closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC - Final Roll Call

SOTC - Final Roll Call

Has it really been 10 years since I joined TZ. It’s been a fantastic journey and the opportunity to own some amazing timepieces has been awesome.

My first love / passion / hook was the Sinn 156 and it would appear I’ve nearly come full circle since then.

My current line up is a far cry from the grails I once possessed but I’m far happier now than I was owning them. Prices have since become ridiculous and I’m glad to be off that merry go round if truth be told.

My collection is rather odd these days but my initial passion for watches is still clearly obvious thanks to my current Sinns.

Main line up;

Sinn EZM1.1

Loved the original but much prefer the size and heft of this later incarnation. Being right wristed the chrono pushers work well for my left hand regardless of the manufacturers original intentions.

Sinn 140

Had to have an original 5100 in there somewhere. Recently bought back from the forum but needs a service as chrono gets stuck which the seller kindly has paid half towards. Just waiting for Simon Freese to confirm.

Omega Spacemaster

Just love the retro design and modern tech. Beautiful combo but still in two minds whether to keep as it’s not getting much deserved wrist time.

Enzo Mechana EM001

Wanted this particular sub hatch model for sometime and getting harder to find these days. Just love everything about it!

Lum-Tec M56

Big, Bronze & Brash!

Seiko SKX007

My first proper watch before joining TZ, lavished with modified love.

And finally, in the case of a Zombie Apocalypse open the Peli!!

I feel my passion has waned of late and wouldn’t be surprised if I sell the lot sometime soon. Maybe I was spoiled too early in my journey and the attainment of something special has become price wise rather repulsive these days which makes me feel as a “serial flipper” my journey has come to an end. I appear to be merely visiting watches of time past rather than forging ahead with new conquests.

Time to call it a day shortly and focus on my final horological challenge.

Just one watch!

I think I already have it but time will tell. Nevertheless it has been a great journey and been a privilege to meet some truly wonderful forum members.

Many thanks of course has to go to Eddie. Without his forum I would never have had the opportunity to fulfil my earlier passions and have the privilege to own some truly exceptional timepieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chinnock; 1st September 2019 at 15:06.

Master
    You know how I feel about this....one watch is an excellent and worthy ending to this fine hobby. My guess is you’l go for a Sinn; good luck.

Master
    Interesting and impressive. I wish you well in your ambitious quest.... ;-)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I do like that 140, Jase! Know what you mean about getting off the merry-go-round, too.

Very nice, Jason. Like Tony, I'd pick the 140 out as the highlight of the bunch.

Good to see another Enzo owner on the forum.

Craftsman
    Would be interesting to see the collection at its peak.

Craftsman
    Z-33: titanium, analogue & LED = lovely madness. My favourite in your collection.

I would feel a bit lost with one watch but owning a Sinn EZM2 it could well be that as my only watch, not worth a ton of money, really well made, pick up and go quartz and works with lots of straps and dress, what Sinn would you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice collection, absolutely love the Z-33 and if that thing wasn't so chunky(as somebody with a skinny wrist) I'd be screaming "dibssss!!!" from the top of my voice.

I've often pondered the idea of one watch but have come to the conclusion that just wouldn't work for me as I love getting a watch out the box that I haven't worn for a while, often get that new watch buzz again which I couldn't be without. Plus I have a sentimental gold dress watch which wouldn't be suitable for an only watch obviously. Maybe three I could manage at some point in the future, have mulled that one over a ton.

Anyway enjoy those beauties and don't go rushing into anything, the one watch thing is a myth for most people here I think.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 2nd September 2019 at 09:48.

Craftsman
    Some real beauties there mate love the omega. A thing of real beauty

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Lovely collection. I made the transition to one watch and have never looked back. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    It will be an interesting journey to my end goal but I finally feel ready to do it. Nothing these past 12 months really fires up my interest like it used too and feel I've already "been there and done that" with the rest.

I'll drop my current collection gradually and hopefully the last one remaining will be the one! Regardless of the final watch, will be glad to finally hop off this merry-go-round once and for all.

It's only a watch at the end of the day . It's been fun, learnt loads but guess all good things must come to an end at some point. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    It will be an interesting journey to my end goal but I finally feel ready to do it. Nothing these past 12 months really fires up my interest like it used too and feel I've already "been there and done that" with the rest.

I'll drop my current collection gradually and hopefully the last one remaining will be the one! Regardless of the final watch, will be glad to finally hop off this merry-go-round once and for all.

It's only a watch at the end of the day . It's been fun, learnt loads but guess all good things must come to an end at some point. Time to move on.
    Let’s have a chat about the 140 at some point... maybe an excuse for a bike meet-up too :)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Let’s have a chat about the 140 at some point... maybe an excuse for a bike meet-up too :)
    Sounds like a plan , I’ll keep you posted mate.

Master
    Great looking collection! Love those Sinns.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic collection Jason and indeed it has been a pleasure.

Keep in touch, thinking of a Norwich GTG soon its been a couple of years, would be good to see both yourself and Tony back in Norfolk.

ATB

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Fantastic collection Jason and indeed it has been a pleasure.

Keep in touch, thinking of a Norwich GTG soon its been a couple of years, would be good to see both yourself and Tony back in Norfolk.

ATB

Paul
    Thanks Paul. Hopefully I’ll only be bringing “the one”
    Last edited by Chinnock; 2nd September 2019 at 21:32.