closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 41 of 41

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276

    Tudor Pelagos

    My Pelagos and a fine whisky go together well.


    Tudor Pelagos by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    389
    Great photo again.

  3. #3
    I don't think I have seen a better colour blue on a watch than the Pelagos, and the crystal disappears making it even more striking, nice photo.

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    I don't think I have seen a better colour blue on a watch than the Pelagos, and the crystal disappears making it even more striking, nice photo.
    Yip, its not a hard watch to photograph as you say the crystal just seems to disappear. I don't mind a little glare on a crystal as it can work in your favour but the Pelagos just seems to work with a little light on it. Thanks for the comments folks.

  5. #5
    Craftsman Megatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    LV426
    Posts
    466
    Great picture and the blue contrasts really well with that backdrop.

    My only question - how much whisky did you spill?

  6. #6
    Nice picture👍

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    My Pelagos and a fine whisky go together well.


    Tudor Pelagos by Mark Molloy, on Flickr
    I hugely like the Pelagos. Great looking and well made watch with some stonking good features.

    If a version were sold that lacked the words ĎRotor Self Windingí on the dial, I would buy one the day I found out.

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Great picture and the blue contrasts really well with that backdrop.

    My only question - how much whisky did you spill?
    Only a small amount as the whisky is more expensive than the watch.lol

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Only a small amount as the whisky is more expensive than the watch.lol
    Blimey, it is as well...

    I'm glad I've recently taken a liking to Gentleman Jack.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Great picture and the blue contrasts really well with that backdrop.

    My only question - how much whisky did you spill?
    Don't worry it was a mock up as it was inexpensive whisky in the bottle and not the £3.5k stuff that came in the bottle.lol

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    564
    Stunning photo.
    This is the second stunning photo I have seen of the blue Pelagos (the other photo was yours also) and certainly seems a photogenic watch.
    Personally my favourite and the last one to go for me out off them all.
    But in the past I've seen alot of comments regarding the blue not being that striking, I think it's stunning but every one to their own.
    Last edited by Gee252; 7th September 2019 at 19:01.

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    Yip I like the blue on the watch much better than the black dial but each to their own. Itís also so comfy on the wrist, the bracelet just so easy to get a good fit. Itís a watch I could wear a lot but I decided to have it on rotation so only worn it for 1 day so far.

  13. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Farnham, Surrey
    Posts
    80
    Great pictures and great watch. I've got the same blue Pelagos, definitely prefer the blue to the standard black and depending on the light the blue can either be a very bright striking blue or a darker more subdued shade. I think it's a lot of watch for the money, the problem I have is that I've got an itch to flip it and get a Pelagos LHD which I think might be slightly more versatile.

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276

    Cheers

    Thanks for all the comments folks, much appreciated.

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    149
    Keep looking at these... love the blue.. striking!

  16. #16
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    125
    Lovely photo, lovely whisky, lovely watch but if I had to choose it'd be the black face

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    If a version were sold that lacked the words ĎRotor Self Windingí on the dial, I would buy one the day I found out.
    Yes, it would look even better without a small essay written on the dial. Why do some manufacturers insist on writing so much on watch dials?

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    I thought the writing would have bothered me but it just seems to be less of an issue when you wear it.

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,247
    Wish I went blue and not black; had a blue watch & bezel at the time so went for the black one....then sold the blue Helson a while after.

    Really pops in those pics!

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester,UK
    Posts
    442
    Top picture and top watch.

    Thanks for sharing.

    It makes me wonder why i sold mine.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    389
    I'm saving for one of these. If anybody spots a deal/offer please let me know!

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I'm saving for one of these. If anybody spots a deal/offer please let me know!
    Same!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  23. #23
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I'm saving for one of these. If anybody spots a deal/offer please let me know!
    Seldom any good deals to be had on a Pelegos, I was struggling to get 5% until this was pictured in an AD window and the pic put on here with around £1k off the price and was brand new so I couldn’t resist.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I'm saving for one of these. If anybody spots a deal/offer please let me know!
    If you are happy to use a grey dealer then these are pretty easy to get in the £2700-2800 mark.

    Official Watches and Your Luxury Time pop to mind...

  25. #25
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Seldom any good deals to be had on a Pelegos, I was struggling to get 5% until this was pictured in an AD window and the pic put on here with around £1k off the price and was brand new so I couldnít resist.
    Are you saying there was a new one sold/available to sell for £2.2k?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    If you are happy to use a grey dealer then these are pretty easy to get in the £2700-2800 mark.

    Official Watches and Your Luxury Time pop to mind...
    Are these prices for used ones or unworn/minty ones?

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Are you saying there was a new one sold/available to sell for £2.2k?



    Are these prices for used ones or unworn/minty ones?
    Brand new and un-worn. The only downside is tbe warranty card will be dated a week or so earlier than you get the watch (from when the AD sent it to the grey dealer).

  27. #27
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    [QUOTE=cheesycake7;5196799]Are you saying there was a new one sold/available to sell for £2.2k?


    Yip, thatís what I got mine for brand new and from a UK authorised dealer. I had been thinking about one for a while but other watches got in the way. A user on here posted an image of it for sale and I bought as soon as the shop opened up again in the morning. I think it was £2250

  28. #28
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    [QUOTE=markyboy.1967;5196845]
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Are you saying there was a new one sold/available to sell for £2.2k?


    Yip, thatís what I got mine for brand new and from a UK authorised dealer. I had been thinking about one for a while but other watches got in the way. A user on here posted an image of it for sale and I bought as soon as the shop opened up again in the morning. I think it was £2250
    Oh nice. Iím guessing itís not the WoS group? As have not heard them giving such discounts.

