closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Post Wi-fi removal at home

Post Wi-fi removal at home

3 weeks gone - not missed it at all - my 12gb of data on phone more than sufficient (with loads to roll over)

If there are any issues loading apps etc - either wait, or just use partners phone hotspot for a min or two to load.

Don't use any streaming services on TV - tried them all - pretty much all not worth the dollar - so...... anybody else tried?

I'd understand the opposite - get a 'dumb' phone but keep home internet access. Reduces lots of distractions and likely reduces social media use (including forums), which seems to only be a good thing for plenty of people's wellbeing.

I see no benefit of what you suggest - what's the rationale?

Master
    Broadband is one thing I wouldn’t want to lose.

I’m a big fan of YouTube running through my PS4 (for some reason looks amazing compared to the TV or virgin YouTube app) I think it’s so nice to be able to sub to various people I love to watch and the variety is great, just let it run. Wouldn’t care if I never had regular TV again.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I'd understand the opposite - get a 'dumb' phone but keep home internet access. Reduces lots of distractions and likely reduces social media use (including forums), which seems to only be a good thing for plenty of people's wellbeing.

I see no benefit of what you suggest - what's the rationale?
    The rationale is two fold

First - ££££
    A saving of approx £300 per year

Second - less of “let’s watch some crap on the tv” and actually do something

Third - more interaction with family rather than flicking through a bones and iPads without thought - this making a marked improvement in meal times, conversation etc

I can still look at forums, usecemail etc - I have recognised that broadband is something that I genuinely don’t NEED

Thomas Reid
    I wouldn't want to do without my local network, which is a combination of wireless and wired.

Best wishes,
    Bob

one reason to have BB is that you have more privacy control over a web browser on a PC than a app on a phone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    one reason to have BB is that you have more privacy control over a web browser on a PC than a app on a phone.
    Tether the phone to the pc...

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Tether the phone to the pc...
    A related idea is that when using broadband one can have a firewall sitting between the world and one's internal network (which I do). Of course, one can run a firewall on a phone, but it is not so straight forward, as it requires a rooted phone and the like. Even if we give up wires for 5G or the like, I would still like a clear distinction between LAN and WAN.

Best wishes,
    Bob