closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A watch for a birthday and and a birth.

Master

A watch for a birthday and and a birth.

So it was my birthday this last weekend and I decided to get a watch that I had sold earlier in this year, this time I got it on the bracelet and added the leather strap and deployment.
    Not worn it yet as I am not sure why, my Z blue seems to be getting worn mostly along with the daytona. I suppose its that new feeling and I must be getting older that I actually have the card dated on my birthday, makes it seem more special in my simple head.

Here are some pictures with a few of my daily wearers, nice to wear watches and to have a choice after getting back from Afghan; where my Z blue was worn daily.

I have a daughter on the way this month; if she comes along on time I am thinking of selling my current GMT and buying another Tudor GMT to mark the occasion. My other half thinks I am mad but she thought the BB58 was a nice idea for my birthday. She is not so sure about the GMT for our daughters birth, as she states its for me not her. I like the idea, part of my agress with the important half another part of me like the idea.
    Last edited by shoppy; 29th August 2019 at 13:36.

Have to agree with your missus.
    Tudor GMT for your ‘inbound’ daughter?
    How do you rationalise that?:-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Have to agree with your missus.
    Tudor GMT for your ‘inbound’ daughter?
    How do you rationalise that?:-)
    I don’t now, I like the idea of having one with paperwork dated on her birthdate. I know it’s silly but as I said it makes it special in my simple head.

Master
    Many congratulations to you and your wife for bringing a new addition to your family.

But in all honesty you will not need another watch as your daughter will be keeping the track of time for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I don’t now, I like the idea of having one with paperwork dated on her birthdate. I know it’s silly but as I said it makes it special in my simple head.
    Right on both counts. I wonder what the wife will say when the special sold only to be re-bought GMT ends up on SC

Thought you'd wear the GMT overseas instead of the Milgauss?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Right on both counts. I wonder what the wife will say when the special sold only to be re-bought GMT ends up on SC

Thought you'd wear the GMT overseas instead of the Milgauss?
    To be honest I took my Pepsi with me but used the z blue more often than not. I had a work issued watch that did not very thing I needed. The z blue just made me smile especially when the sun hit the dial.

Last edited by shoppy; 29th August 2019 at 16:07.

Master
    Why not celebrate the child’s birth with the purchase of a nice ladies watch, a good investment maybe and a great gift when she reaches 16 or 18?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Why not celebrate the child’s birth with the purchase of a nice ladies watch, a good investment maybe and a great gift when she reaches 16 or 18?
    That is also a good idea, the better half has got a few Datejust in all metal varieties a few Cartier watches, as well as a couple of sports so could take her out watch buying. Currently the baby to be has a bespoke pendant and bracelet made for her. I will discuss this with the boss.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Please pardon me, but that sounds a rather self-centred way of celebrating the arrival of a new born girl (for which congratulations). Personally, something more centred on her would be a more appropriate gift to the “other”.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Please pardon me, but that sounds a rather self-centred way of celebrating the arrival of a new born girl (for which congratulations). Personally, something more centred on her would be a more appropriate gift to the “other”.
    I have already got my significant other some Art Deco jewellery, new born has some bespoke jewellery made. Thanks for the kind words. It’s just an idea I have seen banded around on the forums.

Can you not consider something midsize and more unisex to give the possibility that your daughter could wear it when she gets old enough?

Maybe something like a 36mm dress watch where a smaller size works well?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe look at a 36mm OP?
    I bought my wife the Red Grape version a few years ago and I'd happily wear it but it's also suitable for woman so could be passed along to her when the time is right.

Congratulations by the way!