closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROLEX ST JAMES

ROLEX ST JAMES

I went into RSJ in September 2002 for an issue and came back in June 2003 to pick up my watch. I didn't get a green pouch but a clear plastic bag, with a service document indicating a part replacement. When did they start giving green pouches with a routine service?

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using TZ-UK mobile app

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    You only get one in conjunction with a precious metal service.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatch1 View Post
    I went into RSJ in September 2002 for an issue and came back in June 2003 to pick up my watch.
    It took nearly a year to service a watch?

No I was out of the country for a bit and couldn't get back for 8/9 months due to my studies. I had other watches so I wasn't too worried. Tbh I just forgot about it and I realised that I need my Rolex before they considered it abandoned lol

Craftsman
    No I was out of the country for a bit and couldn't get back for 8/9 months due to my studies. I had other watches so I wasn't too worried. Tbh I just forgot about it and I realised that I need my Rolex before they considered it abandoned lol

Like you do.

Both times my Exp2 went in for warranty work (two or three years ago) they posted it back in a green pouch inside a box.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    My 116610 came back in one when I had it serviced a couple of years ago if it helps.

Blog Entries

Exclamation

I’m surprised your posting about a pick up you did in 2003 at RSC in 2019.

The last time I picked up from RSC I did get a green service pouch - in August 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Well, lve got three of the buggers and lve never owned a precious metal rolex...

I just wanted to post something I did in my earlier years as I am a newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’m surprised your posting about a pick up you did in 2003 at RSC in 2019.

The last time I picked up from RSC I did get a green service pouch - in August 2019.

Also I wanted to ask if anyone had dealt with RSJ in 2002/2003 with regards to the green pouches. No offence intended

Blog Entries

Cool

Also I wanted to ask if anyone had dealt with RSJ in 2002/2003 with regards to the green pouches. No offence intended

none taken! It’s just I can’t remember what I did last week let alone 2003. I remember 1979 quite well though if that helps??

Craftsman
    I’ve had a few from pressure testing and service on a SS sports model.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Whooooooosh!

Master
    My SS Submariner was returned to me in a green pouch last time it was serviced.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I went in there for some springbars last year and got a green pouch.

none taken! It’s just I can’t remember what I did last week let alone 2003. I remember 1979 quite well though if that helps??
    Hmm that's strange I didn't get any green pouch. Perhaps I should enquire about this since I have some time on my hands I will phone them as they are currently closed to for walk ins due to the refurbishment going on. But thanks for the heads up. They have records of all work done as per serial numbers. Thanks Martyn JC for that

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using TZ-UK mobile app

I will phone St James on Monday and let you guys know why I did not receive a 'green pouch"

I’ve been given a green pouch twice just for taking a watch in to have a link removed.

I have had a few mainly after servicing watches but the last time was after having a watch regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’ve been given a green pouch twice just for taking a watch in to have a link removed.
    This is really not fair I bought the watch in early 2002 and took it to Rolex St James in late 2002 due to a fault. I left it for several months and collected it from the reception, no green pouch !! A typed letter with the Rolex logo stated that a part was replaced although no mention of a service. I was also curious why a brand new watch would have a failed part,the response was that the part failed it's tests. It was returned under guarantee, although it's a bit late to complain about this a telephone call won't hurt and forum members might or might not be interested in how it all turns out for future references
    I have time so I will find out WHY no green pouch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Can you let me know when you plan to phone them please?
    I'd like to pop in and watch whilst they take that call.

Given that, at the moment, rolex begrudge giving out pretty much any thing other than the watch itself, l will be interested to see how you get along OP - especially given the time lapse.

You will, sadly, very probably be underwhelmed by the green service pouch - it's a cheaply-made plastic faux suede affair with a press stud...

...amazingly people actually put them up for sale sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Can you let me know when you plan to phone them please?
    I'd like to pop in and watch whilst they take that call.
    So I gather it's a joke to consider calling lol Anyway regardless I will let you know how I fare even though you probably know the outcome

Master
    Im confused! you’ll call after 17 years to complain you weren’t Given a green pouch?

If it helps recently sent my Tudor for a repair and they sent it back in a white Rolex service box with a Tudor pouch

So I gather it's a joke to consider calling lol Anyway regardless I will let you know how I fare even though you probably know the outcome
    Well you are joking aren’t you?

You haven’t posted anything on this thread to indicate that you’re not either joking or trolling!

This place is getting weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Given that, at the moment, rolex begrudge giving out pretty much any thing other than the watch itself, l will be interested to see how you get along OP - especially given the time lapse.

You will, sadly, very probably be underwhelmed by the green service pouch - it's a cheaply-made plastic faux suede affair with a press stud...

Hmm it seems I am on a forlorn journey to nowhere. I shall see what they say that's the main thing. The issue is will they take the call and if they do so they might consider my request as a joke. I will not be embarrassed to tell forum members the outcome of this undertaking

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Im confused! you’ll call after 17 years to complain you weren’t Given a green pouch?

If it helps recently sent my Tudor for a repair and they sent it back in a white Rolex service box with a Tudor pouch
    It's not the issue of a green pouch which I hear it's rather cheap. I just thought it would be worth finding out why this shabby treatment. It wasn't a service but a repair under guarantee. Still it would be interesting to find out WHY as it's just a call that may be answered or not.

