closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future plans

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    To keep up with the times... The Dreadnought must come with an integrated bracelet.

What do others think?

Can anyone do a photoshop thingy?
    It will have a bracelet.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    I'd love to see that Dreadnought sized for my skinny wrists... any chance of a sub 40mm diameter version?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It will have a bracelet.

Eddie
    I meant it to have an "integrated bracelet" as per the Royal Oak, Nautilus, etc.

I meant it to have an "integrated bracelet" as per the Royal Oak, Nautilus, etc.
    Add a few fake screw thingys on the bezel while you're at it ;)

It's an interesting idea though, but may look a bit odd on a dive watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Calumets View Post
    Isn't the lume on the second hand around the 35minute mark?
    Good point!

Did I mention that I HATE integrated bracelets?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Eddie

The end of integrated bracelet

Eddie
    Hear hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Calumets View Post
    I'd love to see that Dreadnought sized for my skinny wrists... any chance of a sub 40mm diameter version?
    It is going to be sub 40mm. See post 1.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    It is going to be sub 40mm. See post 1.
    Thank you. I should have gone back to the start... I can hardly wait to see this!

Craftsman
    Sub-40mm cushion case. Now that sounds interesting.

Craftsman
    How about a 38mm version of the Sewills Professional Diver PRS-44 ?

Basically a unisex "Submariner" homage ... very few good mid-size divers on the market right now ...

Master

Eddie
    Both of those look awesome!! I’ve lost track now - are these likely to be a reality?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Both of those look awesome!! I’ve lost track now - are these likely to be a reality?

I hope so, I missed out on the first Seiko hommage.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    The idea is being put out to see the response.

Master
    The idea is being put out to see the response.
    Ok. Well they both look awesome and the responses seem very positive. Hoping they both make it to production.

I have always been a fan of the Radio Room and its good to own such a limited edition! I was wondering if you'd ever considered doing a RAF Sector dial based clock, Eddie?
    Again nice and colourful and you could have fun with some nylon pull throughs!! Also follows on for the current TF light coloured dial trend, which is very popular at the moment.

Mock up is in the PRS-28 case.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Ooo, nice mockup.

I like the colour scheme of that. Could nickname it 'The Jester'.

SPEEDBIRD III

Basically the same as the current model but in 36mm and fitted with the Miyota 9015. 36mm watches have proved very popular recently and I think it's a good size for a unisex model.
    Could it not retain the current Speedbird movement?

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Mock up is in the PRS-28 case.
    I predict brisk sales in South America ... and Andorra, Chad, Moldova, Romania. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nitsy View Post
    Could it not retain the current Speedbird movement?
    It could but then it wouldn't be the lower priced alternative, which is the objective.

Eddie

New Dreadnought looks great!

Are you thinking case 38mm or bezel 38 mm?

Always thought the Dreadnought GMT lugs were a tiny bit big for me, but only by a couple of mm 😇

Apprentice
    pretty quiet here. probably everyone is busy admiring their everest...

I think the little dreadnought is great and like to have one without a date. Maybe the hour markers should be a bit bigger so that the proportions fit to the huge hands. Personally, I could also do without the red mark at 12 o'clock.

Another one loving the idea of a smaller Dreadnought that's wearable on my 6.5" wrist. I prefer no date watches but if it does have a date I hope it's not at the expense of an hour marker. I hate that look, I prefer the symmetry of having all 12 lume markers on the dial and that sad, dark, depressing void at night time while the rest of the eleven glow away doesn't sit well with me!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    ..................................but if a smaller version remains on the cards, then why not model it around the first 6105 (i.e. the one that was actually produced from 1968 and not the one that appeared in 1970).

i.e This one:

rather than this one:

The earlier model (6105-8000) has a 40mm case already and there would be no peril associated with down-scaling what was deliberately intended to be an expansive cushion case in the later 6105-8110.............................................
    Martin

Eddie,
    Though I've been greatly impacted as to spare time of late, I have had enough to look in and see all the new planned watch models you're gearing up for next and they're quite impressive. I personally probably best like the proposal of a new but smaller version of the PRS-68 and I think Martin's idea above great of going to the earliest 6105-8000 Seiko format case (I imagine this might be the original and perhaps sleekest of all the Seiko "Turtle" case divers) to achieve the target 40mm case size without having to downsize the later and much larger post-1970 6105's stylized "Flipper" crown guard case.

