closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grey NATOs

Grey NATOs

I thought I would post this here following a post in a thread in watch talk
    I am a big fan of a Phoenix NATO and always thought the were the best out there until I tried a CWC NATO.
    I don’t know for certain who makes the CWC NATO (I have a hunch.)
    Anyhoo a few pictures to show the difference.

The 2 straps on the left are CWC the 2 on the right are Phoenix. The lighter CWC is the ‘Vintage’ grey strap

The material on the CWC is a lot thicker but a bit softer, it has a more pronounced ridge weave and the holes seem to hold up better than a Phoenix.

The hardware is much chunkier on the CWC and the plating seems to be better quality. (It’s not rubbing off)

Straps reversed in these pictures - CWC on right

Finally a couple of pictures to show the colour difference between Phoenix straps as a result of manufacturing batch wear and age.

And lastly a colour comparison between CWC and Phoenix

I hope this thread is useful for insomniacs!!!

Master
    I find anything thicker than a Phoenix too thick for my wrists. Makes the watch top heavy.

The thinner material will inevitably deteriorate more quickly around the holes, but I can live with that.

I love the very themed collection! Currently my favorite grey NATO is one of the seatbelt material ones from Watch Gecko. Very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I thought I would post this here following a post in a thread in watch talk
    I am a big fan of a Phoenix NATO and always thought the were the best out there until I tried a CWC NATO.
    I don’t know for certain who makes the CWC NATO (I have a hunch.)
    Anyhoo a few pictures to show the difference.

The 2 straps on the left are CWC the 2 on the right are Phoenix. The lighter CWC is the ‘Vintage’ grey strap

The material on the CWC is a lot thicker but a bit softer, it has a more pronounced ridge weave and the holes seem to hold up better than a Phoenix.

The hardware is much chunkier on the CWC and the plating seems to be better quality. (It’s not rubbing off)

Straps reversed in these pictures - CWC on right

Finally a couple of pictures to show the colour difference between Phoenix straps as a result of manufacturing batch wear and age.

And lastly a colour comparison between CWC and Phoenix

I hope this thread is useful for insomniacs!!!
    I appreciate this is an old thread but I'd be interested to hear your hunch on who makes NATO straps for CWC.

Great photos btw - far from being a cure for insomnia, I find myself almost salivating looking at some of them. More than a little worrying, I realise that.