closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lease cars and Boot Liners

Lease cars and Boot Liners

I am about to lease a new car for the very first time and am a bit unsure about whether to bother buying a bootliner for it or not.

It is only a 2 year lease, so I don't want to waste £140 on a bootliner I will probably never use after the car goes back, but we do have dogs that infrequently travel in the boot of the car. The dogs are big, very hairy and often travel with a degree of wet/mud/general stinkyness attached, so am I likely to be charged for steam cleaning/valeting the boot on return, or would that be considered as fair wear and tear for the boot area of a car?

If I am going to be charged for a steam clean anyway, I may as well suck up the bootliner cost instead, but just wondered what other people do who are in a similar position.

TIA

Master
    Blog Entries
    How about just lining the boot with carpet protector:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsen...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought one from an ebay manufacturer was bespoke for my car but not made by the manufacturer cost about £60

Blog Entries
    With leasing companies desperate to recharge anything they can these days, I think I'd buy a bootliner for peace of mind.

Just think of it as a extra fiverish a
    Month on the lease cost.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Thanks for the opinions.

I have tried (and ultimately thrown away) cheaper bootliners in the past and absolutely nothing I have ever found beats a Hatchbag, so if I buy a bootliner, that will be the one I buy. It has kept the back of my old Audi looking like new despite 12 years of abuse from the mutts (and me).

I guess in the grand scheme of things it is peanuts really over the 2 years.

Probably just being a bit of a skinflint.

I bought a plastic boot liner tray and padded cover from CarMats4U for my leased 5-series 3 years ago for £40. It's been a boon. Don't know how their prices have moved since then.

More expensive were the new (ex-demo) winter alloys and tyres at £1k, making me almost tempted to get another 5-series in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I bought a plastic boot liner tray and padded cover from CarMats4U for my leased 5-series 3 years ago for £40. It's been a boon. Don't know how their prices have moved since then.
    They seem to be even cheaper now!

Couldn't find one for a Velar though. Shame as that might have been a good option otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Run a MB GLC and got a “ homage” boot liner from E Bay i think car mats 4u and it has served me well with the dogs, building materials and gardening stuff.
    Not carpet but plastic and you can just hose it clean
    Last edited by mart broad; 6th September 2019 at 14:38.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

I have a lease Golf R Estate, and like you also have dogs. I got one of these from Fleabay and tbh its really good. Tailored to fit my vehicle, and comes with a bumper protector as well, all for £50. Made of plastic which seems pretty tough, and velcro backed so it fits snugly to the side panels, and rear seat back. There are also straps to secure the back seat bit to the headrests. Keeps the main dirt hair etc from covering the boot.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312180258213

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by cinnabull; 6th September 2019 at 16:19.

Journeyman
    Have the following in my XC90 and love it. Three 55kg plus dogs have yet to get the better of it.

Not cheap but wort every penny imo.

https://www.boot-buddy.com/

Vet bed with the white non slip back grips to it perfectly. Get a piece long enough to fold down over the boot lip and it's the perfect sill protector too.

Edit; Don't by the vet from them. It's rather over priced
    Last edited by Andy 0; 6th September 2019 at 16:26.

Master
    No you don't need a boot liner for a lease.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    No you don't need a boot liner for a lease.
    If the car goes back dirty, stained or damaged beyond what is ‘reasonable’ they may bill the customer to sort it. That may involve just cleaning, or in extreme cases new interior panels. For the sake of a few quid it seems a worthwhile investment imo. So whilst you are correct in saying you dont need one, it may be wiser to just fit one anyway, especially with large hairy muddy dogs.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I use a hammock style one in my car for the dog. Keeps all the crap out and just have the front bit unzipped which acts as a bumper protector when he's jumping in and out. Think it cost me £25, it's not so much handing the car back dirty, it's more about knowing I was driving around in a car with a filthy rear😂

Master
    Another vote for Boot Buddy, currently doing a Stirling job in the back of the wife's lease car, with a cocker spaniel who loves the beach, mud and water.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Had a bootbuddy for 10 years in the back of a pathfinder kept the boot immaculate, the only down side is you can’t use the 7 seats which we’ve started to more and more of late so I’m currently on the hunt for something less rigid for the xc90 that’s replaced the pathfinder.

Master
    I’ve got a customed one from rhino boot liners and have been very impressed with it and for the peace of mind it’s worth every penny imo

Blog Entries
    I have had three PCH’s returned after 24 month term with no issues, I even used the Q7 a couple years ago to pick materials up for building works at home.

You hear horror stories but mine have been fine on final year inspection and what they do pick up has been really small beans to pay.

Pitch

Master
    That's an expensive liner, I've sold dozens when working in parts and circa £60 was retail, regardless of marque they are all a piece of moulded plastic, try bay for a second hand one, or, ask the valeters at the dealers to see if they have or can get you an used one?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Just ordered a set of rufty tufty rubber overmats for my CRV. Good range, great quality and fast delivery. Very impressed. They included a 10% discount code for "friends and family" to use. I consider TZ UKers as friends, so feel free to use the code (no kickback for me).

Shame they don't do a boot liner the size of the space with seats folded down since that's the main time I use the car for hauling dirty stuff around. Instead, a £4.99 tarp from Screwfix does the job and folds away into a small bag when not in use.

www.carmats4u.com and code CMGX101.
    Last edited by broxie; 11th September 2019 at 09:47.

I bought a big PVC sheet from eBay for £8.

Some of it lines the boot of my Golf and some is now covering up garden waste when it rains and before it gets taken to the dump, so that it doesn't smell too bad in the car.

Aside from a few bits that will hoover off, the boot of the Golf is looking like new!

M

You need something, or you’ll get shafted when you hand it back, but it’s doesn’t need to be a 160 quid one, eBay will throw up loads. Whatever you do, don’t get it as part of the lease deal, you’ll pay through the nose for it, then have to give it back

I use rubber sheeting I bought a few metres of from eBay, cut to the right size it’s durable and looks ok too. The dogs don’t slip around on it either.