closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Breitling B1 Battery replacement

  1. #1

    Breitling B1 Battery replacement

    Just wondering if there are any recommendations on where to send my Breitling B1 for a battery change and sensible prices .
    Thanks in advance


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    As far as I remember it's not complicated. Any independent watchmaker should handle this.

  3. #3
    After my experience of trying to get Breitling to replace the battery in my Avenger, I'd suggest DIY!

  4. #4
    I've sorted out B Emergency batteries change DIY - piece of cake, except opening the watch module (caseback seats very tight).

  5. #5
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,330
    Blog Entries
    4
    It is a DIY or decent watchmaker task however i always sent back to Breitling and got apart from a battery change a proper inspection, verified paperwork and a nice service pouch which you can stick on the sales forum for £15.00.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  6. #6
    Thank you for all the advice.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,526
    Blog Entries
    1
    AMJ in Newark did mine recently for £75, including a pressure test.
    Breitling charge £167 ish.


    Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    AMJ in Newark did mine recently for £75, including a pressure test.
    Breitling charge £167 ish.


    Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk
    That's a nice hourly rate. £3 for the battery, 20 minutes tops for replacement & test.

  9. #9
    Think my last battery change to my dive computer watch (suunto D6) was over £50.


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,667
    The case back is very specialist, have DIYers splashed out on the correct tool?

    M

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Special tool is available, or you can use the rubber ball.

  12. #12

    B1 caseback tool

    I bought this for my B1 last year; haven't had to change a battery yet; but it does fit and open the back perfectly easily:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASE-BACK...kAAOSwbqpTwvLx

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Surrey, UK. Odiáxere or somewhere in-between
    Posts
    7,600
    Blog Entries
    19
    You can check the DIY method for a B-1 battery change and timing regulation I captured in my 'blog' section here: B-1 Battery change and set up

    Hope that helps!

    Martyn

  14. #14
    Can you help me which diameter will work with B-1 caseback:


    - 35 -Inside diameter measures approx : 36.7mm (15-gon)(opening size)
    - 36 -Inside diameter measures approx : 38.7mm (15-gon)(opening size)

  15. #15

    Cool B50

    I learned the hard way - took it to an indie in the jewellery quarter - battery change £45 - then forgot to take off B1 one day in shower

    Total water ingress - seals had not been put back properly - £1400 repair (thanks god my insurance covered it) - Breitling next time if needed.

    OR... buy a B50 cockpit - charge your own.....

  16. #16
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,667
    I paid £57 for my swap (and documented pressure test) a couple of years ago with an independent in Portsmouth.

    No idea if it's waterproof, but I wouldn't take a B1 in the shower and I've yet to forget to take my watch off before showering (same with my clothes, remarkable, eh? )

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 14th October 2019 at 16:15.

  17. #17
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by konlew View Post
    Can you help me which diameter will work with B-1 caseback:


    - 35 -Inside diameter measures approx : 36.7mm (15-gon)(opening size)
    - 36 -Inside diameter measures approx : 38.7mm (15-gon)(opening size)
    I took a punt (at £4, why not?) and bought the 35 - It fits (and opens) the caseback perfectly on my B1, but I believe they don't ALL have the same caseback (I think it's this thread - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nge-and-set-up - that mentions it)

    This is the one I bought :

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/34mm-35mm...346a%7Ciid%3A1

    M
    Last edited by snowman; 14th October 2019 at 16:14.

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    EAST MIDLANDS
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Just wondering if there are any recommendations on where to send my Breitling B1 for a battery change and sensible prices .
    Thanks in advance


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I would try Watch Kings (The Fortress,Devon) I had a Breitling quartz serviced and battery change done at a very reasonable price by Mr King. The same battery change and service done by Breitling would have cost me hundreds;the quote i was given was about 500 because Breitling insist on replacing hands and crown etc.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I took a punt (at £4, why not?) and bought the 35 - It fits (and opens the caseback) perfectly on my B1, but I believe they don't ALL have the same caseback (I think it's this thread - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nge-and-set-up - that mentions it)

    This is the one I bought :

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/34mm-35mm...346a%7Ciid%3A1

    M
    Battery changed?

    Working?

  20. #20
    Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    9,667
    It doesn't need it at the moment, but from the OP in the other thread, it doesn't look like rocket science.

    M

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by silver centurian View Post
    I would try Watch Kings (The Fortress,Devon) I had a Breitling quartz serviced and battery change done at a very reasonable price by Mr King. The same battery change and service done by Breitling would have cost me hundreds;the quote i was given was about 500 because Breitling insist on replacing hands and crown etc.
    Thanks. I might see if any do it in and around Dorset, Wilts . What do you call reasonable prices please.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    EAST MIDLANDS
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Thanks. I might see if any do it in and around Dorset, Wilts . What do you call reasonable prices please.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    last year a full service,battery change,reseal cost me under £100; a fraction of the quotes from Watch Lab and Breitling.Have a look at the Watch Kings web site and get a quote.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by silver centurian View Post
    last year a full service,battery change,reseal cost me under £100; a fraction of the quotes from Watch Lab and Breitling.
    Thank you.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I took a punt (at £4, why not?) and bought the 35 - It fits (and opens) the caseback perfectly on my B1, but I believe they don't ALL have the same caseback (I think it's this thread - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nge-and-set-up - that mentions it)

    This is the one I bought :

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/34mm-35mm...346a%7Ciid%3A1

    M
    Good recommendation, arrived today. Caseback removed easily and back on. Just ordered a battery.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Will the watch need resetting in any way when the new battery is installed? I'm aware mine will need changing sometime soon as it's been 4 years since the last battery, and I have the caseback tool ready to go and will try DIY myself this time.

  26. #26
    Happily to say back working with no issues. All times re-set. Not bad for a battery change for less than a tenner. Bought same battery online for £1.50 as the one that was inside Varta CR2320 .



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •