closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Presage With Spring Drive

Seiko Presage With Spring Drive

Seiko introduce presage watches with spring drive , the SNR037 and the SNR039 .

https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko...-snr039-price/

https://www.seikowatches.com/uk-en/n...02-52229054338

Last edited by Tazmo61; 2nd September 2019 at 14:56.

Rather overly cluttered dial on what to me, should be celebrating the elegance of the enamel dial.

Enamel - yum
    Spring drive- yum

4650 Euros - oof.

As soon as I saw SNR I knew the price was going to be lofty. A swing and a miss imo. Awful looking watch, horrendous price. Are they going to double the price of GS now with Pressage line watches at this level?

I like it , but its way over my own personal budget . I think I would actually go for something like this instead .

https://www.schoeneuhren.de/en/marc-...matic/a-18300/

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmo61 View Post
    I like it , but its way over my own personal budget . I think I would actually go for something like this instead .

https://www.schoeneuhren.de/en/marc-...matic/a-18300/

What about the automatic Presage models? Enamel dial...Seiko...lovely! SPB069

Other variants available too.

Pricey, though Seiko have been trending upwards for some time now. Black enamel is always cool - the hardest colour to do as well. But I can never get over the odd power reserve, always been strange for me. Easy pass.....

I agree , there are some excellent alternatives in regards to other Presage models , but even they are above my budget at the moment , LOL . The Marc & sons is a much cheaper alternative for a watch with an enamel dial . However hopefully that will change in the future
    Last edited by Tazmo61; 2nd September 2019 at 15:47.

If you're into enamel, check out AnOrdain watches. Made up in Scotland, by a very small team indeed.

Their Model 2 isn't to my taste, but Model 1 definitely is, and they're currently redesigning the cases of those to make them more streamlined.

Quite a range of colours to choose from too.

Master
    The dial does look a bit busy but still rather nice !

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    If you're into enamel, check out AnOrdain watches. Made up in Scotland, by a very small team indeed.

Their Model 2 isn't to my taste, but Model 1 definitely is, and they're currently redesigning the cases of those to make them more streamlined.

Quite a range of colours to choose from too.

I do like enamel dials , and AnOrdain watches do produce some very nice watches indeed , still a little rich for me however at the moment .

Craftsman
    Nice but at that price it needs to say grand seiko on the dial!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Nice but at that price it needs to say grand seiko on the dial!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I don't think Grand Seiko do any enamel dials? It would have to be a pretty hefty additional kick upwards in price for that.

Blog Entries
    Rather overly cluttered dial on what to me, should be celebrating the elegance of the enamel dial.
    I usually find that I like power reserve meters but I agree, this would be better without it.

I don't know why Seiko are so attached to power reserve meters on Spring Drive watches. As I recall, the only Spring Drives I've seen without power reserves are some Credors.

Master
    Well, you've got to hand it to Seiko, probably the most 'democratic' brand out there. But I can't help feel they've just devalued both the spring drive and Grand Seiko in one fell swoop.

Journeyman
    The price is cringe-worthy...if only they can do PR at the back of the movement instead of cluttering the dial with windshield wiper....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    cluttering the dial with windshield wiper....
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I usually find that I like power reserve meters but I agree, this would be better without it.

I don't know why Seiko are so attached to power reserve meters on Spring Drive watches. As I recall, the only Spring Drives I've seen without power reserves are some Credors.
    I like PRs, but why the numbers on this one? There are far more elegant means of indicating it, and they know those too as they implement them on some GS.

Also not a fan of the rest of the dial other than the dial itself. Take off most of the hour markers and other clutter, and then we're talking.

Just Seino.

I like PRs, but why the numbers on this one? There are far more elegant means of indicating it, and they know those too as they implement them on some GS.

Also not a fan of the rest of the dial other than the dial itself. Take off most of the hour markers and other clutter, and then we're talking.
    yeah agreed.
    like the power reserve but not the numbers

Craftsman
    Almost bought the 60th anniversary edition on holiday. Bit gutted I had the wife with me who put a firm stop to it....lol

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

40% off at Jura on the black dialled SNR039 at present.
    I saw this yesterday but slept on it overnight before deciding to share.