TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any love for the Girard Perregaux Laureato

Master

Any love for the Girard Perregaux Laureato

Just been looking at one online

quite like the design/shape

prices seem to vary quite a lot

36mm - the older models
    Last edited by BillN; 1st September 2019 at 12:20.

I’ve had the Laureato Evo Moon and Chronograph’s, I like them a lot though but they have to be bought at the right price, around 50% off retail as a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I’ve had the Laureato Evo Moon and Chronograph’s, I like them a lot though but they have to be bought at the right price, around 50% off retail as a starting point.
    Make it 30%.
    Nice watch bought at the right price.
    Hard to shift if you get tired of it.

Master
    Original Genta design, 38mm, in house movement. There’s a lot to like at the right price. Seems much better value that the RO albeit blatantly derivative and not original.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Any love for the Girard Perregaux Laureato

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Original Genta design, 38mm, in house movement. There’s a lot to like at the right price. Seems much better value that the RO albeit blatantly derivative and not original.
    Not a Genta design as far as I know - see here: https://www.thehourglass.com/new-wat...oraries-1970s/

I keep trying to like it as it’s well sized, and the prices of the integrated bracelet sports watches you really want have become absurd. But no matter how many times I look at it, and from what angle, the ugly duckling refuses to turn into a swan.

Craftsman
    I love the all ceramic version but grey prices aren't even close to 30% discount. Also heard their service is long and time consuming?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I tried the 42mm ceramic version on in William & Son and it fitted my wrist a treat and I loved it. I will never pay retail for a GP but when I see one at a good price I will be buying!!

Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    I love the all ceramic version but grey prices aren't even close to 30% discount. Also heard their service is long and time consuming?

Simon Freese can service them.

He went to GP and completed their training. Did a great job on my Chrono.
    Last edited by hhhh; 7th September 2019 at 09:57.

They can be bought at 40% off easily...around 6.5k for an unworn model

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I tried the 42mm ceramic version on in William & Son and it fitted my wrist a treat and I loved it. I will never pay retail for a GP but when I see one at a good price I will be buying!!
    I have to agree on the sizing, for me the 38mm sits better than almost any of the obvious (and much more expensive or plain unattainable) alternatives. If only I could stop seeing it as ‘not a Royal Oak’. There was a nice pic of one on the Friday thread though.

Here’s how it looked when I tried it at SalonQP:

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post

That looks the nuts!

I saw them in Geneva a year or so ago and to be honest the "bezel" if you can call it that seemed a little thick and unbalanced for the watch. They always seemed better in photos than when I saw the one in Geneva, a bit like the Piaget Polo (The Piaget chronograph did look really nice though)

Price wise I have seen them for around 7K. A discount more than that I think would be an excellent deal.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by cirotti View Post
    They can be bought at 40% off easily...around 6.5k for an unworn model
    So how does that happen? Go straight into AD with cash and 40% is given without any resistance or are you talking about finding a lightly used copy from private sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by Guycord View Post
    So how does that happen? Go straight into AD with cash and 40% is given without any resistance or are you talking about finding a lightly used copy from private sellers?
    Chrono24 seem to have quite a few, not quite 40% but the discount is there.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Price wise I have seen them for around 7K. A discount more than that I think would be an excellent deal.
    3-hander 38mm Mrsp £8100, so £7k represents 14%. The Chrono at Mrsp £10600 would be 35%

Journeyman
    Been tracking these for a while (along with the UN Freak X), C24 seems to offer too little these days and I’m planning to go direct to see if they will talk real numbers

Journeyman
    The watch is almost perfect. However, there is too much taper on the bracelet and the integration means it can’t be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guycord View Post
    AD won't do 40% off I guess...talking about grey dealers or private sellers...I have checked an the ceramic ones are around 6.5K..maybe a bit less!!!
    Last edited by cirotti; 7th September 2019 at 20:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I have to agree on the sizing, for me the 38mm sits better than almost any of the obvious (and much more expensive or plain unattainable) alternatives. If only I could stop seeing it as ‘not a Royal Oak’. There was a nice pic of one on the Friday thread though.

Saw one of those yesterday in WEMPE, £8.5k, lovely looking think and half retail of an AP RO 37mm but couldn't do it at retail.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Saw one of those yesterday in WEMPE, £8.5k, lovely looking think and half retail of an AP RO 37mm but couldn't do it at retail.
    Unlike the RO, avoiding retail seems straightforward, there have been plenty new on C24 at £7k, though the £ is not in its healthiest state currently which won't help.

Arguably the 38mm model is slightly better proportioned than the current 37mm RO, though not as attractive. Wrist size being a factor obviously...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cirotti View Post
    AD won't do 40% off I guess...talking about grey dealers or private sellers...I have checked an the ceramic ones are around 6.5K..maybe a bit less!!!
    Is this ceramic case and integrated ceramic bracelet or ceramic case and rubber strap. If former, could you send me a link?

Apprentice
    I also have that new blue 38mm version. In the flesh it is absolutely superb. very slim and comfortable and hugs the wrist like it was made for it. I could not speak highly enough but have a look at the recentish video on watchfinder and you will be sold. I have a couple of rolex and breitling and this feels a cut above them.

Master
    What a lovely watch.

I like the majority of GP watches I've seen and that one is no exception.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

This thread started my search for a ceramic laureato with ceramic bracelet which I fell in love with after trying one on in William & Sons. After some patient waiting I now have my mitts on one!! The ceramic bracelet is wonderful. Just arrived but quick pics don't do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    This thread started my search for a ceramic laureato with ceramic bracelet which I fell in love with after trying one on in William & Sons. After some patient waiting I now have my mitts on one!! The ceramic bracelet is wonderful. Just arrived but quick pics don't do it justice.
    I've just seen this and I'm surprised with the lack of comments here - this is an absolutely fantastic pick up. Congrats Tony!!! I reckon it's the best of the Laureato - such a distinctive look and the finishing on the ceramic looks very, very good indeed. I'm a recent convert as of this week with all black watches, they're absolutely fantastic! Well done on another left field choice and enjoy that bad boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I've just seen this and I'm surprised with the lack of comments here - this is an absolutely fantastic pick up. Congrats Tony!!! I reckon it's the best of the Laureato - such a distinctive look and the finishing on the ceramic looks very, very good indeed. I'm a recent convert as of this week with all black watches, they're absolutely fantastic! Well done on another left field choice and enjoy that bad boy!!!
    Thanks for the kind comments. I'm wearing it today and I'm feeling well chuffed. It is absolutely wonderful.

Bracelet is very cool and it's very slim too!

I've warmed up to the 'regular'/blue time only model and think ramping it on steroids with full ceramic is well executed. GP have taken the 'luxury' sports watch and done something different. It stands out above even the 'cheaper' watches that it competes with such as the new Chopard. The size at 42mm looks very good too - I believe this has a more modern movement as well which fills the case better.