closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Assist

Currently driving a 2006 Mondeo estate, all these gizmos are alien to me, but I have an Octavia se technology on order that has ACC as well as many other mod cons, I'm scared.

I have the pleasure of a hire Mercedes brand new while my car is being repaired... The alarms are a pain in the proverbial, especially the side ones when nothing appears near me.. Reverse parking is nice though

Sent from my LYA-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    There may be trouble ahead with all this tech............

from another place : read it and weep

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/motorhome-crash/

B

There is trouble ahead....
    Today our car came up with the warning message of “error workshop leave selector in p position “

Reading into it a bit more it seems it’s a common fault for DSG and keyed ignition

Oh and turning the steering wheel starts the engine back up with stop start enabled
    Only had it just over 2 years and if it wasn’t for this thread we’d never have known...lol
    Last edited by speedypro1111; 8th September 2019 at 16:43.

Craftsman
    Adaptive cruise is excellent, last two cars have had it, next one will not because BMW have decided you have to order the highest trim level and only then are you allowed to order it as part of an expensive option pack, which is a real step backwards in my view.

I will miss it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    If it was just the engine switching off and turning back on again and driving straight off it probably wouldn’t be a problem
    Maybe it’s just me but I find there’s a delay of a second or so with a dsg gearbox and it’s hesitant to drive away from stopping
    I turn it off for the same reason. No matter how fast they say it starts there’s still a delay pulling away. Not what you need at junctions/roundabouts.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I turn it off for the same reason. No matter how fast they say it starts there’s still a delay pulling away. Not what you need at junctions/roundabouts.
    Good to know it’s not just me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There may be trouble ahead with all this tech............

from another place : read it and weep

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/motorhome-crash/

B
    Quote Originally Posted by gazette
    of Cretingham, near Ipswich
    Oh come on that must be fake shirley?

Had ACC on the Golf-R and only really used it for the gabillion miles of motorways being "made smart" and having to do 50mph average speed checks, and traffic jams (btw the VW dealer I picked it up from advised me to switch off the start/stop for the DSG as it downright annoying).

Craftsman
    Yep, first thing I do in my Passat as soon as I get in. It’s now become reflex, I don’t even have to think about it. Stop/Start is a pain with the DSG box.

I’ve noticed something very odd with my ACC and it happened again today.

Whenever I reach a certain point on the M6 North in the 50 zone roadworks it comes up with a fault, something like ‘radar impaired’ and turns itself off.

It’s at exactly the same point every time. Checking the Sat Nav today it turned off with 32 miles before Junc. 19 and then corrected itself with 28 miles to go.

It’s happened several times now. What the hell’s that all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Of course it’s spoof publication.

Blog Entries
    Wasn’t impressed with the Jag after collecting from the dealers. For a new car to shake on the steering whenever hitting a white line on the way home I presumed it was the road surface. When it continued to do it the next day I had to ring the guy at the dealership as I was beginning to think something was seriously wrong (Nice guy, wears an Omega btw).
    That will be the ‘Lane Departure Warning’ feature he said!
    Oh how we (he) laughed. 😂😂
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

It's an interesting one, this - I've got a current-model XC90 which features ACC, lane assist, blind-spot warning and a proto-driverless mode called "Pilot Assist". I was very sceptical indeed about all this technology, but once I'd figured it out (a matter of a few weeks) I honestly find it really useful. ACC in particular is a godsend on a busy dual carriageway.

Oddly, I don't have any problem switching over to a car without the tech - but suspect that's because the driving experience is so very different in all other respects. After the Volvo, the 928 feels like I am sitting on a roller-skate.

Craftsman
    Ranger Rover Velar - the ACC is just too sensitive - even on the closest setting it leaves too big a gap to the car infront allowing people to squeeze in and push you back again. Very frustrating as the tech works great otherwise

Lane assist is great too - it does complain if you leave your hand off the wheel for too long though...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post

Just a bit !!!

B