  29. #29
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lanarkshire
    Posts
    276
    [QUOTE=cheesycake7;5196858]
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post

    Oh nice. Iím guessing itís not the WoS group? As have not heard them giving such discounts.
    No it was a Rox Diamonds and Thrills store who put it in the window with a large discount.

  30. #30
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    389
    Yes marky you got a great deal. I saw the heads up post myself and would have been interested/racing you if I'd had a Rox in London!

    I thought I could get 10.5% off using top cash back and Beaver brooks, but then realised the watch is on the website but listed as 'in store only'.

    £2700 ish from a grey dealer seems a decent deal. Lose a week or two of warranty to save a few hundred. Thanks for the tip.

  31. #31
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    389
    I just looked and official watches look to be pre owned but they list a blue pelagos 2019 at £2695. Your luxury watch sell new, no watches in stock, enquire for a price. Looks like they source as needed.

  32. #32
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,656
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I just looked and official watches look to be pre owned but they list a blue pelagos 2019 at £2695. Your luxury watch sell new, no watches in stock, enquire for a price. Looks like they source as needed.
    The Pelagos is unworn 2019 - we cant call it new because we're the first purchaser, not the customer, so use "unworn" as a descriptor.
    Its in our stock so the lead time is a couple of days to bring it into store from holding.

    OW holds both physical stock (referenced as OW) and Available To Order (ATO) stock. The ATO stuff has a lead time of 2-8 weeks depending on what piece it is.
    ATO stuff is all "unworn" but we can also get used stuff in if its available and what people want.

    Not pushing a sale, just explaining how the stock and order stuff works.

  33. #33
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    389
    Ahh thank you verv, that sounds very honest of you

  34. #34
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    Surprised at how much cheaper greys can get the Pelagos - presume apart from the BB58/GMT, similar discounts can be obtained for other watches in the Tudor range?

    ADs need to start giving discounts :(

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Surprised at how much cheaper greys can get the Pelagos - presume apart from the BB58/GMT, similar discounts can be obtained for other watches in the Tudor range?

    ADs need to start giving discounts :(
    I think the AD network tend to look at the wait list on a couple of models and the Rolex link and come to a max 5% discount.

    The fact of the matter is they don't command the investment attention and resale residuals to get away with the RRP only pricing of a Rolex.

    I often have ADs tell me 'it's impossible for anyone to give that discount...' until my watch arrives via a grey, for said discount. Obviously the grey is buying from an AD, and even with the discount both the AD and grey dealer are making money still.

  36. #36
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    I think the AD network tend to look at the wait list on a couple of models and the Rolex link and come to a max 5% discount.

    The fact of the matter is they don't command the investment attention and resale residuals to get away with the RRP only pricing of a Rolex.

    I often have ADs tell me 'it's impossible for anyone to give that discount...' until my watch arrives via a grey, for said discount. Obviously the grey is buying from an AD, and even with the discount both the AD and grey dealer are making money still.
    Yeah why is why I think esp for returning customers who wants to build up a purchase history, ADs need to factor in what greys can offer and do their best to keep these customers, rather than try an adopt a similar Ďno-discountí policy to Rolex.

    Iíve got turned down asking for discounts on Tudor too.

  37. #37
    Are there any warranty issues when buying from a grey website? If there is an issue with the watch, what is the process? Can it be taken to any Tudor AD?

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Are there any warranty issues when buying from a grey website? If there is an issue with the watch, what is the process? Can it be taken to any Tudor AD?
    None at all, all of my current watches are purchased from grey dealers - I mush have saved over 10k so far...

    The grey dealer forms a business and trusting relationship with an AD of each brand. And it goes like this:
    1. You buy watch from grey dealer
    2. Grey dealer orders it from AD
    3. AD sells the watch at if it was a retail sale, activates the warranty as normal etc, but does not register it if that brand registers. (At a large discount of course)
    4. AD sends watch to grey dealer.
    5. Grey dealer sends to you.

    In effect it's no different to buying a 2nd hand watch with warranty of off sales corner.

  39. #39
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Are there any warranty issues when buying from a grey website? If there is an issue with the watch, what is the process? Can it be taken to any Tudor AD?
    I've bought from grey dealers in the past and I actually had to use the warranty to get some repairs done. All worked out just fine, the only difference is that the warranty start date can a bit before the purchase date in cases where it's already been activated when the watch got to the grey dealer but apart from that I've never had any problems whatsoever.

  40. #40
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    None at all, all of my current watches are purchased from grey dealers - I mush have saved over 10k so far...

    The grey dealer forms a business and trusting relationship with an AD of each brand. And it goes like this:
    1. You buy watch from grey dealer
    2. Grey dealer orders it from AD
    3. AD sells the watch at if it was a retail sale, activates the warranty as normal etc, but does not register it if that brand registers. (At a large discount of course)
    4. AD sends watch to grey dealer.
    5. Grey dealer sends to you.

    In effect it's no different to buying a 2nd hand watch with warranty of off sales corner.
    Donít quite understand step 3 - sells the watch as if it was a retail sale, but at a large discount. How does the AD apply that discount?

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Donít quite understand step 3 - sells the watch as if it was a retail sale, but at a large discount. How does the AD apply that discount?
    An AD really died have the power to sell goods for whatever they want to - a Rolex for £1 if they want to.

    They may have a contract with the manufacturer not to, but if you put a NDA in place with the grey dealer this is protected from.

    Obviously this is only possible by store/ company managment, not a goldsmiths post time sales person. Provided they ate still selling above their dealer purchase price and they trust the grey then all is good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •