closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bristol area near Bristol University accomodation

Bristol area near Bristol University accomodation

Hello all

A friend is looking for his student girl accomodation near Bristol University.
    Any help would be appreciated so that i can make the connection to him.

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Hello all

Cheers
    What is it that you are looking for? A room in a forum members house? Or recommendations for areas in Bristol to stay?

I went to Bristol, so could help with the latter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    I went to Bristol, so could help with the latter...
    Another alumnus here, although I graduated 32 years ago so my information won’t be up to date!

In my case I spent the first year in Wills Hall which was all-male at the time and which was reputed to house the biggest concentration of Oxbridge rejects on the planet. Splendid environment even though you get fit walking to and from Stoke Bishop every day.

I spent years 2 and 3 lodging at the Baptist College which at the time occupied the large red brick castellated building at the end of Woodland Road. Excellent for a theology student as I was as its library was available to residents 24/7. And Ruth the cook knew her stuff.

My infrequent visits back to Bristol remind me what a lovely city it is. I’d happily relive my time there.

my son graduated from Bristol this summer

he was first year in halls - and then he did the private rented thing.

Rents are close to London levels, demand massive (if you don't sign up by mid-December for the next academic year you will struggle).

sounds like she is a first year (otherwise she would know the scene) and most will get an offer in Uni accommodation

last year he went through this agency https://www.bristoldigs.co.uk/ - typically crap like all of them, but we were pleasantly surprised to get 80% of his deposit back without to much hassle (they made deductions for deep clean etc, which I am sure was entirely reasonable given how my son and the 6 lads he was with probably lived)

My pal works for this company https://www.vitastudent.com/ they may have some space, but last time I enquired these were the prices for their Bristol scheme HOPE YOU SITTING DOWN AS THESE ARE WEEKLY, and they work on 51 week let !!!

Room Type
    Premium plus (starting at £300)
    Classic (starting at £275)
    Classic Plus (starting at £252)
    Premium (starting at £296)
    Ultimate Vita (starting at £307)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    My pal works for this company https://www.vitastudent.com/ they may have some space, but last time I enquired these were the prices for their Bristol scheme HOPE YOU SITTING DOWN AS THESE ARE WEEKLY, and they work on 51 week let !!!

Room Type
    I understand that one thing that supports rents like that are wealthy (very wealthy!) students from overseas.

She is looking for a room in a house shared with other students( the house that is) or a flat ( small) on her own
    Her dad will decide and thanks a million for your responses. Already forwarded what you suggested

my son graduated from Bristol this summer

he was first year in halls - and then he did the private rented thing.

Rents are close to London levels, demand massive (if you don't sign up by mid-December for the next academic year you will struggle).

sounds like she is a first year (otherwise she would know the scene) and most will get an offer in Uni accommodation

last year he went through this agency https://www.bristoldigs.co.uk/ - typically crap like all of them, but we were pleasantly surprised to get 80% of his deposit back without to much hassle (they made deductions for deep clean etc, which I am sure was entirely reasonable given how my son and the 6 lads he was with probably lived)

Room Type
    Weekly !!!???
    Damn

Grand Master
    Gumtree is quite useful for this type of thing, students tend to use it after doing a scan of the uni, there's literally loads of student accommodation, it just depends on how far she wants to be away from uni and how much she wants to pay.

She is looking for a room in a house shared with other students( the house that is) or a flat ( small) on her own
    Her dad will decide and thanks a million for your responses. Already forwarded what you suggested
    in that case she is likely to be looking for an opportunity say where 4 students have signed up for a place starting this academic year and maybe 1 of them has dropped out.....

in which case my advice (based on my son having a friend who has stayed on in Bristol to do a Masters and wanted a much quieter place) is that she needs to go down to Bristol and book in a B&B for a few days & trawl the streets/agents/student union and look for such an opportunity. Of course these days on facebook etc they may be able to seek and find.

