closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-44 Sewills Diver - Anyone Got One?

PRS-44 Sewills Diver - Anyone Got One?

I think this is the only Timefactors watch from a current line-up that I’ve never actually seen anyone own!

As a 44mm, 300m sub-alike I find that quite strange. I’ve never seen one on SC and a search doesn’t bring up any that have been offered for sale.

Anyone got one? Care to share your experience and some pics in the wild?

I've got one and it's one of my favourites.

ETA 2824, 316L steel, 300m WR: all the attributes and the classic style of a good diver.

The bracelet oozes quality but I tend to wear it on NATO's and it sits 'smaller' on the wrist than 42mm would suggest yet retaining the legibility of a large face. I chose the blue option for a bit of a change from a black-faced diver and it does seem to get noticed more as a result.

Some out & about pics:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I knew you had one and thanks for adding those excellent photos. But you’re the only person I’ve known own one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have you had the automatic PRS-3 Ralphy? If so, be very interested in your opinion. The Sewills is too much of a Rolex copy to me (whatever the history may be) but the PRS-3 appeals.

I've had a PRS-3 and it's a tremendous watch. It wears large and it's heavy on the bracelet but certainly is great VFM. The biggest downside is the 60 click bezel which has loads of play and, to the point where I had to secure mine to stop it turning.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Have you had the automatic PRS-3 Ralphy? If so, be very interested in your opinion. The Sewills is too much of a Rolex copy to me (whatever the history may be) but the PRS-3 appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I've had a PRS-3 and it's a tremendous watch. It wears large and it's heavy on the bracelet but certainly is great VFM. The biggest downside is the 60 click bezel which has loads of play and, to the point where I had to secure mine to stop it turning.
    As ever these things are a matter of taste, I'd agree that the bracelet is a bit of a beast but when worn on a normal rubber diving strap the case size for me at least is perfect, as for the bezel mine works faultlessly.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

^^^^I wore mine mostly on a nato and it was a great watch with amazing timekeeping. I've not ruled out having another one as I might just have had a dodgy bezel.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I sold my PRS-18 - original batch from about 2007? - as the bezel was too easy to turn - real shame as the lume was fantastic and I liked the handset.

There is stilll the possibility of getting the yellow PRS-3 LE which really tempts me. If either of you have any more feedback about it, it would be greatfully received. How does it wear compared to, say, SKX?

I've both had and have PRS-3's, this is my LE.

Opinion? Well let me put it this way: it's the third one I've had and I regretted letting the first two go, so this one is definitely a keeper.

It's done a fair bit of travelling with me too.

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 7th September 2019 at 15:03.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

The PRS-3 wears a little bigger than the SKX but not in a negative way. I always felt the Seiko wore a little small for its dimensions.

However you're not comparing apples with apples as the Precista is a far superior watch. The movement alone is in a different league, mine returned something silly like +0.3 spd!

You're starting to seriously tempt me into another PRS-3!

I sold my PRS-18 - original batch from about 2007? - as the bezel was too easy to turn - real shame as the lume was fantastic and I liked the handset.

There is stilll the possibility of getting the yellow PRS-3 LE which really tempts me. If either of you have any more feedback about it, it would be greatfully received. How does it wear compared to, say, SKX?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The PRS-3 wears a little bigger than the SKX but not in a negative way. I always felt the Seiko wore a little small for its dimensions.

However you're not comparing apples with apples as the Precista is a far superior watch. The movement alone is in a different league, mine returned something silly like +0.3 spd!

You're starting to seriously tempt me into another PRS-3!
    Thanks for the extra comments, I happen to be wearing an SKX so it was the obvious choice. I have a Broadarrow PRS-3 but the LE is larger.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ralph, I lack a yellow watch so this may be the one to get!

I don't think comparisons are too easy, I've have had a number of Seiko divers including two orange monsters, both of which I sold on within a year of buying, what impressed me so much about the PRS-3 case is its quality and the way it hugs my wrist, time keeping is excellent, the seconds hand sweeps across the dial smoothly and knowing that there are only 49 others out there is a bonus.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I don't think comparisons are too easy, I've have had a number of Seiko divers including two orange monsters, both of which I sold on within a year of buying, what impressed me so much about the PRS-3 case is its quality and the way it hugs my wrist, time keeping is excellent, the seconds hand sweeps across the dial smoothly and knowing that there are only 49 others out there is a bonus.
    Thank you, I am getting tempted.

Thread resurrection ;)

I was browsing the TF site last night and was reminded of the Sewills PRS-44. Surely Eddie must have a huge stock of these left if Ralphy is the only owner? Maybe a flash sale with a 50% reduction would clear some stock ;)

I had a similar thought the other day. You just don’t see them mentioned on here. The blue dial version looks nice. Maybe there will be a bit more interest now Tudor have copied Timefactors?...