closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current and Future Everest

Master
    I'm sure Eddie will make everything clear when he's good and ready.

Master
    I see the white dial Everest and the Exhibition will be on sale on the 6th (when I'm in transit to Dubai, d'oh). It there any date for the updated version (new bracelet, movement) of the black dial Everest?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I see the white dial Everest and the Exhibition will be on sale on the 6th (when I'm in transit to Dubai, d'oh). It there any date for the updated version (new bracelet, movement) of the black dial Everest?
    Pretty sure I read that would be later in October

I'm really confused with the PRS-25 in 36mm...

There is already a black face in 36mm.

There is a white face already released on the website but not due on sale until the 6th Oct.

The white face was meant to have an updated handset, but doesn't due to a mix up with the watchmaker. The updated hands can (will?) be sent with the watches?

The white face has an updated rivet style bracelet, with a much smaller clasp.

I think the above is all correct.

For the 36mm black face. Is the updated version for sale on the 6th as well?

Was this meant to have an updated hand set but doesn't?

Will this have the updated bracelet?

If there is an updated version of the black face, this doesn't seem to be reflected on the website.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but there seem to be multiple threads discussing these watches.

Thanks all.
    Jamie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The updated black 36mm is due later in October, no definitive date given yet. It will have the new, rivet bracelet and was supposed to have the updated hands. I assume that the updated hands haven't happened due to manufacturer mix-up, but it may be that they're a different batch from the white dials, so maybe they have been updated? Eddie has said that it was 300 watches made with the handset not updated, so whether that it is 300 white dials, or 300 of a combination of black and white dials I don't know for sure. (I suspect it's 300 split across the two dials, though.) I haven't seen anything definitive from Eddie on that specific point.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Also the 36mm black dial will have the "old size" hands, due to manufacturer mix-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Also the 36mm black dial will have the "old size" hands, due to manufacturer mix-up.

Such a shame. The originals would have become "classics" and doubled in value overnight! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    The updated black 36mm is due later in October, no definitive date given yet. It will have the new, rivet bracelet and was supposed to have the updated hands. I assume that the updated hands haven't happened due to manufacturer mix-up, but it may be that they're a different batch from the white dials, so maybe they have been updated? Eddie has said that it was 300 watches made with the handset not updated, so whether that it is 300 white dials, or 300 of a combination of black and white dials I don't know for sure. (I suspect it's 300 split across the two dials, though.) I haven't seen anything definitive from Eddie on that specific point.
    Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Is that when the riveted bracelet will be available to purchase for current owners of Smiths 36mm? I know there were discussions earlier, it will be available at some point, not sure if that is planned along with the next batch of black Smiths 36mm.

Current and Future Everest

Apologies if this was covered, but going by the spec sheets it seems that Eddie has moved to the higher grade Superluminova X1-C3 on the new White dial PRS-25 and the Expedition. I imagine the next black model would follow suit.

The original 36mm black PRS-25 is listed as Superluminova C3...

Craftsman
    Hi Eddie, wishing you well for tomorrows avalanche.
    I hope all the posts translate to actual sales, let us know at some point how comically nuts it goes at 2pm.

Can I ask for your confirmation on what the score is with the black Everest?
    When do you think you will have the samples or confirmation of hands installed.

One of the Trio will be in my grubby mits soon.

Kind regards WallyUK.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    Can I ask for your confirmation on what the score is with the black Everest?
    When do you think you will have the samples or confirmation of hands installed.
    You should sign up for the Timefactors email newsletter, Eddie sent an update on Oct 5 which reads in part:

“New stock of the 36mm black Dial Everest is due to be available at the end of October.”

Also in one of these threads Eddie confirmed that the manufacturer installed the wrong (same old) hands, not new adjusted length ones. Those won’t be getting corrected, they will ship with the original length hands. The best concession seems to be that Eddie may ship extra updated hands to those who ask, and they can deal with their watchmaker at some point to get them installed. Details TBD on that...

Craftsman
    The white dial Everest has the original set of hands only (long minute hand and short hour hand), and there is apparently no option to have a revised set of hands for it.

(Eddie confirmed in email to me after I ordered the watch and requested the additional hand set).

The prototype photo did have the longer hour hand, and Eddie did say in the post accompanying it that the production model would also have the shorter minute hand. Neither seems to have come to fruition in what is available to buy unfortunately, nor are there any plans to redress. I'd have to assume another cock up at the manufacturer, similar to what they have done on the Mk 2 black dial Everest.

Shame, but whitey is still going to be a cracking watch, so will proceed as planned :-)
    Last edited by 459GMB; 7th October 2019 at 11:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    The white dial Everest has the original set of hands only (long minute hand and short hour hand), and there is apparently no option to have a revised set of hands for it.

( :-)
    What's original about the hands?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    What's original about the hands?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Long minute hand and short hour hand, while it was supposed to have them corrected in terms of proportion (shorter minute hand and longer hour hand).

Master
    All going well, I'm planning to buy the Everest on Sunday. I know I saw this in a thread somewhere but can't find it now. What size screwdriver do I need for the bracelet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    All going well, I'm planning to buy the Everest on Sunday. I know I saw this in a thread somewhere but can't find it now. What size screwdriver do I need for the bracelet?
    I did mine with the forked end of a Bergeon 6767-F spring bar tool ... which measures 1mm across.

Apprentice

UK Time

Is UK time GMT+1?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavs26 View Post
    Is UK time GMT+1?
    No, as of today it is GMT. Clocks went back 1 hour overnight.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    No, as of today it is GMT. Clocks went back 1 hour overnight.
    Thanks man! So I'll be ready at 4pm here in South Africa

Cheers

Order submitted at 1403, now to be patient!

Craftsman
    Order also submitted with a cheeky request for a birthday number. Fingers crossed Eddie.

I will wait the new hands.
    Perhaps January ?