closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex AD visit today TT/gold sub.

Journeyman

Rolex AD visit today TT/gold sub.

Popped into my local AD, I'm already on the "expression of interest" list for a non date sub, so thought I'd see what they had. No sports models on display but got talking to him about availability (none) and likelihood of getting the non date sub soon (unlikely) etc. They did have a solid gold blue sub and TT black sub in the back which he let me have a look and try on. Have to say I was very surprised how nice the TT sub was, know it's not the most desirable at the moment but I really liked it. Both were available.

Also got talking about waiting list, he said the list was split into 2, those with previous purchase history and those without: The half without were unlikely to get a call.. He was very honest about it which was refreshing and probably reinforced my thinking about keeping an eye out on sales corner, rather than waiting for a call. He also said that they have started receiving increased numbers of sports watches over the last couple of months, and also said that although waiting lists are horrendously long, a large number of people on the list don't go through with the purchase when the watch actually becomes available.

Zzzzzzzzz.........

Journeyman

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Zzzzzzzzz.........
    Thanks

Should add, for anyone who may be after either of the 2 watches, it was Goldsmiths in the Metro Centre, Gateshead.

Master
    I would say that was an experience worth sharing to be fair so please do ignore Rajens manners.
    Your experience with AD talking about more sports models coming through backs up a few other sources so decent info.
    I agree with you regards TT Subs
    I'm getting drawn to the blue TT but have put it down to the fact that I'm 50 now and it was Summer so they looked good.
    Now that we are heading into darkness it will be back to the austere black and silver combo.

Craftsman
    Appreciate you sharing your encounter at your AD. It’s a shame that many wishing to buy their first Rolex from an AD are being turned away. That’s the way the new normal is until otherwise. I was informed that registering at multiple GS/ WOS/ Mappin & Webb is counterproductive as that will apparently raise flags that you’re a flipper.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    Appreciate you sharing your encounter at your AD. It’s a shame that many wishing to buy their first Rolex from an AD are being turned away. That’s the way the new normal is until otherwise. I was informed that registering at multiple GS/ WOS/ Mappin & Webb is counterproductive as that will apparently raise flags that you’re a flipper.
    Agree totally, I asked him what people who have no local AD are supposed to do, for example Cumbria and he just said unfortunately they won't be able to get one..

Journeyman
    Thanks for sharing your experience OP.

Just out of interest are the TT subs more expensive than the standard dated sub?

Also is anyone able to post rrp for

Non date sub
    Dated sub
    TT sub

Just out of curiosity.

Thanks

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The Rolex website has the prices for the sub range if youre curious.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The Rolex website has the prices for the sub range if youre curious.
    Perfect thanks.

I see some models don’t have the rrp on there

Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Perfect thanks.

I see some models don’t have the rrp on there
    If you join rolexforums.com then you can access a stickie which lists the majority of Rolex prices - it is showing the RRP for the Sub-C (two tone version) as 10,350 GBP.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody74 View Post
    If you join rolexforums.com then you can access a stickie which lists the majority of Rolex prices - it is showing the RRP for the Sub-C (two tone version) as 10,350 GBP.
    Think the rrp on dated subc is £6550

Any idea why such a jump?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Think the rrp on dated subc is £6550

Any idea why such a jump?
    Because the yellow bits are rolesor which is a mix of gold and unobtanium.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    It's not 10k surely!? I had 8.5k in my head, and £28k for the solid precious... Or is it £22k... No matter, I'll never but one!

I tried on a black TT in march and was very surprised, it's rather good.... The bracelet is too much but the head on a NATO or rubber looks good perhaps.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    Because the yellow bits are rolesor which is a mix of gold and unobtanium.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Fair play.

Made me chuckle

Master
    i checked. I'm that sad.

no date £5750
    date £6550
    hulk £6950
    TT smurf or black is indeed £10350 ('kin 'ell)
    full bling white gold smurf £28350
    yellow bling £26350

how the white smurf costs more than the full yellow idk!

Platinum content in the white gold.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    White gold is always life expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    no date £5750
    date £6550
    £800 for a date wheel?! Wowzers!

Master
    I thought white gold was a gold and silver mix
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_gold

Master
    no the date wheel is free. its £800 for the cyclops

Haha, I actually typed "for an ugly cyclops" but edited it before posting.

I can understand maybe £200, but £800 is just Rolex being greedy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jackin_jill View Post
    £800 for a date wheel?! Wowzers!
    Worth every penny I think.
    For £6550 the standard date submariner is a bargain compared to the other versions.
    You could had four for the price of the white gold version.

You can buy a lot of gold for £21,800.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    For £6550 the standard date submariner is a bargain compared to the other versions.

The Premium Rolex (and other brands) place on precious metals. If you think the jump from stainless steel to WG/YG/RG is steep, then the leap to platinum is in another league.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post

If I could walk into an AD and buy one I would have done by now.

But would it be so enticing knowing it’s readily available....Rolex think not!

