Back in 2009 I considered bringing back earlier Time Factors models, in particular the original Dreadnought PRS-2. As this was a limited edition, I struggled with the ethics of making more and so I shelved the idea.

Because of the enforced "holiday" following my recent surgery, my thoughts once again returned to reviving earlier models. I decided that any models I did revive would have significant differences and also a new identity. These watches would have the original branding but would also carry a different brand as well so that there could be no confusion. They will also have a different model designation.

I currently have 3 models on the list for the initial launch and a couple more for later release if it works out.

DREADNOUGHT PRS-2

Firstly, it won't be a PRS-2. I propose 38mm excluding crown and based on the Dreadought Voyager design but without the GMT complication. 300 metres water resistance so that the thickness is proportionate to the smaller size and fitted with the Miyota 9015 to help keep the thickness down.

SMITHS "WILLARD" PRS-68

Again, this won't be a PRS-68 but will still carry the Smiths branding on the dial, along with another brand name. This has to be 40mm in order to keep the date because ther's quite a lot of case outside the dial area (the PRS-68 was 44.5mm). Seiko NE15 and fitted with a jubilee bracelet.

SPEEDBIRD III

Basically the same as the current model but in 36mm and fitted with the Miyota 9015. 36mm watches have proved very popular recently and I think it's a good size for a unisex model.

Another one I'm working on to follow these is the Czech Airforce in 38mm, fitted with the Sellita 216, hand winding with small seconds. Still some work to be done to work out how to do the rotating pointer bezel. I'm rather keen to do this version as well as the black dial.

Eddie