closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB GMT

Journeyman

Tudor BB GMT

I've got a modest watch collection - speedy, 2254, Tudor Pelagos and Sinn U2. I've promised to keep the collection to 4, but having been really impressed with the quality of the Pelagos, I'm now quite smitten with the BB GMT. In order to limit depreciation, I've purchased most of my watches used, however, with the BB GMT most used examples are above list price. Anybody know if the waiting list for the BB GMT is likely to remain or is demand falling? How long should I expect to be on a waiting list ?

Finally, which of my existing watches should I flip to make room for a GMT (Speedy is the only one that I won't sell)? The 2254 is probably the one that I now wear the least (by some margin) but it's on its way to becoming a classic and that's niggling me.

The tide is turning for the Tudor waiting lists!

Maybe take a look at ADs in other countries, there are several in Amsterdam that have it in stock, usually on a bracelet and flights are cheap ATM!

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    The tide is turning for the Tudor waiting lists!

Maybe take a look at ADs in other countries, there are several in Amsterdam that have it in stock, usually on a bracelet and flights are cheap ATM!
    Are they not more expensive though than the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Are they not more expensive though than the UK?
    ah, the dreaded GBP/EUR? / Reatil price here is only about 10%more than UK, so balanced out by the rate (hopefully).

I think I paid about £200 more than UK RRp for mine from Dubai Duty Free last December.

Three in stock in Bodrum on bracelet. About £400 more than UK pricing. Four or five BB58's too, which is a better watch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dougieb View Post
    Finally, which of my existing watches should I flip to make room for a GMT (Speedy is the only one that I won't sell)? The 2254 is probably the one that I now wear the least (by some margin) but it's on its way to becoming a classic and that's niggling me.
    If you wear the 2254 far less than the others, I can’t think why you would sell anything else.

Master
    It’s an interesting one. Last time I looked on chrono24 there were only 15 ish gmt’s in the U.K. and only 5ish 58’s.

There was a big delivery 3 weeks ago now which got people thinking supply was easing but bracket examples seem to have been snapped up. I imagine you won’t wait longer than 6 month from AD’s outside of major cities.

The GMT is a more wearable watch than the Pelagos imo. I sold in my Pelagos and find the gmt to be a better all rounder. I work in London and the Pelagos was a bit too tooly for me.

I got my GMT from Fraser Hart in Leeds in July and was only a month wait.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    The GMT is a more wearable watch than the Pelagos imo. I sold in my Pelagos and find the gmt to be a better all rounder. I work in London and the Pelagos was a bit too tooly for me.
    Compared to the Sinn U2, which is most definitely tooly, the Pelagos almost feels dressy :)

I'm tempted to hold tight for six months or so and see what, if anything happens to the GMT supply.

In terms of making room, it's between the U2 and 2254. The U2 I'm quite fond of as it's different, but the 2254 is definitely a more versatile all rounder.

Journeyman
    It’s an interesting one. Last time I looked on chrono24 there were only 15 ish gmt’s in the U.K. and only 5ish 58’s.
    When I last looked at Chrono24 and it was full of BB GMTs at the 4k mark, which I thought was wishful thinking on the sellers part

Master
    When I last looked at Chrono24 and it was full of BB GMTs at the 4k mark, which I thought was wishful thinking on the sellers part
    Aye that pricing is and some are still up there but the lack of watches even on chrono 24 is surprising. There are more blro and blnr available.

I was in Derby for an evening last week and there was a Goldsmiths that must have had 4 or 5 BB's in the window.

Craftsman
    I got my BB58 on bracelet 10 days ago from Hugh Rice. I collected it immediately I was called and when I arrived in the store they had a pile of Tudor boxes on the counter being sorted out, probably about 12-15. Clearly not all high demand models but still a big delivery for a relatively small AD.

From memory mine was one of two BB58’s delivered and they said they’d also got two GMT’s, so it would seem that supplies are arriving faster now.

Also got a call from Goldsmiths a day later offering me a BB58 on bracelet...

Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    I got my BB58 on bracelet 10 days ago from Hugh Rice. I collected it immediately I was called and when I arrived in the store they had a pile of Tudor boxes on the counter being sorted out, probably about 12-15. Clearly not all high demand models but still a big delivery for a relatively small AD.

