TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Brexit car prices

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    Ha ha

Try adding: easy to park in town, at least 125bhp, automatic, dual zone climate, heated seats, “good” lights and blind spot monitoring to the list. And under £25000. Bizarre but a Polo GTI is topping her list and she’s no spring chicken.

None of the used searches I’ve found include all of the things she wants.

The basic problem is that she likes to: pay cash, keep her cars for at least 5 years and that’s a long time to go without something you’ve had and enjoyed.

Waiting for the dust to settle and biting the bullet on a factory order seems sensible.
    Hmmm... maybe easier to trade for a spring chicken who does not drive to save the planet ;-)

Ha ha

Try adding: easy to park in town, at least 125bhp, automatic, dual zone climate, heated seats, “good” lights and blind spot monitoring to the list. And under £25000. Bizarre but a Polo GTI is topping her list and she’s no spring chicken.

The basic problem is that she likes to: pay cash, keep her cars for at least 5 years and that’s a long time to go without something you’ve had and enjoyed.

Waiting for the dust to settle and biting the bullet on a factory order seems sensible.
    25k is a good amount of money to play with, have a look at what's available ex demo or nearly new.

Just had a look on autotrader and there are some minis, polo GTis, 1, 2 and 4 series BMW's and some super spicy A1's all with less than 1k miles on them and auto folding mirrors.

When I used to work for a popular car website the research was people changed cars every 9 years if they bought cash or 3-5 if doing finance and the biggest reason for the finance route changing cars quicker was at the end of the pcp it was cheaper (on a monthly basis) to get a new car and keep the payment the same and ignore the fact you're taking your debt from 20k back up 28k etc.

BMW park lane have a 230i m sport with 101 miles on the clock for £26,790.

Cars like this will all be last quarter's pre reg as by law you cannot sell a pre reg car for at least 90 days. Some dealers don't care about this but the vast majority do which is why so many farmers make a killing for renting fields to car dealers all over the country to store thousands of cars in while waiting for the magical 90 day period to end.

£25k on a polo gti (especially in red) is worse than 15k on a Hublot

Master
    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...dr-dsg/9823163

That Donkey might want to rethink its EU settlement scheme application!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    In two stable realtionships though ... The third broke it off this spring...
    How are the cat and dog?

Shame the pet hamster died. Sorry, 'broke it off'.

Master
    I hear Audi/VW group are having some issues with new legislation preventing them registering 69 plate cars, was in a hurry this am so didn’t have time for salesman to elaborate, may dig deeper later.

Journeyman
    Exchange rates will also play a part.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    How are the cat and dog?

Shame the pet hamster died. Sorry, 'broke it off'.
    Yes, I know; too far outside the references. Tant pis.

@Irish Boy: Another reason to buy from stock.

Journeyman
    Ha ha😉

Surely theres a lexus out there with all that as standard , I'm sure the ct200h comes in budget and top spec models would have all that and more .

I purchased a Lexus CT200 recently and I am very pleased. Averaging high 50’s to low 60’s across a mixture of motorways, A roads and through London. I pay no road tax and the car is a pleasure to drive.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 31st August 2019 at 15:52.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Someone please correct me, but seem to recall it'll be 10% import duty added.
    I’d pay for it in full if you can. The only thing I’m sure of is that it’ll be more expensive after Brexit, like most things.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I purchased a Lexus CT200 recently and I am very pleased. Averaging high 50’s to low 60’s across a mixture of motorways, A roads and through London. I pay no road tax and the car is a pleasure to drive.
    I think Lexus has the same Sat Nav as the Toyota Corolla? She enjoyed the new Toyota Hybrid system with a 2 litre engine but hated the phone and navigation system. We’d assumed Lexus would be similar. Toyota Salesman told her it could be two years before it gets upgraded to Apple CarPlay.

Next up is an ex-demonstration Mercedes CLA I suspect that it will provide a strong benchmark.