In addition as to that, and just like you used to do, I hope you might consider for the new PRS-68 6105 homage upgrading the Seiko original's press fit crystal retaining ring set-up to a full-on heavy-duty steel screw-down crystal retaining ring. As for the flanged crystal itself, you can make it out of sapphire glass without even a true SAPPHIRE HATER like myself complaining about it, though I think that the much tougher aerospace grade borosilicate glass (i.e. "test-tube glass") would be a far better choice technologically if one is thinking "purpose-built" like I always tend to (at the same time, I do fully understand that the world's watch market overwhelmingly demands the brittle but scratchless sapphire as very near a prerequisite).

Also, I think that another true technological upgrade to the original Seiko 6105, assuming you don't want to go with a full-on "Caribbean"/"MarineMaster 300" monocoque case for this one, could be the Russian Vostok "Amphibian" type flanged case back secured by the heavy-duty steel screw-down retaining ring in a mirror image of the flanged screw-down crystal requested above. And, if the Russians can make and sell a nice and technologically superior Vostok Amphibian for less than 100 GBP or so right now, I wouldn't think such a case back would raise the manufacturing cost of a TF '68 with the same type genuinely improved caseback all that much, even though I personally think it would be well worth it even if it did to some degree.

AND, SPEAKING ABOUT INTERNAL CASE TECHNOLOGY, GLAD YOU GOT THE PLUMBING FIXED!!!!
    Last edited by Rollon; 28th October 2019 at 08:41.

Apprentice
    Please make the 36mm Speedbird happen. Preferably with a no-logo option.

I have the Expedition and it’s perfectly sized and a black addition to it would be just perfect.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by batti View Post
    Please make the 36mm Speedbird happen. Preferably with a no-logo option.

I have the Expedition and it’s perfectly sized and a black addition to it would be just perfect.

:)
    Welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I thought this wasn’t worth a new topic, but might be of interest to others?

The TF NATO straps are of excellent quality, but I for one would love for there to be an RAF (also known as USM) type strap to be available, made out of the same material. If this were to be done, hopefully the buckle would be of the more usual, rounded type, rather than the spade-shaped one on the ‘new NATOs’, as I find that digs in a bit.

Glad to see the watches are selling well and that you’re in good health again.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    thanks! :) thought it was worth a try, after registration had been disabled for some time.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    I thought this wasn’t worth a new topic, but might be of interest to others?

The TF NATO straps are of excellent quality, but I for one would love for there to be an RAF (also known as USM) type strap to be available, made out of the same material. If this were to be done, hopefully the buckle would be of the more usual, rounded type, rather than the spade-shaped one on the ‘new NATOs’, as I find that digs in a bit.

Glad to see the watches are selling well and that you’re in good health again.

I agree, love the quality but I don’t like all the metal hardware on a nato. I cut mine up like this, it’s rough but more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by horror_logical View Post

I agree, love the quality but I don’t like all the metal hardware on a nato. I cut mine up like this, it’s rough but more comfortable.
    You do know you can singe the end with a lighter... pass the flame quite fast. Experiment first on the bit you cut off.

You do know you can singe the end with a lighter... pass the flame quite fast. Experiment first on the bit you cut off.
    Clamp it between two nickels (or any round coins roughly the width of the strap) ...and then hit it with the lighter.

Journeyman
    Yeah, I did it about 6 months ago so it’s starting to fray. Not too worried

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Clamp it between two nickels (or any round coins roughly the width of the strap) ...and then hit it with the lighter.
    Very clever, i’ll give it a go.

I would be very interested in the smaller PRS68 style, I love the case shaped but that style is ususally huge so this would be a nice change.
    Last edited by ant8519; 31st October 2019 at 20:22.