This is really not fair I bought the watch in early 2002 and took it to Rolex St James in late 2002 due to a fault. I left it for several months and collected it from the reception, no green pouch !! A typed letter with the Rolex logo stated that a part was replaced although no mention of a service. I was also curious why a brand new watch would have a failed part,the response was that the part failed it's tests. It was returned under guarantee, although it's a bit late to complain about this a telephone call won't hurt and forum members might or might not be interested in how it all turns out for future references
    I have time so I will find out WHY no green pouch

Why is it important to have one? They aren’t even that good as watch cases. I think I threw mine out when I got the watches home.

Many thanks for the info regarding the cheap green pouch. I also understand that Rolex of 2002 is not the same as Rolex of 2019.
    I know you know it's light hearted.
    Your positive comments encourage me.
    I believe that most information provided on this forum is generally beneficial, allowing for some sarcasm,humour and interesting news for the benefit of forum members. What's the point in not being able to take a punch or two.
    If one can't take negative or positive criticism,don't bother posting.
    This is to encourage those who would like to post but are scared of being laughed at or ridiculed.
    I am pleased that most contributors are positive and relaxed in their attitudes towards other members.

Why is it important to have one? They aren’t even that good as watch cases. I think I threw mine out when I got the watches home.
    It's just a question to find out when exactly they started issuing them. It's not an issue as others have mentioned, it is rather cheap and nasty. If I got the information from the forum I wouldn't go any further.
    It won't cost me a dime but a little time

And ld say that, until the call is made, that's pretty much as far as we can go with this thread!

In fact, unless rolex come out with something absolutely incredible, ld say that the thread has pretty much ended.

Unless, of course, three goats need to get to a new field....

And ld say that, until the call is made, that's pretty much as far as we can go with this thread!

In fact, unless rolex come out with something absolutely incredible, ld say that the thread has pretty much ended.

Unless, of course, three goats need to get to a new field....
    I agree haha wait for the call

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OP I give you credit for being a complete xxxx in open forum.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    My SS Submariner was returned to me in a green pouch last time it was serviced.
    Same here

Master
    I’m curious, why has this bothered you enough inY17? Why not Y16,Y5,Y1 or when you got the watch?

Is this serious? does something that trivial bother you that much you’re going to complain 17 years later?

Good luck if it does mean slot to you

Craftsman
    I will phone St James on Monday and let you guys know why I did not receive a 'green pouch"

Just a thought, but does it really matter? Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to get a green pouch, but had it been returned to me some other way, I wouldn’t really have cared. Is it worth chasing the why of it?

Craftsman
    It's not the issue of a green pouch which I hear it's rather cheap. I just thought it would be worth finding out why this shabby treatment. It wasn't a service but a repair under guarantee. Still it would be interesting to find out WHY as it's just a call that may be answered or not.

Again, young sir, who cares? Really now. Not in a dismissive way. But really, truly. Who actually cares?

You could put your energy into something vaguely meaningful instead. Your prerogative, of course.

Master
    I understand your frustration in not being given a green pouch. Do hope the call goes well, I would hope they offer to give you one now assuming you still have the watch 17 years later!

For reference as with others, I was given a pouch when my watch went in for something trivial.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    This place is getting weird.

Getting ?

If you really have that much spare time and energy, put it into something productive instead (e.g. helping out at a charity, visiting an elderly family member, etc.).

My AD gave me a pouch when I first purchased my SS Sub. I just asked if he had one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you phone up, ask for Mr Gerard Kerr. He’s head of after-sales at Rolex UK and has been in the job for 28 years. He will therefore know when the green pouch was first issued.
    Last edited by Christian; 31st August 2019 at 21:09.

I didn’t get a green pouch when they added a link for me last month... they’ll be hearing about this in 2036!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    I didn’t get a green pouch when they added a link for me last month... they’ll be hearing about this in 2036!
    Good to see the humorous side of the forum Thanks for all your comments.In future other new members will know how to conduct themselves within these serious circles

When you phone up, ask for Mr Gerard Kerr. He’s head of after-sales at Rolex UK and has been in the job for 28 years. He will therefore know when the green pouch was first issued.
    Thank you very much for an inspired answer to my original question which unfortunately spiralled into something else.
    I was blissfully unaware of the cheap green pouch just curious to see why I was treated in different manner but Thank you for your informative reply and I will end all this drama till I make the call . Some information may be useful to other forum members, others are indifferent and don't bother with a response as they are not interested in the issue being discussed. Some look for the next member to tear apart whilst others like yourself give an informed and considered reply.

Blog Entries
    Just in case you want one anyway - here is a cheap offer for you:

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/partsaccessories-customer-service-pouch--travel-case--id9354430.htm

Good luck with finding out the answer to your question on Monday. ( St James is not shut yet btw).

M

Master
    Some information may be useful to other forum members, others are indifferent and don't bother with a response as they are not interested in the issue being discussed. Some look for the next member to tear apart whilst others like yourself give an informed and considered reply.

[/URL]
    That perfectly sums up the forum as a whole. Over time you’ll get to know who is who.

Craftsman
    Just in case you want one anyway - here is a cheap offer for you:

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/partsaccessories-customer-service-pouch--travel-case--id9354430.htm

Good luck with finding out the answer to your question on Monday. ( St James is not shut yet btw).

M

I’m feeling like I’ve won the lottery, I’ve got three of those upstairs in the drawer.