I thought white gold was a gold and silver mix
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_gold
    This is often true for sohne things, you can tell because these things have a rhodium plating that needs re doing every year and they yellow over time without it.

White gold used in most watches has a decent platinum content, which results in it being white through the whole thickness and no need for rhodium plating. It is also harder and a bit heavier.

i checked. I'm that sad.

no date £5750
    date £6550
    hulk £6950
    TT smurf or black is indeed £10350 ('kin 'ell)
    full bling white gold smurf £28350
    yellow bling £26350

how the white smurf costs more than the full yellow idk!
    Ironically you could buy two brand new RRP Hulk's for the price of one grey dealer Hulk! Its madness..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    This is often true for sohne things, you can tell because these things have a rhodium plating that needs re doing every year and they yellow over time without it.

White gold used in most watches has a decent platinum content, which results in it being white through the whole thickness and no need for rhodium plating. It is also harder and a bit heavier.

Is that so? Thanks for explaining.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Ironically you could buy two brand new RRP Hulk's for the price of one grey dealer Hulk! Its madness..
    errrm....except you can't buy one, let alone two brand new Hulks at rrp.

errrm....except you can't buy one, let alone two brand new Hulks at rrp.
    I know that, but the numbers are still the same, its a shame you have to be bribed into buying some platinum bling before being "considered" to buy a Hulk.

Craftsman

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jmagla View Post
    Agree totally, I asked him what people who have no local AD are supposed to do, for example Cumbria and he just said unfortunately they won't be able to get one..
    Well he's seems to be talking out of his hole then!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Well he's seems to be talking out of his hole then!
    How so?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    How so?
    In the last couple of years, I've had a SD50, Hulk, Batman, Daytona and DSSD-JC all from an AD. Living in Cumbria isn't too bad!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    In the last couple of years, I've had a SD50, Hulk, Batman, Daytona and DSSD-JC all from an AD. Living in Cumbria isn't too bad!
    Interesting, past purchase history? Or just walked in off the street?

Craftsman
    No purchase history, went on a waiting list for the batman and the rest is history.

Journeyman
    Nice one! Wish I was half as fortunate, on the list and waiting, albeit early days...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post

Most manufacturers use palladium with white gold.

Popped into my local AD, I'm already on the "expression of interest" list for a non date sub, so thought I'd see what they had. No sports models on display but got talking to him about availability (none) and likelihood of getting the non date sub soon (unlikely) etc. They did have a solid gold blue sub and TT black sub in the back which he let me have a look and try on. Have to say I was very surprised how nice the TT sub was, know it's not the most desirable at the moment but I really liked it. Both were available.

Also got talking about waiting list, he said the list was split into 2, those with previous purchase history and those without: The half without were unlikely to get a call.. He was very honest about it which was refreshing and probably reinforced my thinking about keeping an eye out on sales corner, rather than waiting for a call. He also said that they have started receiving increased numbers of sports watches over the last couple of months, and also said that although waiting lists are horrendously long, a large number of people on the list don't go through with the purchase when the watch actually becomes available.
    Thanks for sharing! I had the same experience in 4 different ADs (2 London 2 Birmingham).
    Same story, and very clear that without purchase history there was little to no chance of getting one (I was after the Sub no date).

For few days I even considered to look at the secondary market but I refuse to pay more than RRP....so got myself a Moonwatch and a BB58 for the price of 1 Sub.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dade.c View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I had the same experience in 4 different ADs (2 London 2 Birmingham).
    Same story, and very clear that without purchase history there was little to no chance of getting one (I was after the Sub no date).

For few days I even considered to look at the secondary market but I refuse to pay more than RRP....so got myself a Moonwatch and a BB58 for the price of 1 Sub.

Lol, snap, I just bought both recently, but still fancy a Rolex, but we will see....

Journeyman

Which ones getting more wrist time, have to say for me its the BB58, very pleased with it.

Craftsman

I remember when I bought my last Rolex 5 years ago the no date sub wasn't very popular so you'd often get a discount if you wanted that model.

They used to increase the price by 10% a year so I think they are trying to get back to that with all this low supply stuff that is currently going on. They've probably done it to convince their network to do these Rolex boutiques and invest their money in the brand. Once they are all done then price increases and volume increases will bring things back to normal.

Which ones getting more wrist time, have to say for me its the BB58, very pleased with it.
    Until I get the BB the Omega will get 100% of the wrist time. I guess the omega will be more for work time, the BB I see it as more for casual occasions. We’ll see!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgreenwood View Post
    I remember when I bought my last Rolex 5 years ago the no date sub wasn't very popular so you'd often get a discount if you wanted that model.

They used to increase the price by 10% a year so I think they are trying to get back to that with all this low supply stuff that is currently going on. They've probably done it to convince their network to do these Rolex boutiques and invest their money in the brand. Once they are all done then price increases and volume increases will bring things back to normal.
    Such a shame...But, hey, many nice watches to play with well below the current price range!