closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The New Bell & Ross BR05 Collection

The New Bell & Ross BR05 Collection

The new Bell & Ross luxury sports watch collection .

https://monochrome-watches.com/bell-...w-specs-price/

Last edited by Tazmo61; 5th September 2019 at 07:25.

Craftsman
    I actually really like that, the black dial steel bracelet would be my pick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I like it, very Genta-esque. The bracelet reminds me of a Nautilus. Definitely a different style for B&R that taps into a dressier sports watch vibe.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Stunning
    Really want to see that in the flesh
    Black steel on rubber for me
    Hope it doesn’t wear to small

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I like it with the blue dial. However, looks like a cross between a Cartier Santos and Bulgari Octissimo.

Its not actually that bad looking however it is a total mish-mash of design influences. Gerald Genta meets Apple Watch meets Panerai / BR01
    The solid gold one is a lot of money for a Bell and Ross. (Or any watch with an off the shelf movement) I can’t see them selling many.

£4k for a Sellita - sign me up !

Another one enters the 'integrated sports' watch sector. Actually I think these look ok - good size, date not in a particular odd place. I especially like the skeleton version, that looks alright.

from ABtW

Journeyman
    Love the blue, but boy that price is a bit steep!!!

Scottie

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    A £4k watch that is worth £1500(?) when you walk out of the shop and may be in a sale in a few months

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Its not actually that bad looking however it is a total mish-mash of design influences. Gerald Genta meets Apple Watch meets Panerai / BR01
    I was thinking something similar, a Frankenstein’s monster love child of a Genta Ingenieur and an Apple Watch. I don’t mind a few of B&R’s recent designs, even if we’ve passed peak Helvetica font, but this one’s not for me. While there’s a clear gap in the market for something more affordable, it’s amazing how hard it is to pull off that Genta style integrated bracelet sports watch magic. Many have tried (notably GP, Piaget, and AP and PP themselves with the ROO and Aquanaut, IWC with the near-miss last generation proper Ingenieur), but I’ve yet to see anyone wholly succeed, apart from VC’s Overseas ultra-thin.

I guess this mash up could be described as ‘playful’. I wonder if it actually looks best on rubber, so it’s free of those Genta associations? A sort of B&R-anaut.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 5th September 2019 at 11:10.

Master
    It looks like a B-stard child of a Cartier and a PPN

How much?

As a B&R fan, this looks like a 400 quid wannabe watch. Too many design cues from other brands it has lost its own dna. Shame but really doesn't do the brand image any favours

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I like it, but not for 4K. If it was 1k I’d be down my local ad tomorrow and asking for one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How much?

Absolutely IMO a low end piece for top money.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Not a fan but appreciate B&R trying to go outside their box and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    If it was an ETA 2892 would you still be of the same opinion?

B&R design

I agree that is does look like a bit of a frankenwatch, but I quite like the dark and skeleton faces. Takes cues from PP and AP, but I guess that was the point, especially on the rubber.

The more I look the more it grows on me. At first it was the blue dial that appealed the most, but I’m edging towards the grey.
    At 40mm it may be a bit small but when I had a Monaco it wore large, so I would like to try one.
    Price is a bit off putting though.

Journeyman
    Like others I think the design does look a bit derivative at first but the square case is an important part of the brand's visual identity so there is coherence to it. I think it looks great. The movement is their take on the SW-300 which is Sellita's take on the ETA 2892. If it is of the better grades there are no questions about its functionality. If the look and feel of the piece in person is also commensurate with the ambition of the watch, then the price is in line with what more established brands are charging. Yet the industry as a whole are overcharging for well-made but mass produced pieces, containing highly competent but functional movements. For me this means the price is both reasonable yet not at the same time.

Craftsman
    I am a fan of B&R having had a br03 for many years and it didn't miss a beat. Well made case. Divisive design but I enjoyed it, got mainly positive comments on the wrist.
    I actually like this watch especially the blue face. I'll need to see in the flesh, but as mentioned, appreciate the attempt at something different. Yes it has a lot of design cues from other watches, but I feel it looks different and is not a direct homage. They say "there is nothing new under the sun". I'd be tempted to get one second hand after the depreciation hit, or if I could get a decent discount. 4k is a little steep.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    If it was an ETA 2892 would you still be of the same opinion?
    Of course. They are after all virtually identical.

I love Bell & Ross, an original, somewhat quirky, design-led French watchmaker. I appreciate the square instruments and am going to get one this year to add to my more restrained Vintage Geneva and Demineur.

All I will say about this new design is:

It's a bit derivative for an original thinking company. The influences are obvious

They are usually so careful with date placement. Look at the Vintage 123 and BR03 for how they can do it while maintaining the symmetry of the dial. By comparison, this looks careless

As a B&R fan, this isn't for me.

Dave

Master
    To my surprise I saw these in person today, as they’re already in the window of their store in Piccadilly. I’ll have to revise my opinion as it all comes together rather well. Certainly the head is 100% B&R and has a pleasantly solid, angular design, with some refined details and finishing, and is well sized too. Of course the bracelet playfully refers to watches like the Ingenieur and Nautilus, but has its own feel that blends well with elements of the case, so that it looks very much of a piece and not the mish-mash of design cues you might expect. Also contrary to my expectations, this one is definitely all about the bracelet version. Frankly, the rubber strap looks like something you’d find lying in the hard shoulder.

It’s still not for me as I’ve never been a fan of the square B&R instrument style watches. For that money I’d be looking for an older Genta style IWC Ingenieur, based on a similar movement. But for someone who does like the square B&Rs and enjoys the brand, it has its own charm, certainly more than I expected from the pictures.

Craftsman
    40mm x 11mm case sounds lovely-I could definitely be interested in one of these second hand once depreciated.