closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spacesaver wheels ?

Master

Spacesaver wheels ?

I'm a member of several motoring forums and it seems that there is a glut of unused "spacesaver" wheels and tyres. Most "recycling" centres charge £3-5 a wheel to dispose of them. Perhaps someone can suggest an alternative use? Most of them are as new. Some kind of off road cart or such like? Trailers?

Master
    I have been trying to get one for a 2018/19 BMW F48 X1 for a few weeks, my car came with the usual goo kit - BMW will not sell me the "space saver kit" as, I think, they are unhappy with returns because it will not fit properly, (flat) in the boot without modification to the floor - they don't admit to this but it is only available as a factory option when you order the car as they have to replace part of the boot floor so that it will fit.

so far I have got them to agree to supply me with the bare wheel, but they will not fit the space saver tyre - I have to go elsewhere to source that and get it fitted
    Last edited by BillN; 1st September 2019 at 11:41.

Well, if anybody knows where there might be one to fit a new Mercedes, I’d be grateful for it...

Other than that - watch winder? Lazy Susan?

Put it on e-bay.

On my current car, it had runflats, so no spare..I ditched the run flats, and got "ordinary" tyres...so bought the spacesaver , to put it in the boot..

Im sure Im not the only person who has done this...so should be albe to sell it fairly easily Id have thought?

Master
    I need a spacesaver for a small 4 bolt Peugeot or Citroen 15/16 inch if anyone has one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    Put it on e-bay.

On my current car, it had runflats, so no spare..I ditched the run flats, and got "ordinary" tyres...so bought the spacesaver , to put it in the boot..

Im sure Im not the only person who has done this...so should be albe to sell it fairly easily Id have thought?
    Did exactly the same with my car. Got 2 runflats and 2 normals so will change to all normals when the runflats wear down. Got the spacesaver for £50 off ebay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Did exactly the same with my car. Got 2 runflats and 2 normals so will change to all normals when the runflats wear down. Got the spacesaver for £50 off ebay.

Can you run 2 x runflats with 2 x normal on the same car?

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Can you run 2 x runflats with 2 x normal on the same car?
    No idea but I did for a while. Car is rear wheel drive and for about a year I had normal tyres on the back and run flats in the front. Didn’t really notice anything out of the norm but I don’t drive like a hooligan. Now have normal tyres all round.

If somebody wants to flog me a space saver that will fit a bmw 3 series for a fiver I’d be interested.

Master
    I currently have a twenty year old Rover 75 and have two unused spacesaver wheels and tyres that I don't want or need as I have plenty of spare alloys. I've seen them on ebay and they don't get a bid, even on a 99p start!