Journeyman

Black Expedition

I adore my Expedition. Any chance of it having a twin in black in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    I too prefer the old hardware. I have a several of the TF nato straps with the older hardware and find them much more svelte and handsome than the newer style with the angular keepers and big buckle. I bought two of the newer style and almost immediately ruined a nice Portuguese blanket when the spade buckle caught in the material and pulled/ripped a portion of it. I don't have that strap anymore, it was included with the next watch I sold.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    As PRS-68 in the 6105-8000 style would be a must have

For me too.
    Seiko is in a delirium tremens with the price of its re-edition.

The date is not a must have for me.

36mm Speedbird would be fantastic.
    The original SBIII proved too large and heavy for my taste in the long run, so this woud be most welcome.

Journeyman

Eddie
    Damn right - not for me either!
    Last edited by Drumcairn; 29th November 2019 at 14:43.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=MartinCRC;5192199]I completely agree with this. The PRS68 jarred for me not only because it sat uncomfortably with where I thought the strengths of the Timefactors lay: it seemed very odd for a British company to be producing a Smiths-branded homage to a very Japanese diver's watch. But also (and I'm being frank here), aside from the case, I thought the execution deeply flawed. The dial, hands and bezel insert appeared to have been modeled in the style of the dodgy third party parts that plagued so many 6105's that had been 'restored' by backstreet Philippine eBay sellers in the late noughties. I would encourage Eddie to shelve any plans for a 68 revival but if a smaller version remains on the cards, then why not model it around the first 6105 (i.e. the one that was actually produced from 1968 and not the one that appeared in 1970).

i.e This one:

rather than this one:

The earlier model (6105-8000) has a 40mm case already and there would be no peril associated with down-scaling what was deliberately intended to be an expansive cushion case in the later 6105-8110. In spite of all that, I still don't think it's a good idea!

Love a tonneau case so liking both - I have a Navigator with similar case to the earlier model and love that style. What about a compressor-style Smiths, a ZRC style Smiths or a Super Submarino style Smiths? - but Caribbean first please! 40mm case size ideal with decent l2l and sloping lugs!
    Last edited by Drumcairn; 29th November 2019 at 14:46.

Eddie
    I was very excited by the Dreadnought until I saw that it has a date. Oh well.

Slightly O/T, but I'd like to add my name to the list of people interested in a quartz chrono PRS-40 - or indeed a re-issue of the original quartz ND 3-hander.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I was very excited by the Dreadnought until I saw that it has a date. Oh well.
    Smaller Dreadnought would be great, again limited. The 'Great Britain' on his dials looks .. well.. great! Being smaller/little different would not spoil the original limited edition promise I don't think … and for that I could live with the date as it is - certainally with the black date wheel - damn looks like the bank account might take a hit next year ...
    Last edited by Drumcairn; 1st December 2019 at 13:12.

Speaking of the future... How do people feel about a Smiths Weems?

I just picked one randomly for the picture. Dial, Hands, Size, Bezel and Lock-crown can be discussed.

Lots of examples in the links below. There's also google.
    https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guides/6b-159-weems/

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...otating-bezel/

I think a Smiths Weems would be rather cool.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Future plans

Quote Originally Posted by Drumcairn View Post
    I would encourage Eddie to shelve any plans for a 68 revival but if a smaller version remains on the cards, then why not model it around the first 6105 (i.e. the one that was actually produced from 1968 and not the one that appeared in 1970).

i.e This one:

(...)
    Warning: Armida will be coming out with something just like this in the next week or so. Model A13, similar specs as their A12 apparently, I think it will be like the model you are after. Eddie beat them to the Explorer homage, but looks like they are getting this one out first. But there’s enough room in the sea for both I imagine?
    Last edited by redhed18; 3rd December 2019 at 22:48.

Smiths Weems would be great. It really would.
    Go on Eddie, pretty please.......

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Warning: Armida will be coming out with something just like this in the next week or so. Model A13, similar specs as their A12 apparently, I think it will be like the model you are after.
    I'm not advocating a 6105 homage at all but I recognise that to Eddie there is a commercial incentive to revisit. However, I wholeheartedly support the idea of a smaller Dreadnought. At 40mm, that would be something I could engage with.

Martin