I say that because the pal who is staying on for a Masters was struggling and went to Bristol a couple of weeks ago. He heard about a 1 bedroomed place in Clifton and went along....they had already had 15 viewings and it had gone, but he noticed some builders at the one upstairs. It was being done up and he did a deal there and then for it.... you really have to be quick.

BTW Clifton is a great place to live - popped in here on Graduation day https://www.dbmwines.co.uk/ and got some fabulous 2010 Rioja ! Lots of independent shops and eating places.

No affiliation but gives you a feel for the area.

in that case she is likely to be looking for an opportunity say where 4 students have signed up for a place starting this academic year and maybe 1 of them has dropped out.....

in which case my advice (based on my son having a friend who has stayed on in Bristol to do a Masters and wanted a much quieter place) is that she needs to go down to Bristol and book in a B&B for a few days & trawl the streets/agents/student union and look for such an opportunity. Of course these days on facebook etc they may be able to seek and find.

I say that because the pal who is staying on for a Masters was struggling and went to Bristol a couple of weeks ago. He heard about a 1 bedroomed place in Clifton and went along....they had already had 15 viewings and it had gone, but he noticed some builders at the one upstairs. It was being done up and he did a deal there and then for it.... you really have to be quick.

BTW Clifton is a great place to live - popped in here on Graduation day https://www.dbmwines.co.uk/ and got some fabulous 2010 Rioja ! Lots of independent shops and eating places.
    Cheers
    Will pass it on

Master
    My son did his first year in halls - got Baddock. This year him and 3 mates rented a house in the Redland area and really enjoyed living there. Lots of shops, restaurants and pubs nearby. They paid around £2,200 for the house between them which included most of the bills.

He’s off to Bordeaux for his 3rd year next week and his 4th year in Bristol he is going to get somewhere in Clifton.

I live in Redland, and it's a great place to live, except for some houses full of the more idiotic students..........
    I really would look at Cotham, Redland, Chandos Road and Westbury Park as the main areas, but it will not be cheap. Cliftonwood used to be cheap as well, but no longer.
    There are a lot of very wealthy students here, most of them British, many of them driving 1-2 yr old Mini Coopers. Little darlings. I get the impression there is a very high concentration of people who have had the best education bought for them, but who weren't bright enough to get into Oxbridge.
    The simple fact is that a lot of the housing market here is also skewed by the rich parents who, at least until relatively recently, have bought student houses so that their darling could make some equity whilst they "study", charge their mates rent and avoid paying rent of their own. The house opposite the study where I am typing became exactly that about 4 years ago.

D

Master
    I lived in quite a few places as a student. First year was Manor Hall in Clifton (if your friends daughter is in first year then I strongly recommend staying in halls), then I lived in a flat with mates on “the triangle” which was perfect for our penchant for frequenting the nearby pubs and clubs. Then was Redland, probably my favourite place to live in Bristol as a student, lovely houses, close to uni, just a lovely corner of Bristol. Then I lived off Gloucester Road because we thought we were cool and edgy. It was fun but our house did get broken into, which wasn’t fun. Then we thought fuck it and stayed in a lovely flat in Clifton Village. We were older students by then. Was expensive but Clifton is just so beautiful.

I agree with a lot of the above there are a lot of posh wankers that got into Bristol after being an Oxbridge reject and from very expensive private schools. There are also a lot of great people that want to go to a good uni, in the best city in Britain!

Hello all

Cheers
    A good friend of mine owns his own letting agents on Chandos Road, Redland. They specialse in student lets in the most popular areas of Bristol..Redland, Cotham, Clifton, Hotwells, Stokes Croft etc.

He's helped a mates son with his accommodation for the last 2 years. The company is Accommodation Unlimited and the owner is Peter Ellis. Your friend could do worse than give him a call.

https://www.aul.org.uk/

Sent from my SM-T800 using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks all
    Passed them on