closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robbed on Ibiza: 16610 gone

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I couldn't understand why the police wouldn't take a crime report for what was obviously a crime.
    They weren’t all wearing Rolex watches by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    About 15 years ago I bought my wife a Rolex to mark a special occasion. I was taken aback when the gift was politely decline as ‘we live in West London, I weigh 8 stone and don’t want a watch that costs as much as a car on my wrist saying please mug me’. When I thought about it I could see the logic, and almost thought I’d been daft to put her in danger. I should point out she’s pretty feisty and in no way nervous - she just didn’t think it was wise. So I returned the watch and I remember she chose a bracelet for about £100 from Tiffany as the replacement gift - she’s never been one for extravagant stuff. The more I read this kind of story I think she was very wise - and 15 years ago they cost a lot less!

Oh to have a wife like this. My wife would have took the watch and asked to stop by Hermes on the way home!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    They weren’t all wearing Rolex watches by any chance?
    <chortle>

Master
    Did he ever get it on the lost/stolen register? I couldn't understand why the police wouldn't take a crime report for what was obviously a crime.
    He didn’t have his passport with him at the time.They told him he had to bring it to process his report not being Spanish.

Odd thing is he never went back or reported it to Rolex either.

Asked him for the box, but said he binned it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by golf View Post
    He didn’t have his passport with him at the time.They told him he had to bring it to process his report not being Spanish.

Odd thing is he never went back or reported it to Rolex either.

Asked him for the box, but said he binned it.
    Weird.

Thanks for the reply.

Master
    Well, when I bought my ceramic sub the price was in 4000GPB region, and now it's double that. It's made me more conscious wearing that watch. I have it fully insured at home and while travelling.

I was today in Stockholm (having missed the flight home yesterday) and have to say I felt quite relax as it seemed that a third of the population in downtown Stockholm had a Rolex. In Finland the situation is different, I don't think most people recognize the watch at all.

Master
    Sorry for your loss op but at least you’re unharmed in a way

Sad state we live in these days, sometimes I even think the drastic punishments for sinners in other countries should be brought to the western world

Craftsman
    Glad you are unhurt. Scumbags.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Insurance, schminsurance. People have been murdered for their watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44415533
    I’m not quite sure how your point relates to mine in anyway!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    I’m not quite sure how your point relates to mine in anyway!
    Insurance is of no consequence to you if you are dead. Perhaps that’s what he was getting at ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji053 View Post
    Insurance is of no consequence to you if you are dead. Perhaps that’s what he was getting at ?
    The OP isn’t dead, hence why I offered to review the insurance wording if he was having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Well, it that happened to me. Last night i got robbed on Ibiza. They took my 16610 from my wrist. The insurance doesn’t cover it.

I have seen these topics on the forum before and I always thought that would never happen to me. I guess I was wrong.

I was very fond of the watch. It was my one watch for years from a collection to just one watch.

Unbelieveable.
    Sorry to hear this

Bit of thread revival here but I have just seen this on YouTube

Last edited by Matt London; 26th September 2019 at 22:29.

Journeyman
    A few years back there was a report , possibly on the news or a segment on some programme , It told of some young guys normally working in twos who would approach guys , who were drunk , walking around central London after closing etc , and have a conversation then they would hug them or shake their hands prolonging the action and relieve them of their watch at the same time .

Master
    It was a TV programme about pickpockets in London.

It mentioned how highly trained some pickpockets are, often in overseas training programmes for pickpockets. I remember seeing footage of people’s watches being stolen - without them noticing - by frighteningly skilled pickpockets.

Master
    Everyone should know you don’t let a stranger enter your personal space.
    If they cannot touch you they cannot steal anything.
    Don’t be afraid to push them away or make a scene.
    They look for the easy targets don’t become one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Don’t be afraid to push them away or make a scene.
    Yup, I've had to resort to this (both push and shout) with a couple of the increasingly aggressive beggars where I live.

Master
    Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all the positive comments. It took some time to have a look at my topic as I am trying to forget that it all happened.

As a matter of fact, I am doing quit well. I just like to think that it was just a watch and I didn't got hurt physically. Allthough, it still stings a bit if I want to know the time and I look at my wrist.

I don't have a watch at the moment. That kinda sucks. I am thinking to buy something else this Christmas suchs as a Seamaster 300m (ref 25318000). The whole watch thing started with that watch. Maybe some day own a 16610 again.

Well that's it. Thanks again. Stay safe!

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Glad you're doing ok.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Glad you're doing ok.
    Yes, at the end of the day the most important thing is you didn't get hurt. (at least not physically).
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember being confronted by normal people who want to shake your hand or embrace you on meeting in public for the first time. Anyone entering my personal space uninvited will trigger a reaction, be they male or female. Retreat may be the reaction, it may not, but alarm bells ring when people begin acting out of the ordinary. I think being drunk in a public space is highly dangerous simply because you aren't as aware of your surroundings and people around you.

Advice I never took when I was in my teens I hasten to add, but in those days I was invincible obviously!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I was living in Prague about 20 years ago and after a night out in the centre I was accosted by two women pickpockets, pretending to be prostitutes. It was hands all over, come with me etc all a pretense to go for cash, phones and wallets. My hand darted for and protected my wallet and i shouted very loudly (in Czech - they almost certainly weren't) but that seemed to surprise them and they ran.

I guessed they tried alot of drunken guys whose reactions were slow and that gave them enough time and cover. I wouldn't hesitate to shout very loudly right in anyones face and move away quickly again if someone entered my body space in a suspect way..
    Last edited by vulcangascompany; 28th September 2019 at 19:46.