I prefer - makes for a warmer dial.

Master
    3 days in to ownership I'm loving my blue. Read it many times and I absolutely agree, it's really comfy to wear. Lume is very bright and I really like the lumber lumed bezel. The Snowflake hands and dial markers make for a very clear and readable watch.

One of the little things I've noticed that only comes with time on the wrist, it had a very loud tick. I don't know if it's the movement, or the Titanium or some other as part of the case design but it's loud. I don't mind it, it just one of those little quirks you only notice as you own one.

Craftsman
    I’m left handed and I’ve always worn my watch on my right wrist. The Pelagos LHD is my favourite watch and I love finally having a left handed watch. Only slight problem is that having spent my entire life using right handed watched I’m incapable of adjusting the LHD without taking it off!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    A few days into owning a used LHD (having sold my blue Pelagos), I've noticed what looks like a scratch on the crystal, possibly to the AR coating on the inside. It's only visible under certain light, is very fine but quite long. It's quite a symmetrical curved scratch and looks like it's a pattern of small circles that suggest some sort of tooling marks. Pretty sure it's on the inside and as I said it's not normally visible, only in certain light and if looking from a certain angle.

Not too fussed about it if I'm honest, if it does end up bugging me I may consider a new crystal at service time. Anybody else seen anything like this before ?

Master
    That's weird Dougie, maybe take it to RSC or an AD for their view?

Valerie, Similarly for me, as a lefty I'm well used to the right handed world we live in, the way we write across a page, scissors, tin openers, screw threads, potato peelers, watches, cricket bats and so on. Ok most of those things can be bought for lefties easily now, but I've just learnt to use most things right handed. I'm happy with a watch on my left wrist and always have. I remember my dad giving me my first watch and I started to put it on my right wrist as it was easier to do the strap and buckle with my dominant left, but dad said, 'No son, you wear a watch on your left.' So I swapped out to my left and learnt to do up fiddly buckles! Always worn on my left ever since, although it does mean it gets knocked slightly more often. What I find really odd though is righties wearing a standard watch on their right wrist, what's that all about!? Anyway, the LHD pelagos looks nicely different, I hope you enjoy it. I'm just growing more and more attached to my pelagos smurf.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieb View Post
    I've gone the other way. Sold my blue Pelagos last week and just picked up a used LHD. Fantastic watches. Really pleased with the LHD
    Glad you finally got one Doug they're great watches as you say, enjoy!!