closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Goldsmiths "live chat" - now it really IS........

Goldsmiths "live chat" - now it really IS........

Have to let you guys know... as made me smile.

I was on the Goldsmiths site earlier this week - and the live chat thing came up....

Imagine my surprise when you get a webcam (calm down) of the operative you are talking to!

I asked him if it was real - he acknowledged me it was...

I then asked him to see if he could keep a safe face as I ask him is there any chance of ordering s ss sports Rolex model.... LOL

The guy took it all very well - but I thought, for devilment it was worth letting the forum know.

IS this the future?

PS - he just advised me to go to my local Goldsmiths with my initial query over stock levels of a specific non Rolex model I was after...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    IS this the future?
    I'm sure it is, although soon you'll probably find that you're looking at a photorealistic image of the AI you're talking to. ;-)

I just hope that it doesn't connect to my own webcam...
    Last edited by markrlondon; 5th September 2019 at 12:53.

[QUOTE

PS - he just advised me to go to my local Goldsmiths with my initial query over stock levels of a specific non Rolex model I was after...[/QUOTE]

If that’s the usual answer for a chat enquires, then what is the point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    [QUOTE

PS - he just advised me to go to my local Goldsmiths with my initial query over stock levels of a specific non Rolex model I was after...
    If that’s the usual answer for a chat enquires, then what is the point ?[/QUOTE]

Because they will have a go & talk her into something else thats actually sitting in store?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Have to let you guys know... as made me smile.

I was on the Goldsmiths site earlier this week - and the live chat thing came up....

Imagine my surprise when you get a webcam (calm down) of the operative you are talking to!

I asked him if it was real - he acknowledged me it was...

I then asked him to see if he could keep a safe face as I ask him is there any chance of ordering s ss sports Rolex model.... LOL

The guy took it all very well - but I thought, for devilment it was worth letting the forum know.

IS this the future?

Get this on quite a few websites now , normally a chat option opens within a few seconds of browsing a particular website , and then you can chat to an employee . Quite useful on a few occasions.

Craftsman
    I’ve always found the chat function for such things pretty useless as they generally seem to say the same thing...give me your details and I’ll arrange a call back or go into your local store.

I'm always dubious you are actually 'speaking' to a person..surely some are computers?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I'm always dubious you are actually 'speaking' to a person..surely some are computers?
    Yes, some will be computers. Or at least the first interactions will be with a computer, which are then moved on to a human as the conversation develops.

With some of the smaller shops I've bought from, the live chat really is a real person from the start (most times).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    Get this on quite a few websites now , normally a chat option opens within a few seconds of browsing a particular website , and then you can chat to an employee . Quite useful on a few occasions.
    Yeah, but video is not so common (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Yes, some will be computers. Or at least the first interactions will be with a computer, which are then moved on to a human as the conversation develops.

With some of the smaller shops I've bought from, the live chat really is a real person from the start (most times).
    This.

The AIs behind some of the chat apps can often be surprisingly convincing at first.

I sometimes wonder if the old Eliza would be any less helpful than some (human) tech support lines. ;-)