closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hulk and Subs not for sale....

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

Hulk and Subs not for sale....

One of my sons has just come back from Seoul in S Korea. He visited 2 official dealers and in one, on display, there was a Hulk and a date and non date Sub. After wearing my Hulk in the past he has taken a liking to one. He went in, made enquiries and was told they were for ‘display only’. He tried to negotiate a deal, offering to buy other ‘less desirable’ pieces and even offered way over the advertised list. They were having none of it. Clearly they have their preferred customers. Whilst I can see this policy working where there is a high volume of sales, I just dont get it when if all the talk is true about allocations etc, a dealer may only get one or two of these per year. If AD’s wont sell over list (allegedly) then surely it doesnt matter a jot who buys the piece?. Needless to say he is still looking for a Hulk, and will no doubt be borrowing mine in the future.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It's highly likely they come in and are already for someone on a waiting list, but they put them in tbe window whilst awaiting collection.

Stops having empty display cases which does look a bit depressing.

Miltons has a green hulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Miltons has a green hulk

I’ve mentioned that one to him Marty. He is happy to pay over the odds to a degree, especially for a new (ish) one, but not for one that is a couple of years old. Its soul destroying to see them in shop windows and yet you cant walk in and buy them. Greys are having an absolute field day in the current supply climate.

Stuart

Where I am on holiday there is a CHNR in the window. Not my cup of tea but tempted if it helps me get something more interesting at the same time. Last year they had a BLNR in the window but it was already sold. Once bought you have to let them put it in the window for a month to help them drum up business.

Just had a chat with him. Apparently he visited a couple of dealers, they both had Hulks and one had a Batman along with the Subs. Seems odd, a shop that wont sell its goods !!

Stuart

Master
    Tudor AD in lakeside had a 58 and GMT to try on only both on bracelet.

Craftsman
    I may be wrong but they could have been display pieces, I believe a lot of AD’s now have these on show & have something like “not for resale” inscribed on the case back .

Craftsman
    This week we’ve had Hulk’s, Batman’s & Daytona’s in the windows. A good week in terms of Rolex spotting!

If it’s a display watch, how long till we get told there is a waiting list to try on display watches, lol

Master
    Blog Entries
    In contrast I went into a IWC shop everything on display was for sale same in the Omega shop,
    Just to balance things up.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    In contrast I went into a IWC shop everything on display was for sale same in the Omega shop,
    Just to balance things up.
    I went to a disco once - all the fat girls were available and willing to dance with me

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Miltons has a green hulk

Damn. I was looking for an orange one:-)

Master
    I got shot down last year on here when my friend at David M said the plan was for the AD's to be show rooms and the pieces in the windows would be try on only.

Maybe it was actually true. Makes sense I. A way at least you can go and actually the the watch in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    This week we’ve had Hulk’s, Batman’s & Daytona’s in the windows.
    They'll be selling carrot's and cauliflower's at AD's next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    They'll be selling carrot's and cauliflower's at AD's next.
    That's bordering on being political.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Where I am on holiday there is a CHNR in the window. Not my cup of tea but tempted if it helps me get something more interesting at the same time. Last year they had a BLNR in the window but it was already sold. Once bought you have to let them put it in the window for a month to help them drum up business.

Drum up business for a product they cannot get a supply of ?

Interesting concept.

Craftsman
    The whole Rolex AD supply thing is becoming stupid.

Begging to pay 8k on a watch where the quality control of the watch is, I feel, is becoming poorer is madness I have bought my last one. It was not a SS sports model

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don’t think in my entire time in retail any customer “begged” for a watch, stainless steel Professional Rolex or not on the other hand a lot of customers were rude and aggressive when they couldn’t have what they felt was something they should have.

Master
    Oh to be a Rolex Salesman - what power they wield - it's just frightening!!

They can make a grown man cry!

The power of Rolex AD and their sales staff is even more clearly evidenced by their ability to make ‘grown’ men ( using the term rather loosely )whom they have not even met cry like girls on the Internet

Don't know how much power they have when the shelves are empty. I'm sure they dislike the situation as much as we do. Imagine being in sales with barely anything to sell. Not great. It's not just the end users being stuffed.

However I'm sure at head office level where they're finally seeing solid gold watches sell like never before and the stores chopping 30% off the price they're happier.

Master
    No Rolex is hard to get; you just have to pay the current market price. Those complaining they can’t get one at retail are effectively expecting a big discount . That’s not how the market works.
    Really, it’s pay-up or shut-up. Simple choice. All the complaining is naive, because if these models were freely available their used price would fall, and the rush would die within weeks.
    So which option do you want? You can’t have both.

Best keep hold of your PM pieces as the prices are skyrocketing now due to them being far more in demand, due to the lack of SS.

Mines going in the back of the safe for a couple of years, at which point I'll be in a position to buy several SS pieces in a trade... ...