From memory mine was one of two BB58’s delivered and they said they’d also got two GMT’s, so it would seem that supplies are arriving faster now.

Also got a call from Goldsmiths a day later offering me a BB58 on bracelet...
    Whilst you might be right that supply is easing, can one delivery be evidence of that? Yes, Goldsmiths had a delivery too, because Tudor have sent a supply for distribution to their outlets. But that may have been the first supply (of these models) in months?

Won’t the evidence of faster supplies be knowing when the previous delivery was and when the next will be as well?

In the meantime you’ve been lucky enough to pick up something you wanted, which is great.

Craftsman
    I’ve seen a few leather/NATO models around but the bracelet version is still quite rare imo.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
    Whilst you might be right that supply is easing, can one delivery be evidence of that? Yes, Goldsmiths had a delivery too, because Tudor have sent a supply for distribution to their outlets. But that may have been the first supply (of these models) in months?

Won’t the evidence of faster supplies be knowing when the previous delivery was and when the next will be as well?

In the meantime you’ve been lucky enough to pick up something you wanted, which is great.

You’re correct. I should have added that I was no. 3 on their BB58 list when I joined it 10 weeks ago, which suggests they were being slightly cautious when they told me they were now getting them at an increased rate of one per month.

Goldsmiths was rather surprising to me, and them maybe? as previously they couldn’t give me any idea on lead times.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    You’re correct. I should have added that I was no. 3 on their BB58 list when I joined it 10 weeks ago, which suggests they were being slightly cautious when they told me they were now getting them at an increased rate of one per month.

Goldsmiths was rather surprising to me, and them maybe? as previously they couldn’t give me any idea on lead times.
    I was told by Fraser Hart they only find out on the morning of the delivery when they are getting watches from Tudor!

I was told by Fraser Hart they only find out on the morning of the delivery when they are getting watches from Tudor!
    Their head office know.

I honestly think the big fuss over the waiting list is so overrated. You will probably have to wait a few months (For goodness sake has nobody ever bought a new car or bit of furniture before!) I think on the leather strap the wait is a lot less a while back when they were first released it was around 12 months on the bracelet but you can get the bracelet separate.

Regarding the leather strap I am not impressed with it at all and ended up changing it. Looks a lot better on a rubber divers style strap IMO.

Seen quite a few on leather and nato but none on bracelet in windows.

It’s a fab watch and even though I waited for bracelet version I actually wear it and prefer it on nato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heres a good one.....

Derby Goldsmiths "waiting lists are closed for that model for good now sir"

PMSL

THey had 2 on bracelets that they were "working their way through the lists" with ....... made me smile/cringe.

Apprentice
    I've got a modest watch collection - speedy, 2254, Tudor Pelagos and Sinn U2. I've promised to keep the collection to 4, but having been really impressed with the quality of the Pelagos, I'm now quite smitten with the BB GMT. In order to limit depreciation, I've purchased most of my watches used, however, with the BB GMT most used examples are above list price. Anybody know if the waiting list for the BB GMT is likely to remain or is demand falling? How long should I expect to be on a waiting list ?

I bougth the BB GMT on a bracelet 2 weeks ago, my first Tudor and I just cant fall in love with it. Your welcome to it for the price a paid £2830 i'm in Manchester.
    Last edited by Quigzz; 6th September 2019 at 15:41.

Journeyman

Sent you a DM mate

24hours and got one

So called an AD on Friday
    Had the call at lunch today
    Tudor GMT on bracelet done
    Are they really on waiting lists?

Master
    I was at the local AD just now and they had a GMT on NATO right there. Offered that plus a bracelet ordered separately for £3100. I've heard wait is just a month now.

Really considering it and moving on the GMTc given the risk wearing Rolex nowadays.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    So called an AD on Friday
    Had the call at lunch today
    Tudor GMT on bracelet done
    Are they really on waiting lists?
    My local Fraser Hart is back to a waiting list with the recent allocation all sold.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    I was at the local AD just now and they had a GMT on NATO right there. Offered that plus a bracelet ordered separately for £3100. I've heard wait is just a month now.

Really considering it and moving on the GMTc given the risk wearing Rolex nowadays.
    That’s a great deal. Well done.

Master
    That’s a great deal. Well done.
    I passed on it. But if anyone is after a GMT+bracelet+fabric strap for £3110, let me know.