closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch companies - how big are they?

Hybrid View

Master

Watch companies - how big are they?

I’d never thought of Sinn as a small company, but discovered only 120 people work at Sinn’s headquarters. I wonder how this compares to other brands of comparable stature.

Presumably the likes of Rolex and Omega have vastly bigger workforces, but how big are they?

Has anyone got a fee for the size of watch companies?

Over 4100 employees are employed at Rolex CH on LinkedIn - I imagen there are a fair few not on LinkedIn too...

According to Jaeger-LeCoultre’s website, they have 1400 people working in their manufacture making their products,
    with an unspecified number of people working in head office, retail etc.

I think Rolex make very roughly 10x as many watches as JLC a year, so perhaps 4000 staff seems a bit low.

Might not be the best resource, but Wiki states 6000+ for Rolex.
    It's just a matter of time...

I believe Smiths, Precista, Speedbird, Sewills, Dreadnought and Armstrong Siddely have a staff of one, if you exclude cats from the headcount.

Master

Don’t forget the company cat!

While far from comprehensive, a cursory search shows 15 employees at “Sinn Spezialuhren zu Frankfurt am Main”. This compares to an actual 120 employees at the company.

LinkedIn shows “Damasko Uhrenmanufaktur” has 2-10 employees, “Steinhart GmbH” has 2 employees and “Christopher Ward London Limited” has 27 employees. However, I’ve no clue how much these underestimate the actual number of staff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I believe Smiths, Precista, Speedbird, Sewills, Dreadnought and Armstrong Siddely have a staff of one, if you exclude cats from the headcount.
    Never underrate the importance of the company cat 🐱

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    “Steinhart GmbH” has 2 employees
    Steinhart has 16 employees: https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/steinhart-team

There’s a few uber highend independants too that have a staff counts of around 10 because most of their cases and movements are outsourced, and all they do is assembly.