closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko PADI special edition

Journeyman

Seiko PADI special edition

I love the look of this watch. Is it as a good a deal as it looks? £289 instead of £399 rrp. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/...UaAmfQEALw_wcB

Apprentice
    I had the opportunity to handle this model in a store that had it displayed. I also used to own a non-PADI black version on rubber strap, the SNE441.

I find this PADI version to be more to my liking than the SNE441. It appeared better looking in the metal. The only thing that turned me off was that the seconds hand did not align with the markers while my SNE441's seconds hand hit every mark perfectly.

Had I encountered this PADI version first, it would have been the one that I purchased for its solid construction and clean looks.

It is priced at an equivalent to £197 here.
    Last edited by chronolector; 29th August 2019 at 12:59.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chronolector View Post
    I had the opportunity to handle this model in a store that had it displayed. I also used to own a non-PADI black version on rubber strap, the SNE441.

I find this PADI version to be more to my liking than the SNE441. It appeared better looking in the metal. The only thing that turned me off was that the seconds hand did not align with the markers while my SNE441's seconds hand hit every mark perfectly.

Had I encountered this PADI version first, it would have been the one that I purchased for its solid construction and clean looks.

It is priced at an equivalent to £197 here.
    Blimey! thats quite a difference in price

Craftsman
    I had the SNE439 Pepsi bezel version for a while. Last year it cost me £199 against a list of about £329. Although that was only on the standard Seiko rubber strap. Given the PADI branding and bracelet I’d guess this is a reasonable price.

It was a good watch, decent timekeeping for the basic Seiko solar movement, light and comfortable to wear. I used it for holidays in the pool and sea and it was great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chronolector View Post
    The only thing that turned me off was that the seconds hand did not align with the markers while my SNE441's seconds hand hit every mark perfectly.
    Why can't a large manufacturer like Seiko, using its own movements, not get this right? I had a lovely SBN0015 Tuna which I felt obliged to sell because the seconds hand was well off kilter, especially not hitting the 12 o'clock marker.

Citizen can manage it. I have three Eco-drives / Tough solars that are all bang on.
    Casio can manage it. I have an ana-digi G-Shock which is perfect and I've handled a friend's Oceanus T200, that was also on the money.

I really like the look of many of the Seiko Quartz solar watches but I've held off because of the strong possibility that the seconds hand will be wonky.

Second hand not hitting markers + misaligned chapter ring = problem solved!

Master
    Does anyone know where in the UK it is possible to get a president bracelet to fit these?

I have the chronograph version currently on NATO.